What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

"
Some players frequently call things things "desync" that aren't related to action sync. For example, if there's a lag-spike on the general internet, or if the client has to load an art asset in a hurry (which causes a frame-rate stall), then this is often described as "desync" by some players. Those other problems are issues that require separate solutions. It's relatively frustrating to see someone say "the desync is really bad today" when they mean "Some ISP between me and the server is lagging badly today".

If we're going to keep strongboxes,(which I love) is there not some way to make the art assets for the mobs load before they are able to attack you? Even half a second of them being invulnerable and not aggroed would help I think.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
I think not adding invasion bosses was mistake.

You should have buffed boss rewards substantially and make them appear on very high difficulties only and also be VERY rare.

Also when invasion bosses spawn in an area you could just give player feedback that the invasion area is going on so he knows that invasion boss has spawned inside.
"
ama wrote:
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
My last cartobox was like 10 days ago, currently level 89 playing +74 level maps. I don't think nerfing them even more is a good solution. But well, who I am to say it. All is the same, people making x3 6L in less than a week when I have to spend 400 fuses to 5L, people chancing their awesome uniques (and that "people" doesn't include me), people getting high tier uniques, etc etc.

For your comfort, i did not get ANYTHING GOOD in 2,5 years of playing PoE! And had multiple 85+ in Nemesis and Invasion! Never chanced anything from only god know how many tries, never had drop that is worth more than 4 exalt, run out of maps on daily base despite they where chiseled and good quantity rolled, never 6L anything by myself, forced to play high lvl maps in bad gear (you know, ANYONE can stomp 77/78/Atziri maps no mather of role in Aegis/Soul taker/BoR and feels good). That is only what i want. To feel good! But i'am not feeling good.

I'm waiting to a "Reward feeling (or lack of it) manifesto" to give a long feedback about it ;).

I think, as others, that making cartoboxes rarer isn't a good solution. Cap that mod to +2 level, because its the only problematic one. As for the rest of those boxes, I'm ok if you slightly reduce their spawn rate, but I'm afraid that the nerf will be too hight as with anarchy shrines. Yesterday played 1 map with 3 shrines, was like "wtf is that? long time no see any of those!". Then, one of them were a hexing shrine and I wasn't able to look at it because I had like 50 mobs blocking the passage. I attacked when I had punishment without noticing it, thanks russian roulette (best description of hexfront), instantly dead.

Nevermind, please, don't nerf strongboxes too much, is one of the most enjoyable things you added to the game, despite the lag that sometimes cause opening one.
♠RaGoN♦
"
Jihoko wrote:
I play on Invasion, we don't have any Cartographer's boxes, and I can sustain 77-78 maps just fine.

You are not supposed to be able to sustain 77-78 maps without trading. So either you are buying 77-78 maps, you are being very lucky or you have a different definition about what "sustain" means.

Edit: Just saw that you did write that you indeed buy 77-78 maps.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Apr 21, 2014, 11:25:43 AM
Very disappointed about invasion monster not integrated in the core game, VERY disappointed.

Just because 90% of players can't deal with them because they can't play we've to give up a nice and challenging feature.

Majority wins, as usual, that's so sad
Last edited by Mahesys on Apr 21, 2014, 11:34:47 AM
I am generally playing with a mate, and before the strongboxes we couldnt sustain a decent amount of maps, especially of high level maps. I dont think it is a downside as some write that high level maps are common for I dont think its reasonable to lock proper mapping and ruin the endgame fun.I am joping cartos stay mainly as they are currently and thanks for reading, have a nice day.
"
Jihoko wrote:

There's no way that the current state of Cartographer's boxes are healthy long term. I play on Invasion, we don't have any Cartographer's boxes, and I can sustain 77-78 maps just fine. The issues with sustaining high-end maps are blown completely out of proportion. Sure, everyone will have streaks of bad luck but unless you're doing blue 77-78 maps or not chaosing good rolls, you'll have no problem sustaining high maps.

I mean, do you have any idea how much they've buffed the drop rates for maps since release? IMO, even without cartographer's boxes, it's a little *too* easy to sustain 77-78 maps. Maps are meant to be a currency sink. When maps are too plentiful, you get inflation which is bad for the game. In any case, there is *never* any need to farm lower maps if you don't wish to. People sell maps, and a big part of ARPG's is trading.

If you get a bad streak of RNG, instead of wasting your time doing lower maps, drop a few ex on some 77's and go to town. You cannot hit a brick wall mapping unless you build it yourself.

I agree with this completely. The economy in ambush is horrible, there is less botting than there was in other leagues but people get too many and too good of drops from boxes with too little currency investment. It's bad for the economy.
"
Jihoko wrote:

There's no way that the current state of Cartographer's boxes are healthy long term. I play on Invasion, we don't have any Cartographer's boxes, and I can sustain 77-78 maps just fine. The issues with sustaining high-end maps are blown completely out of proportion. Sure, everyone will have streaks of bad luck but unless you're doing blue 77-78 maps or not chaosing good rolls, you'll have no problem sustaining high maps.

I mean, do you have any idea how much they've buffed the drop rates for maps since release? IMO, even without cartographer's boxes, it's a little *too* easy to sustain 77-78 maps. Maps are meant to be a currency sink. When maps are too plentiful, you get inflation which is bad for the game. In any case, there is *never* any need to farm lower maps if you don't wish to. People sell maps, and a big part of ARPG's is trading.

If you get a bad streak of RNG, instead of wasting your time doing lower maps, drop a few ex on some 77's and go to town. You cannot hit a brick wall mapping unless you build it yourself.

You say you play invasion so you don't know how rare cartographers boxes are in maps. They don't happen often. They are a little more common in regular game which only drop 66 maps.

The underline part is laughable.

The rarity of the boxes are more so than the frequency people will be forced to either buy or run lower maps (with a chance to drop higher if they find a box).

Your experience is not my experience. They should leave the cartographer's boxes untouched.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:

Your experience is not my experience. They should leave the cartographer's boxes untouched.

Your experience is not mine either. Getting tons of +5 levels maps with little currency (and risk) investment is just totally silly and break the main map purpose: being a currency sink.

Everyone here have different experiences. For example in my experience invasion bosses are cool and adds challenge to the game, they should be kept in core game untouched. Yet they'll fuck them since 90% of players would not be able to deal with them and will start crying over and over on forums

Ye, life is sooo unfair

Last edited by Mahesys on Apr 21, 2014, 11:50:19 AM
I just want to put this out there for people that whine about cartographer's box nerfs. I run a 350% increased movespeed build. I can run through 100+ iiq corrupted maps killing only the biggest packs and the boss + opening strongboxes and I clear each map in less than a minute or two. Each map I do gives me a couple 6s items, multiple maps, and every 5-10 maps I get another cartographers box containing even more maps. I get like 50 maps per hour. I have 5 stash pages of maps, I vendor all my lower maps for higher maps and none are less than lvl 68.
Last edited by GreenGuy on Apr 21, 2014, 11:50:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info