The Return of the Development Manifesto

"
Psyborg wrote:
Thanks Chris, and everyone else involved in the areas discussed.

I appreciate knowing the thought process behind decisions, and it does very good rumor control when there is an official statement about how balance decisions are made, and what goals are considered for gameplay and structure.

This!
Thanks a lot for taking the time and resucrrecting the manifesto.
Also, I really like the new patch notes. I hope commenters will appreciate the info
and keep the discussions civil and constructive as to not make you rethink this decision.
gl
"The templar is the perfect choice of an honorable man, a true gentleman.
He is a man of god. His words are true and pure.
Finally, he wears no pants because he has no shame to hide."
Aerthas, 2014
I think they learned a great deal this season that they need to catter to the mass than to a few select hardcore while trying to keep the challenge high enough for those ;)
Really nice :=)
No pvp balance? Good Chris, lead the way )))Any news for 90+lvl ppz, new gem? One more dead gem in game? no?
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
New Skills:
An unannounced melee skill

tyvm
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Chris, first of all, thanks for all the info and disclosure, you guys at GGG always try to be straighforward with your player base and this is fantastic.

But, after reading the manifesto I couldn´t find anything about the constant disconnects while loading new areas. The closest I got to this piece of info was:
"Desync is not affected by stress on our servers (as explained in the above article). Buying more servers doesn't solve the problem. We have enough servers currently. When they're overloaded, they fail to spawn new areas, rather than affecting combat prediction."

Since I'm playing from Brazil (and I´m guessing this puts my in one of the "obscure" countries you cited), maybe this is the reason I get dropped 5 to 7 times in each 10 tries. I basically gave up PoE due to the frustrating nature of being disconnected constantly while changing areas. I <3 PoE, i really do, but D3 simply offers me a more stable experience, even if the game in itself is less interesting.

So, I ask PoE's team: can we have something about this specific problem on the manifesto? I never saw anything addressing this problem specifically and this is a big enough issue to make me stop playing.
Thanks Chris.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Very nice Chris!

I am glad to see the return of this, as there is so much "hate-speech" on the forums these days. Hopefully your openness will also mediate all of the one-sided negative feedback from certain individuals.
I absolutely love the appearance and presentation of the Development Manifesto. It's always exciting to see whats coming, and whats been added.

With that being said, looking forward to some of these changes as they roll out, as they tackle many if not all of the problems I currently have with the game. Finally I might remake that Invasion character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info