Client Performance (Updated June 16)

while you're at preloading things, why do players disconnect at load screen so often?
"
Chris wrote:
Yes

Haha thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Any ETA or extra details or just hush hush for the moment? Would totally understand if it's something you wouldn't like to elaborate on just yet.

By the way I assume the first priority for Chinese translation would be Simplified instead of Traditional Chinese to target people in China and Singapore?
"
Qrotiec wrote:
while you're at preloading things, why do players disconnect at load screen so often?

Does that happen often? I can't remember it happening to me or my friend...

"
[...] to target people in China and Singapore?

Doesn't Singapore already have its own version of PoE?
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on May 16, 2014, 2:55:50 AM
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
[...] to target people in China and Singapore?

Doesn't Singapore already have its own version of PoE?

AFAIK Garena is currently publishing PoE in Singapore and Malaysia. Separate servers and patch cycles to GGG's PoE. Also AFAIK Garena's version is in English.

Singapore is a strange case cause they don't show a particular preference towards either Chinese or English. Good education system.

China has a very very strong preference towards Chinese. Taiwan and Hong Kong (where I live) also has a strong preference towards Chinese, but the reason why I raise the question is because China (and Singapore) uses Simplified Chinese instead of Traditional Chinese (more complicated, more strokes, historical, some regard as the "right" Chinese) in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Seemed important to the overall PoE rollout strategy so I felt obliged to ask.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 16, 2014, 3:08:14 AM
Can we fix the issue where too many duplicate sounds happening at once causes video lag?

I have a solid state drive, 4.3 Ghz quadcore, a 660 GTX Ti and 16 gigs of 1600 DDR3:

I've been in groups before, with 75 FPS - and 2 things make the game grind to a 2-4 FPS halt!

Those 2 things are:

-Soul Conduit Mobs
(The sound of many dead foes coming back to life as ghosts all happens at once. LAG CITY!)

-The Mother of the Hive (unique boss)

(The sound of so many of her young getting slammed with weapon impact sounds (two or 3 group members all doing spectral throw with GMP lags the game out. 75 FPS average went down to 2, and stayed there for the entire duration of the 3 minute fight!)

May 16 updates sound promising. Good work!
"Embrace the darkness"
TRAILS HYPE
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
TRAILS HYPE

Also, any update on the new animation skelly rigg engine type thingy thing I've heard about over on Art, Areas and Effect feedback forum?
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on May 16, 2014, 4:22:48 AM
Update May 16, 2014: This is mostly complete and Harry notes that it's around 10x faster at rendering text. It's almost certain that this will be included in the 1.2.0 expansion in July.

niiiccceee
bump
Last edited by TheKingInYelllow on Jul 4, 2014, 3:26:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info