Help with 1hsword/shield build pls tweak advices wellcomed:)

Hi, as many of us here im planing my templar to dont screw up character.

I want to play 1h sword with shield and lightning strike.

Here is my build: Lightsword1.2

I take advices mostly on what i "don't really need" since i lack points (0left :))
or some critical nodes that i missed.

Thanks in Advance

First: don't plan for all points... You should plan for up to 80 points... And you would need more life, this build seems to offensive.

EDIT: this could work: link
-more resists
-more endurance charges (they are huge for survivability in the later game)
-more str (=more base life)
-more life %

EDIT2: maybe if you want a bit more lighning damage this should also work: link 2
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jan 31, 2013, 10:31:02 AM
"
Sony_Black wrote:
First: don't plan for all points... You should plan for up to 80 points... And you would need more life, this build seems to offensive.

-more resists
-more life %

EDIT2: maybe if you want a bit more lighning damage this should also work: link 2

Thanks alot! im happy some skilled player responded :)

I'm only level 43 don't even got any skill to gain endurance charges so i was ignoring them. but it looks like defense > offense in PoE ? since you stripped almost all my dps skills :-)

The build looks very nice i didnt realise to plan only to lvl 70 :-) so later i can go up to witch tree to max lightning damage?

Also only question im worry about are the first 4 skills from str start, they add 34% physical damage, isnt it waste to skip them?

Thanks elot for you effort man :-)
"
hugorx wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:

-more resists
-more life %

I'm only level 43 don't even got any skill to gain endurance charges so i was ignoring them. but it looks like defense > offense in PoE ? since you stripped almost all my dps skills :-)

The build looks very nice i didnt realise to plan only to lvl 70 :-) so later i can go up to witch tree to max lightning damage?

Also only question im worry about are the first 4 skills from str start, they add 34% physical damage, isnt it waste to skip them?

Well yes IMHO defense > offence, since you can loose hours of grinding if you die during the late game in merciless (because you loose xp on death in the higher difficulties) and it is even more true if you play hardcore (i play only in the HC league, so i usually plan quite defensive)

Yeah later going for more DPS (if your survivability is OK) seems like a good idea.

About those 4 skills: i had to drop something to get down to 80 points ;) I guess the first 2 might be worth it (the 12 and 10%), while the 6% are not taht important (generally lighning damage or physical is more interesting for you than melee damage... why? Because the projectiles of lighning strike do NOT get melee boni, since they are projectiles not melee hits (the damage on the enemy you hit directly with the weapon (not with one of the projectiles) is affected by melee damage, but the 3 projectiles are not), mind though that for example those sword specific nodes and e.g. Swashbuckler give physical damage (not melee physical) so they do affect the projectiles)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Sony_Black wrote:
"
hugorx wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:

-more resists
-more life %

Well yes IMHO defense > offence, since you can loose hours of grinding if you die during the late game in merciless (because you loose xp on death in the higher difficulties) and it is even more true if you play hardcore (i play only in the HC league, so i usually plan quite defensive)

Yeah later going for more DPS (if your survivability is OK) seems like a good idea.

About those 4 skills: i had to drop something to get down to 80 points ;) I guess the first 2 might be worth it (the 12 and 10%), while the 6% are not taht important (generally lighning damage or physical is more interesting for you than melee damage... why? Because the projectiles of lighning strike do NOT get melee boni, since they are projectiles not melee hits (the damage on the enemy you hit directly with the weapon (not with one of the projectiles) is affected by melee damage, but the 3 projectiles are not), mind though that for example those sword specific nodes and e.g. Swashbuckler give physical damage (not melee physical) so they do affect the projectiles)

Ahh that explains alot! im glad i meet you here on formus, i didn't noticed any diff beetwen the meeele and physical nodes, thanks alot man :-]]

Ill just go the def way and decide at lvl 70 where to go next, cheers :-)
Also did some experimental final build.. but as you said i will know at level 70more about where to go :-)

But this Hex Master looks really nice :) test
Btw whats the best way to gain endurance charges? the Warlords Mark doesnt look effective for me since the mana and hp leech is from physical damage and i use lightning strike?

Thx
what skill gems does this build needs?

"
shakeysboy wrote:
what skill gems does this build needs?

well lightning strike with +weapon elemental damage is the main atack

all other is up to you, atm i use wrath aura and one curse
oh ok tnx :D ima try it now. just created a new char :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info