The "Cannot be stunned" -mentality, is it even necessary?

"
CookieVortex wrote:

When did it happen? Which patch. Looks like I missed sth.

"
We've added some experimental code that triggers a local position resync if you are stunned while desynced by more than around 2 metres. The goal of this change is to catch the situations where you are pinned by monsters on the server without being able to see them on the client. This is a low-impact change that should prevent some avoidable character deaths.

0.11.0 Patch Notes
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

And relying very heavily on leech is the generic cookie-cutter thing to do.

I see that term "cookie-cutter" almost every day on this forum, yet things that are addressed by it aren't even similar, so I'd like to ask you what's the definition of that term.

And the reason why I'm writing this post is... if one doesn't rely heavily on leech, he cannot do the hardest content (Aegis shield is excluded, of course).
"
camapngu133 wrote:
I wish flasks will have "Remove stun" mod, but right now i have to stuck with Unwavering Pants, it a must have passive for me
Are you talking about something like this

I don't know if it removes stun but I guess it helps you recover from it quicker
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Last edited by fazlez1 on Apr 12, 2014, 1:23:14 PM
"
fazlez1 wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:
I wish flasks will have "Remove stun" mod, but right now i have to stuck with Unwavering Pants, it a must have passive for me
Are you talking about something like this

I don't know if it removes stun but I guess it helps you recover from it quicker

well unmodified 350ms stun still lasts 222ms with that flask, dont even think I have that fast reaction to put the flask on
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
scrotie nailed it- avoiding stun is mainly for leech-heavy or CI builds

stun and freeze are a BITCH when it comes to leech-heavy toons, especially ones that utilize VP/instant leech, or CI-based toons in general
Last edited by grepman on Apr 12, 2014, 4:43:59 PM
2300ES
CI
70+ Block
Vaal Pact
4 Cast when Stunned groups that include lvl 20 damage spell and life leech.

Nope..definitely don't need stun immunity.

Now I'm sure someone will turn this into justification to nerf trigger gems but I think the real problem is that people still think something like stun immunity from passive points or uniques either is, or should be required.

Adapt.
"
Minorith wrote:
I feel I'd take Evasion over Unwavering+Iron Reflexes any day now on a tank, and put those points elsewhere in good use.

Seems to me the points a player is gonna save by going elsewhere is going to be taken up by needing points in accuracy.

What's your to hit %?
"
Baskerville wrote:
"
Minorith wrote:
I feel I'd take Evasion over Unwavering+Iron Reflexes any day now on a tank, and put those points elsewhere in good use.

Seems to me the points a player is gonna save by going elsewhere is going to be taken up by needing points in accuracy.

What's your to hit %?
what does accuracy have to do with this disussion ?
...unless you're talking about reflect
Here's my build atm (Scion Reaver)

Passive skill tree build

From my experience, you can survive fine without Unwavering just fine. It's just too damn far and out of the way right now, for melee builds. Spend the points to get Unwavering into getting more Life. Maybe in the early levels when you're undergeared, but once you get life on gear, everything becomes easier and you can spec out of it.
my tree if anyone is interested

skill tree
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Apr 12, 2014, 11:39:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info