The Plot.

Please. Everyone knows that Path of Exile is simply a simulation of daily life in New Zealand back in the 1990s.
"
brgillespie wrote:
Please. Everyone knows that Path of Exile is simply a simulation of daily life in New Zealand back in the 1990s.

My only reference for 90s era NZ is from Once Were Warriors. Such a sad, uplifting, and amazing movie.
"
Ikagawa wrote:
"
brgillespie wrote:

My only reference for 90s era NZ is from Once Were Warriors. Such a sad, uplifting, and amazing movie.

Agreed Ikagawa - a great film.

If PoE was a simulation of daily life in NZ in the 90s through the lens of Once Were Warriors the Ranger and Witch would be cooking a lot of eggs for the Marauder.
"
Damien_GGG wrote:
"
Ikagawa wrote:
"
brgillespie wrote:

Agreed Ikagawa - a great film.

If PoE was a simulation of daily life in NZ in the 90s through the lens of Once Were Warriors the Ranger and Witch would be cooking a lot of eggs for the Marauder.

I found the Marauder and Templar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXKxAg6g_j0
I've just recently finished Act 3 for my first time and I really enjoyed the story for what it is so far. I completely agree that Piety's intro and character development could be more detailed though, but it's incredibly refreshing to hear that there may still be plans for that in the upcoming future.
I find the Npc Grigor to be really impressive, his design and his destiny. very cool somehow. i also listened to every single text and word on my first playthrough. I also like the voice acting. I think its well done, but something buggs me. For me, as an european, i simply cant tell if the dialect is intentional (that would be very awesome, since its very good for the atmosphere) or is it just plain newzealand english, heh? (oh god, if its normal dialect ^.^* )
"
Zarkin wrote:
I find the Npc Grigor to be really impressive, his design and his destiny. very cool somehow. i also listened to every single text and word on my first playthrough. I also like the voice acting. I think its well done, but something buggs me. For me, as an european, i simply cant tell if the dialect is intentional (that would be very awesome, since its very good for the atmosphere) or is it just plain newzealand english, heh? (oh god, if its normal dialect ^.^* )

There's some variation in the accents, but none of the characters I have encountered have a strong New Zealand accent. (You can just about tell some of the actors are Kiwi but they are usually putting on another accent, such as some kind of English accent.) Actually most of the Oriathans sound English or not far off.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 31, 2013, 11:12:52 PM
I personally really loved the lore that had to do with Kaom the legendary warrior. I'm a big medieval/nordic history fan as well as Tolkien fan.

I really have a question tho, is Voll the founder of Oriath empire?

From what I could make out, Kaom made a deal with Voll to join forces and he would take Wraeclast, while Voll took Oriath. Kaom's story, judging from some unique texts, sounds along the lines of an epic. I'd really like to learn more about his fate, and perhaps fight his ghost? (fingers crossed)
DontNerfMyStaff - Melee Templar
DontNerfMyWand - Cheesy Wander
The Vaal are an ancient race who play into the backstory of Sarn - more detail will be forthcoming in future Act 3 content and Act 4.

act 4 NICE...... :)
Something that would be helpful and that doesn't appear to be available would be something that allows you to re-read/listen to all the quest text. In doing some public games, I've ended up going through quests pretty quick and not really knowing what was going on, and later on I wasn't able to look at what I rushed over.

It's forcing me to play singleplayer to get the most out of the story, but I'd really rather be playing with others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info