Why continue playing?

Hello!

Im playing PoE since open beta, and i always got my motivation from creating new toons. I melted lvl72+ maps with a double redbeak Viperstrike Char like cheesecake after 2 weeks of ambush, and had STILL motivation to top that Char...

Sadly, after 4 weeks of Ambush i feel like i cant continue to enjoy PoE...

Reason?

My latest Char...

Spoiler
CoC + MoM + AA

That absurd ammount of damage while being immune to reflect combined with the absurd ammount of defense which isnt really nessessary becouse of insta-gib-action made me finally get tired of the game...

Im really close to give my wealth + gear to the next random noob asking for help against cruel Piety...

Why should i continue playing now? Reach a few more Level or a 10ex upgrade to melt a boss in 1,2 instead of 1,25 seconds?

I just cant get any Motivation anymore...

=(

/edit
"
xdjamakx wrote:

Okay. I give up. Too many cognitive disadvanted people around who cant even READ a few lines before posting.

I miss old Internet times when the pure access to Internet itself required a moderate ammount of intellect...

=/

Thread can be closed...
Last edited by xdjamakx on Apr 15, 2014, 5:53:36 PM
do some of the new ladder challenges? once I get bored I plan on doing those
anything is everything
The bragging is strong in this one.
Play a custom build with whatever RNG gives you. Much better.
Prove something to yourself.

There are many legitimate reasons why people get tired of the game, but "yeah my build is super OP and I have the best gearz this side of Wraeclast" isn't one.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Bye
Boink
Can I get some help against cruel piety :) Someone had to do it!
"
do some of the new ladder challenges? once I get bored I plan on doing those

Never was the kind of Player doin immense Investment of time for archievements. But its a suggestion. Thank you for taking my "Problem" serious, sir!

"
johnKeys wrote:
The bragging is strong in this one.
Play a custom build with whatever RNG gives you. Much better.
Prove something to yourself.

There are many legitimate reasons why people get tired of the game, but "yeah my build is super OP and I have the best gearz this side of Wraeclast" isn't one.

Im not here to bragg, im here for the reason i told. You probably dont understand me. But that does not mean my Problem dont exist.

My Gear is far away from being the best in Wraeclast for sure. But it is enough combined with OP mechanics to just make it senseless to make any further Char Progress...

Spoiler

"
Can I get some help against cruel piety :) Someone had to do it!

You dont look like a noob. But i really giggled about your comment sir... =)
Last edited by xdjamakx on Apr 15, 2014, 2:47:08 PM
when you learn that there is a winning strategy(in any game), it becomes hard to not use it and the game gets trivialized

games are more fun when you are a noob

Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Take a break from the game, play something else for a while - then come back later and see if you're motivated to play again.
Pelerin of Wraeclast
"
kaarelo wrote:
when you learn that there is a winning strategy(in any game), it becomes hard to not use it and the game gets trivialized

games are more fun when you are a noob

What about games like Stratego or chess? Some people spend their entire lives playing them and they never get old. PoE was great even after the noob phase wore off back in closed beta and even during open beta. Things have changed.
Is this your first powerful build or something? Believe it or not there is builds that can clear much faster and many are even tankier.

Judging by your character levels you've barely even attempted difficult highend maps. There is a huge difference between doing a 70 map and a 78 map with difficult mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info