[Official] WINE info thread

"
Sovyn wrote:
I worked with the PlayOnLinux team and got the patched version of 1.7.27 I've been having great success with available for the whole community without having to compile. I updated my guide with the info.

TLDR, Just use "1.7.27-PathOfExile-1.7.27" in PlayOnLinux.

Does this wine build need some special flags/env variables? I have 40-50 ms/frame with any graphics settings and any resolution (tried 1280x800 and 1920x1080). Anyway it's better than with unpatched version of wine (50-100 ms). Probably it's not a video card trouble (HD 6850 1GB). Have you any suggestions what cause so large frame time?
"
silencex wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
I worked with the PlayOnLinux team and got the patched version of 1.7.27 I've been having great success with available for the whole community without having to compile. I updated my guide with the info.

TLDR, Just use "1.7.27-PathOfExile-1.7.27" in PlayOnLinux.

Does this wine build need some special flags/env variables? I have 40-50 ms/frame with any graphics settings and any resolution (tried 1280x800 and 1920x1080). Anyway it's better than with unpatched version of wine (50-100 ms). Probably it's not a video card trouble (HD 6850 1GB). Have you any suggestions what cause so large frame time?

Unfortunately, ATI/AMD video has always been terrible with PoE/Linux. Sorry. Can't even disable GLSL, which is required IMO. In my guide I did suggest the open source driver from cutting edge repo. That helped a bit for me when I tested ATI.
For anyone getting the "d3derr_notavailible" when loading into the game installing libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386 got my game to start. Couldnt find this anywhere and stumbled upon it when troubleshooting other Steam games.

Linux Mint 17.1
Intel i7 4930k
AMD 280X with Mesa 10.1.3
PlayOnLinux /w 1.7.27-PoE
GLSL Support: Enabled (Would not load with disabled)
Direct Draw Renderer: opengl
Offscreen rendering mode: fbo

The framerate is sitting at 100+ when standing still. Tanks to 0-5 every time a new object appears on screen.

I have issues with skill keys(or any keyboard input inside the game window) not working and changing zone ingame enables them again. Any fix for this?
Linux Mint 17.1 | Intel i7 4930k |
AMD 280X with Mesa 10.5 -->
http://xellink.com/2014/11/20/tutorial-on-wine-gallium-9-possibly-doubling-your-framerate/
PlayOnLinux /w Patched Wine -->
https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers/"
Last edited by Namesuck on Dec 8, 2014, 2:04:46 PM
Ok, with latest update middle mouse button doesnt work anymore for me.
Can anybody else confirm the problem?

Nevermind. It seems to be a local issue
Last edited by MQD on Dec 12, 2014, 9:01:50 PM
hi there fellow poe on linux players.

i just found out about that game some days ago.
when i was younger i loved playing diablo and poe seems to be a really funny action rpg.
so i want to give it a try.

unfortunately i am not even able to install the game via wine.
the launcher allocates space and starts downloading the game.

during download process i get this error message:
"fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module"

i cannot continue downloading the game, as wine tells me that Content.ggpk seems to be corrupted and i have to delete and redownload it.

this happens every single time i try to download the game.

according to the wine - appdb thread all necessary libraries were installed with winetricks.

is there another way to fetch the necessary source files?

just tell me if you need further information concerning my system.
Setup: Intel Q9400 Core2Quad CPU
4GB Ram
AMD Radeon 7970 / R280X (don't know why, but drivers are confused about this, both in windows and linux)
Intel 240GB SSD

Playonlinux 4.2.5
32bit 1.7.27-PathOfExile-1.7.27 wine version

I followed the guide that is now on game wikia, it won't run if i disable glsl, or / and with the open source drivers, so i used the fglrx-updates one in Mint Additional drivers option. The problem is that i get reaaaaaaaaaally low fps and many freezes that render the game unplayable (when i use skill, it freezes a bit, same thing when i move). I even tinkered with the amd catalyst options a bit, but it still locks on 20-30 fps and freezes in gameplay. In windows i get around 100 fps. Any info on this? I don't want to go dual boot again, especially on this new ssd drive.
How to fix audio decode error? I run PoE with "-swa" flag, but this error still appears.
I managed to make things a bit better with the installation of amd proprietary driver 14.20 from their website, disabling sound by adding -nosound flag and turning windows 8 to windows 7 or xp but there are still some spikes in performance that render the game a bit unplayable.

I have a proposition to GGG to make: I understand it is difficult to make a linux native client (more expensive than difficult perhaps?) so why don't you raise a fund for it? Create an in game item that is flagged for linux client creation and see what happens? Make an estimate of what you will need, and if the ammount reaches the goal, you guys go for it. You could use the code Valve published in github that converts DX calls to OpenGL, and i'm sure Valve would help you with it if you asked (since their goal is to make steamos the nextgen platform, based on linux and they still lack a aaa title that is not single player).
I've got problems right after the character selection.
My system gets an error during the loading screen right after the character selection.
I unfortunately can't tell what the error exactly is since I can't leave the client anyhow. I can just see via Alt+Tab (I'm using Linux Mint 17.1) that an error message has popped up.

I used the tutorial from the PoE wiki. Anyone else here with the problem or any idea what the problem could be?
It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
Hello,
I've follow the guide by Sovyn, and I cant launch the game at all :(
I have try on both 32 and 64 wine version.

The client download the game fine, but when I want to launch the game, I see the client that say "allocating" and "checking resources" very fast, and normally just after that the game is supposed to start. But I got a crash, here the bug report http://paste.awesom.eu/kG9n

My system: Archlinux 64bit
GPU: nvidia GTX760 2go
CPU: Q9550@3.4GHz

I've follow on the guide:
new install for 64bit
install from existing on 32bit

If you need more info, just let me know what :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info