The "Cannot be stunned" -mentality, is it even necessary?

if you play without unwavering stance and have such a flask
you are probably fine

Courtyard bosses with vulnerability can be a problem when you get stunned from the cyclone guy.
Hardest content cannot be done safely if you can be stunned, because that small window can mean death, we are all aware of the damage spikes.
I used to play games like Dota a lot, where a "Stun" will kill you, because you can't do shit for 3-4 seconds.
There's even other ARPGs that have brutal stuns, like in Titan Quest some bosses will stun you for 3-4 seconds and you cannot evade their oneshot attack then.

In PoE, stuns seem to be rather harmless.
The most I have seen it do to me is interrupt an attack animation.
Oh my god! How frightening! I have to start another attack animation now? ;)

Before 1.1, I already felt like investing in IR+US (even if it was just 3-4 skillpoints) was a bit of a waste, as converting the Evasion to armor in the end doesn't do much more than having armor AND dex-buffed evasion, and real stuns were nowhere to be found.

With 1.1 and US being moved to an unattractive position, I will most likely never touch the IR+US combo again.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
My current marauder is a stunner, so I guess that helps too. Most of the time the mobs do nothing but get permastunned.
"
Minorith wrote:
My current marauder is a stunner, so I guess that helps too. Most of the time the mobs do nothing but get permastunned.

But unless you are talking PvP, who cares?

Doesn't change the fact that Monsters don't "stunlock" you in PoE (unless you jump into 30 Rhoas), or don't do singlestuns that last a significant time.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Minorith wrote:

But unless you are talking PvP, who cares?

Doesn't change the fact that Monsters don't "stunlock" you in PoE (unless you jump into 30 Rhoas), or don't do singlestuns that last a significant time.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I merely mentioned that my character is probably even less vulnerable to stuns because it CC's everything around it almost all the time. It's quite clear that a CC'd pack of mobs stuns less than a freeroaming one.
Thought you were trying to say that "stun is an issue because you stun monsters" and that would somehow make US more valuable... ;)
Im not sure if I ever get stunned, between the framerates all over the place and desync......yea I'm not sure. Too bad, its a wonderful game otherwise. Then again, for the price we cant complain.
So I did a test. Regret my Unwavering Pants node and run into 7x level maps, expected to be devoured by stun, and nothing happen. My biggest stun hit was from Colonade lvl 71 boss, and it not longer than 1 sec. Now I have 4 extra passive node just by removing UP, couldnt be happier.
Last edited by camapngu133 on Apr 13, 2014, 4:35:22 PM
Don't get a wrong picture, if you read all these comments about "its not necessary".

Its an utility for same life-based builds, which have a lower pool then 6k HP.

Its neccessary for _all_ CI builds (can exclude a well-desgined cast on stun build)

again: neccessary for _all_ CI builds
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info