Glacial Cascade Perma-freeze build (still in progress)

Concept: Using Glacial Cascade's multiple hits to perma-freeze everything in front of you.

Basic CI/ES build, keeping with some life until I can make the switch to CI.

Proposed passive tree:
Spoiler
http://tinyurl.com/ly8f4pz

Current skill tree level 53:
Spoiler
http://tinyurl.com/mnunlhk

Current Gear lvl 53:
Spoiler

Skill links:
Spoiler
Glacial Cascade, Increased Crit Chance, Increased Cold damage, Conc Effect, 5th and 6th links +lightning damage (for stack chance)/power charge on crit/other

Aura: clarity, discipline, hatred

Arctic Armor

Thoughts?

Improvements?

Suggested gear?

Suggested passive tree?

Question, does GC have a knockback effect?
Last edited by grimjacked on Apr 8, 2014, 11:16:51 AM
I didnt play around with cascade myself yet ...
But I`d guess it would work super well with either LMP or GMP . More likely with LMP though as you want to freeze so you wouldnt want to cut the damage too hard.

Just my thoughts this far
It's not a projectile, LMP GMP won't work, tried that already. :)

As cool as that would be, it would get OP really really quick.
Well there goes my plan for a Cascade build.
What a shame..
I've used it a bit and have a Templar at 53 that I was preparing for this skill. It works a lot like ground slam with more range. I want to get to a point of either perma-freeze/chill/stun. It works well so far but needs something a little more.

(I will add my current skill tree.)
maybe do a concentrated AOE set up in marohi or a increased aoe build/gem set up in rimegaze?
"
spartansainy wrote:
maybe do a concentrated AOE set up in marohi or a increased aoe build/gem set up in rimegaze?

If Marohi '% increased Physical Damage' applies directly to the phys damage of GC then it would be perfect!

Rime Gaze would be cool, but only 4 link as opposed to Marohi being able to handle 5-6 link.

Rime with additional Conc gem would be awesome.

Both are good choices, thanks for the suggestion.
3 auruas, AA and self casting GC with CI? Not possible. you would need EB for that
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:
3 auruas, AA and self casting GC with CI? Not possible. you would need EB for that

What would you suggest for aura and defense? I am willing to try anything with this build.
GC is a cold SPELL so any weapon dps wont do anything for it. I guess its much like EK in the way the phys part works.

Id try the standard aoe build. Grab a Carcass Jack get Templar area stuff and witch, use conc effect to get max dps.

I guess u must really go for crit/crit dmg and stack armor ?(maybe phys reflect becomes a problem but i dont think so).

For auras id get the standard caster auras if you are life based. determination/grace/haste. Maybe you need clarity and EB if u dont use the blood magic support.

To me it seems like a freezing pulse thing but with area stuff and without lmp/gmp but i never used it just read about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info