The Return of the Development Manifesto

I'd be interested in seeing you (Chris) address the "Ten Acts" myth. How realistic is that?
Very good! I sure hope it cuts down on the venom and anger, on every news post.You guys don't deserve it.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Love this, thank you!
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Glad to hear it chris. I understand the synchronization and client performance is important to both PvE and PvP as well but we definitely need some updates on the development of pvp aspects. Even though your client isnt currently optimal for pvp, in my personal opinion I think public testing is definitely still viable since I know different aspects of GGG work on different areas and multitasking towards completion can be important.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
RTFBM now RTFDM
"
ffogell wrote:
I think they learned a great deal this season that they need to catter to the mass than to a few select hardcore while trying to keep the challenge high enough for those ;)

this +1

both "community" can live together, each with their own objectives,
when?
If desync is inevitable... then can we have some player protecting game mechanics. Off the top of my head i can see a three stage alert system.
1. Player and server are less than 2m desynced and no longer than 1 sec... rubber band.
2. Player and server are less than 10m desynced and no longer than 2.5 sec rubber band with a 1 sec bubble (no player actions and non damage taken. )
3. Player and server are severely desynced. If client has a lower entropy (I.e. empty room or distance from boss) then "TRUST CLIENT" for positions and induce a 1-2 second bubble depending on client response.

This does not reduce the hardcoreness of the game but limits the keyboard smashing and swearing deaths while your character is trying to cyclone in another state.

This is sole aimed at reducing unknown actions on both parties sides not in giving a player invulnerability. In most situations a 1 to 2 second pause is going to mean death anyway. But it does give the player a chance to react to a game breaking problem.
These are a good read. Pvp manifesto or not, whats discussed here is very important universally for all game modes. I like watching this game mature, I have faith in the end product.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Is it possible you can tell us when PvP is coming? I don't want to waste my time each league making a pvp character and have it end up in the permanent leagues (hardcore) WITH ZERO ACTION. IT'S REAL DEPRESSING, just sayin.

Also, you're probably going to have to open up cross-league pvp since NO ONE pvps on invasion.

Add some incentive to pvp, like some pts you can use to buy micro-transactions or some pvp related content.
Last edited by OriGinS on Apr 22, 2014, 2:33:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info