Why continue playing?

"
johnKeys wrote:
The bragging is strong in this one.
Play a custom build with whatever RNG gives you. Much better.
Prove something to yourself.

There are many legitimate reasons why people get tired of the game, but "yeah my build is super OP and I have the best gearz this side of Wraeclast" isn't one.

Saying that you trivialize the content isnt bragging.

Believe it or not, there are a handful of players that find this game pretty damn easy. We would enjoy a bit of a challenge :)

You enjoy gimping yourself to prolong the fun, but its silly to pretend that min/maxers will find even a bit of a challenge here. Some people like building the strongest character possible and having content that is nearly impossible - something to strive for. That doesnt exist in PoE.

Unrelated to your post john,

I find it funny that part of the population thinks the game is a joke and balanced around the casuals, while part of the population thinks the game is impossible and balanced around the RMT crowd.

And GGG is just like "Wait wait wait, we were supposed to balance this thing? Better make a new MTX!"
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by jdilly23 on Apr 15, 2014, 3:06:38 PM
"
kaarelo wrote:
when you learn that there is a winning strategy(in any game), it becomes hard to not use it and the game gets trivialized

games are more fun when you are a noob

Thats so true!

"
kasub wrote:
Is this your first powerful build or something? Believe it or not there is builds that can clear much faster and many are even tankier.

Judging by your character levels you've barely even attempted difficult highend maps. There is a huge difference between doing a 70 map and a 78 map with difficult mods.

I did a 74 map in ambush with -maxres and vulnerability with a char MUCH weaker then my last one is. Not having a 90+ char does not mean i cant facemelt the higher Content, it does mean that i did not grind this still easy content for days/weeks. Becouse it isnt rewarding. And it isnt important. A lvl70 can do the same a lvl90 can do. This isnt like DAoC where a lvl40 cant beat a lvl50 becouse the game downscales Chance to hit etc... PoE is just too fokkin easy if you abuse broken mechanics. Best example: I can kill Kole with a EB+CI char with a 10dps weapon just becouse i know how to abuse Coldsnap...
Last edited by xdjamakx on Apr 15, 2014, 3:29:04 PM
There is many examples of builds that are extremely OP with the right circumstances.

The thing that really makes builds OP is when not only is everything easy, but you can also do all map mods. Your build is hugely weakened against many map mods and can't even do some safely at all.

I'll give this quick example. I used a burning firetrapper with all AoE nodes. I was able to permafreeze more than the whole screen with freezemine for anything difficult(map dominus? easy just freeze). One trap would be able to clear the entire screen with onehit including most rares. I had 5500 HP, 1800 free mana for MoM and used max arctic armor.

That was all nice but I hugely struggled in several map mods compared to my other characters. To list some: Bloodmagic, fire resist, half regen, no regen, curse immune. That is a lot of map mods, most builds have these weaknesses so the true OP ones are the ones that overcome them. In your example I can easily see reflect maps, half regen, no regen, BM all being a huge issue. Those are some of the most common and high quantity maps too.

Oh and to repeat there is indeed a big difference when you actually do higher maps. Vulnerability + minus max is not that difficult. There is much worse combos. When your build can overcome horrible mods such as enfeeble+half regen + physical reflect then it truly is powerful.

Edit: Oh and the ability to kill atziri is pretty important.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 15, 2014, 3:38:13 PM
We will talk when you have killed uber atziri or even normal atziri.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
kasub wrote:
In your example I can easily see reflect maps, half regen, no regen, BM all being a huge issue. Those are some of the most common and high quantity maps too.

You did not even read my Initial post...

=(

Reflect does not affect me... If double reflect i swap in FB instead of FP. Half regen is fine, i just swap in a lvl12 AA instead of lvl20 AA. MoM is free anyway since corrupted Mods can completely make MoM cost no Mana. In this case i just swap in 2 other items with this mod having 24% damage taken as mana in total.

No regen and BM? yeah, true. But since i can just counter it by using a Chaos Orb which i can earn in like 30sec of Speedruns, whats the deal?

My Problem is that there are builds possible who can do just TOO GOOD with only a little cost. Which makes my own motivation (which you can read in my initial post) equal to zero.

=/

"
reboticon wrote:

Why should i waste my time doing that? Gettin a item which isnt nessessary becouse the game is too easy anyway? Btw, "the game" is not a single Encounter, "the game" is killing as much Mobs as possible in a short time, as cool as possible, to find gear you can use for a fresh character - but its hard to make new chars when you recognize that some stuff an existent char of your can do, is just too OP...

HnS you know... not WoW.
Last edited by xdjamakx on Apr 15, 2014, 4:08:18 PM
"
reboticon wrote:

there is no incentive to beat uber atziri.. poe's endgame is pretty bad
Last edited by kingbrian321 on Apr 15, 2014, 4:25:12 PM
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
The bragging is strong in this one.
Play a custom build with whatever RNG gives you. Much better.
Prove something to yourself.

There are many legitimate reasons why people get tired of the game, but "yeah my build is super OP and I have the best gearz this side of Wraeclast" isn't one.

Saying that you trivialize the content isnt bragging.

Believe it or not, there are a handful of players that find this game pretty damn easy. We would enjoy a bit of a challenge :)

I keep hearing how easy it is, and then when I see those builds they have equipment I couldn't get my hands on after a year of playing, so there is definitely some major division between segments of the playing population.

I suppose there might be an super-duper clearing _cheap_ build out there relying on CoC, I guess the OP's is one of them and maybe that's my problem. Refuse to play one because it's so fucking absurd of a game mechanic.

And yes saying that you can trivialiaze the content _IS_ bragging.

That's exactly what it is.
^ its not bragging at all LOL
Most games are fun at first, and turn boring the "easier" it gets. Maybe its time for a new game and a new challenge. What does World of Warcraft do differently so the vast majority of their PAYING customers never reach that stage. They continue to gladly pay $15 a month plus expansions for years now.
"
kingbrian321 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

there is no incentive to beat uber atziri.. poe's endgame is pretty bad

There is the satisfaction of saying you have done it as well as BiS items you can not get anywhere else. I'm genuinely uncertain what kind of other incentive you want or find in other games.

"
xdjamakx wrote:

Why should i waste my time doing that? Gettin a item which isnt nessessary becouse the game is too easy anyway? Btw, "the game" is not a single Encounter, "the game" is killing as much Mobs as possible in a short time, as cool as possible, to find gear you can use for a fresh character - but its hard to make new chars when you recognize that some stuff an existent char of your can do, is just too OP...

HnS you know... not WoW.

Why should you do it? Because your whole thread is about how OP your character and build is but you have so far avoided any real challenge. John Keys was right. Feels like a brag thread. Until you have done all the content (sans Uber because they gated her behind layers of RNG), you really don't have any idea how easy or OP you are. Anyone can faceroll the rest. People get to much higher level in week races.

Or go play invasion. Or find a different game.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info