Help with 1hsword/shield build pls tweak advices wellcomed:)

(sorry for the huge post, but after all my editing it became bigger than i thought...)

"
hugorx wrote:
Btw whats the best way to gain endurance charges? the Warlords Mark doesnt look effective for me since the mana and hp leech is from physical damage and i use lightning strike?

Thx

Enduring cry - at first it won't give many, but after you level it a bit you'll easily get 4 or 5 from it (if your maximum allows that ;)).

EDIT:
"
shakeysboy wrote:
what skill gems does this build needs?

As hugorx said obviously you want Lighning strike connected to weapon ele damage, other obviously usefully supports are lighning penetration, added lighning damage, etc.
During the closed beta i had a LS templar where i had LS connected to: weapon ele damage, added lighning damage, faster attacks and point blank (this one can givve a huge bonus for the 3 projectiles, but in this case you can't really kite with LS since they loose damage fast on range (if you use point blank), in melee range though their damge was awesome); if i would have found a 6 linked i would have added lighning penetration...

You certainly want Enduring cry for endurance charges, and at least one curse (Conductivity would be the offensive choise, Enfeeble or temporal chains woould be a more defensive choise - i had both conductivity and enfeeble ready on my templar and if i thought that survivability is not a problem i used conductivity to max my DPS, otherwise i rather used enfeeble to be safer). I also used Molten shell a lot (more for the defense bonus than the damage but i have to say that it gave a nice damage boost once it exploded)
I also had shield charge - but i used it only as an escape ability (if i needed to get out of a crowd of enemies or away ASAP)

About auras: i used wrath and clarity (the mana regen boost is huge, but i leveled it only to lvl 4 or 5, because it is one of the most expensive auras, so i kept it at a lvl where i gave me enough regen) and tempest shield (ok it is not technically an aura, but it still reserves some mana), the block chance is nice and since you hit every enemy you block with lighning damage it fits nicely in the build (all auras were connected to reduced mana support gems)

EDIT2: and i almost forgot: later i experimentally used an Arc totem (arc+totem support), which did a quite nice job at spreading shocked status as well (of course after arc reached a high enough lvl). I would definatly advise you to use a totem as well - if nothing else the regeneration totem or the decoy totem can safe your life ;)

And also zombies can be usefull as a meat shield - they won't survive long and won't do much damage(becasue you won't spec into minions at all), BUT they'll eat some hits which don't hit you ;)

EDIT3: (jesus, i really like to edit my posts :D)
"
hugorx wrote:
Also did some experimental final build.. but as you said i will know at level 70more about where to go :-)

But this Hex Master looks really nice :) test

As i said don't think to much about all points because you can't reach it (during the closed beta the highest lvl was somewhere above 80, now it'll rise a bit, but still around lvl 90 will probably only be achieved by the first few guys on the ladder, so you should think that you'll maybe reach 80... ;))
But lets say you manage to get to 80 - you would have to decide: do you want to get more lighning damage or rather pick up Hex master and Whisperer of doom (IMHO hex master isn't really that good, you'll kill enemies either way before the curse expire... but Whisperer is huge)

My personal preference (mind it is is just my opinion :)) would be the curse passives - having 2 cuses can be huge, you can have one offensive and one defensive (getting more DPS while at the same time beeing far safer) or you could max your DPS (e.g. conductivity + elemental weakness (enemies can get below 0% resists, so this is usefull agaisnt monsters without resits as well)) or if oyu have real trouble surviveing you could go for example for Enfeeble + Temporal chains
So having two curses give you a lot of options which can help you in nearly any situation (why i didn't pick it up earlier if it is so good? Because curses alone won't do that much, but when you already have a solid build they become really important)

EDIT4: (yes another one :P) This is not related to the above quotes, but it is another thing i just remembered which might be worth noting: think twice about the bandit rewards! (the quest in the 2nd act - it can have 4 different rewards: either you kill all 3 bandits (you get a skill point) or you help one of them (different reward for each bandit and also different on all difficulties)).
-On normal you can get: 1 skill point (kill all), 40 life (help oak), 40 mana (help alira), 8% to all ele resits (help kraityn (sorry not sure about the spelling :P))
-in cruel: 1 skill point, +12% cast speed (alira), +12% physical damage (oak), +4% attack speed (kraityn)
-merciless: 1 skill point, +1 max endurance charges (oak), +1 max frenzy charges (kraityn), +1 max power charges (alira)

A lot of new players go for the skill point wihtout even relly consideing the bandits... Especially on merciless i would always suggest helping Oak for the endurance charge with a close combat character. While in normal and cruel anything can be usefull for a melee templar (except the cast speed of course (and the mana probably isn't that important eiher...))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Feb 2, 2013, 6:10:18 AM
Thanks alot for your contribution!! i play nearly the same build :)

LS, heavy strike, shield charge for escape, wrath+clarity , temporal chains and now enduring cry.. also got healing totem but i wanna try summon skeleton totem or so :)

Also about the bandits i picked 12% resist, 4%atk speed and last i get endurance charger.

About the two curses i got now dilema.. if i get enought room for them on buttons.. but atm i got Hex master i love it, since im too lazy recast temporal chains with last 5sec :D

Also i had to revied the build abit to get one more dex note since i want to play the rarely sword rapier templar with seems no one play :D i need 120dex from nodes and 70from equip cause the bigest one need 212dex..:)

heres my lvl 70 build atm, what do you think sir?:)

i had to remove one fitness,chaos resist,deadly precision and one shield block until higher lvl .i did only to get easy 212dex

Now im lvl 50 heading down to marauder tree for the(versatility) dexterity.. need 11pts so at 61 all be able equip the bigest sword in game.

So what do you think guys about the dexterity issue will i be ok ? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info