[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

With resist on this gear alone, im able to achieve up to 190~240 element resist
or 140% mostly w/out ring equipped

guess its time to aim for andavarius ring then
btw, im still at 66..
I might be wrong, but just a brief tiny suggestion for optimization.

In the Templar area you travel to Faith and steel and then through the 8%armor+6%energy shield nodes to life regeneration area near templar starter.

Would it not be possible to skip 2 8%armor nodes, replace with 1 strength node freing up 1 node. Of course you would loose 16% armor, you could take the node near marauder start (16% armor node) just to get closer to Armor mastery. If you replace the two nodes with 1 armor node you end up with exact same stats but + 10 strength. Of course you loose 12% energy shield but I dont see that as vital for your build.

Also you are put next to another notable if it is desireable, or you could sacrifice 16% armor for anything else you want instead.

Something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzBg4J9hDMFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgaPhpsIPAkqicvKhMrtiynNZI26TrYPC09_D8nQYdE50rESshM_03YT31QR1RJVcZYY1jlWfNaK1wMXl1fP2P9Zp5qHmo7bqpwfXKpcrt4aXsgfLuAVojxjEaMdozPj0aQVZ2uns2hbaIAo_KkrKcIpzCnhKeUqBisqq9stfK3PriTuc28n8AawxPFisauxtjPZdDQ0f3SIdQV2t3fv-Nq45_qGOw47w7wH_Iv8932SPau9zL4k_jr-ej60v4K_oc=

Another variant if you want to free up 4 nodes at the expense of loosing Faith and Steal:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzBg4J9hDMFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgabCDwJKonLyftKhMrtiynNZI26TwtPfw_J0GHROdKxErITP9PfVBHVElVxlhjWOVZ81orXAxeXV8_Y_1mnmoeajtuqnB9cqlyu3hpeyCAVojxjEaMz49GkFWdrp7NoW2iAKPypKynCKcwp4SnlKgYrKqvbLXytz64k7nNvJ_AGsMTxPbFisauxtjPZdDQ0f3SIdQV2t3fv-Nq45_qGO8O8B_yL_Pd9kj2rvcy-JP46_no-tL-Cv6H

What do you think?

Cheers!
Avantor
How is the survival-ability with this build?? I'm trying this out because my main characters needs some upgrade yet I didn't had any mf character.

I see no IR, no auras (due to blood magic i guess), no lightning coil + purity of lightning combo, no AA, no nothing for the defense. Is it with only pure armor stacking with the chest + shield / endurance charges for the physical, + 79% of max resistances from the build for the elemental damages?

//

no offense, you have reached 90 in invasion league which is just amazing since early invasion was "Evasion" league and I respect that. But I'm just curious.

However when I first tried searing bond templar, that build had IR + MoM + EB + AA + Grace setup, which makes it almost immune to physical damage. (which made me to even face-tank poorjoy boss taking like 50 damage/sec)

With the build, I'm fine at lvl 46 atm. But I'm kinda worried what would happen if I go to merc or 68~69 maps with MF setting.

Last edited by greensunggwa on Apr 15, 2014, 3:51:14 PM
"
greensunggwa wrote:

no offense, you have reached 90 in invasion league which is just amazing since early invasion was "Evasion" league and I respect that. But I'm just curious.

However when I first tried searing bond templar, that build had IR + MoM + EB + AA + Grace setup, which makes it almost immune to physical damage. (which made me to even face-tank poorjoy boss taking like 50 damage/sec)

With the build, I'm fine at lvl 46 atm. But I'm kinda worried what would happen if I go to merc or 68~69 maps with MF setting.

Almost 91, if you are playing it good you should not get hit very often, if you do get hit you would have atleast have 4500hp or more (i lost more hp when wearing 2andvarius and helm with less hp)

Matter of fact, ive killed Shrine Piety yday with vulnerability, she hitted me an few times while my totems tried to get aggro and she kinda hurt but still it was manageable, ive also done an acedamy with double boss today and that was even possible with the right movement and totem placing.

And yes this is with double andvarius and such.

Ive also ran palace/shrine with unhost/lepulp (nr 1/2 invasion) and they just pull everything, vaal cyclone and ill put my culling totems next to it.
With their aura's and such i had 17k armor, 83 to fire and such, tho i still feel more vulnerable in groups tho since i dont know whats beeing pulled and unlike these 2 i dont have 10k hp with aegis and such ;)
ok, I guess I was thinking wrong; the play style of searing bond and flame totem is totally different.

As you have mentioned in the original post, the flame totems do get aggroed really well. Searing bond totem doesn't aggro really well, and that's why I decided to go really tanky.

Gotta learn to play smart from now on..

Anyways, I'll try to power level :)

Thanks again for the great build. This build is one of the fastest + cheapest, yet with good output (Mf + high lvl map solo) Mf build I've seen and tried.
You use flamibility and temporal chains, but how can you use two curses if you don't' have the item for it?
"
You use flamibility and temporal chains, but how can you use two curses if you don't' have the item for it?

Enemies with missile attacks cut through totems rather quickly. Temporal Chains helps alleviate that a bit.
Just wanted to say thank you for the great guide.

I'm on ambush and currently coming up for lvl 60. Was thinking of doing something along these lines instead:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAA8YEswYOCfYUIBRNFHEYkRmFGjgabB8CJKonLyoTKo0spzbFNtg26TrYPC09_ErETP9QR1XGWGNY5VnzXl1fP2P9Zp5qHnKpcrt4aXy7h2WMz49GkFWXhZwtna6ezaFtogCj8qSspwinMKeEp5SoGKyqr2y4k7nNvJ_AGsMTxYrG2M9l0NDR_dIh2CTa3d-_42rjn-oY7DjsVe8O8B_yL_ZI9q73Mvjr-tI=

What do you think?
Last edited by dashboardan on Apr 16, 2014, 10:35:36 AM
"
dashboardan wrote:

I'm on ambush and currently coming up for lvl 60. Was thinking of doing something along these lines instead:

What do you think?

i think its still better to get the totem nodes, if you want some extra dmg int you can take elementalist and the 3fire nodes at templar

"

i use them both depending on mobs/invaders
Last edited by expjah on Apr 16, 2014, 7:52:43 PM
"
dashboardan wrote:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAA8YEswYOCfYUIBRNFHEYkRmFGjgabB8CJKonLyoTKo0spzbFNtg26TrYPC09_ErETP9QR1XGWGNY5VnzXl1fP2P9Zp5qHnKpcrt4aXy7h2WMz49GkFWXhZwtna6ezaFtogCj8qSspwinMKeEp5SoGKyqr2y4k7nNvJ_AGsMTxYrG2M9l0NDR_dIh2CTa3d-_42rjn-oY7DjsVe8O8B_yL_ZI9q73Mvjr-tI=

What do you think?

You shouldnt skip the totem defensive nodes(life, resists, dmg reduction) unless you want your totems to die after 1-2 hits. You should definately grab the totem mastery circle.

I also play in ambush(lvl 76 currently) and had similiar approach at first to go more offensive. I didnt take any armor nodes and went for damage nodes over witch area(Immolation, FIre Walker, Elemental DOminium). It was fine up to merciless docks but from there I started to feel really squishy, especially when I tried to do fast Piety/Dominus runs.
In this build armor is the only defensive against physical damage(beside some block from shield). Its not a problem while leveling as you can kite easly and totems agrro like a boss. But in the last zones and in maps some mobs will be able to take even half of your life with one hit.
Thats why I respecced Elemental domination and Fire Walker nodes and went for armor nodes in Maruder area.

I actually have Static blows cluster and use Three Dragons helmet. The damage boost is quite significant. My flame totem is shocking every white/blue and half of unique mobs. It doesnt work on bosses like Piety or Dominus tho, but generally the clear speed increase is very noticable. I may respecc from static blows later if I wont be able to shock mobs anymore in higher level maps, or if i find some great helmet with a lot of Item rarity, but for now it works great and i like it a lot.

This is my current build at lvl 76:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzBg4J9hDMFE0UcRmFGjgaPhpsJKonLyftKS4qEyqNK7Yspy7_NsU22DbpPC09_ETnSsRM_1BQVcZYY1jlWfNaK18_Y_1mnme9ah5qO3Kpcrt4aXsgfLiMRozPj0aQVZeFm6Gdrp7NoW2iAKIPo_KkrKcIpzCnhKgYrKqvbLnNvJ_AGsMTxPbFisauxtjPZdDQ0iHYJN-_42rjn-oY7FXub-8O8B_xrPIv89306fZI9q73MviT-Ov60v6H

Next Im going to get 3 life nodes that I skipped in Marouder area(Bloodless) and then probably go for abit more armor(Faith and Steel in Templar area) and maybe for Aegis.
Last edited by nefczi on Apr 17, 2014, 4:43:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info