[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Yep they die pretty fast. I try not to place the totems together, so the monsters attack only one and the other one can shoot. Otherwise, zombies works very good as meat shield, I used that with my totem witch (raise zombie + minion speed + minion life + minion ele resistances) but the big problem is that you will probably never make 4 blue colours in an armor item. Maybe you can try to drop out the minion ele resistances gem and to put raise zombie + minion life + minion resistances in your screptre (which is always easy to get 3 blue colours in it). I guess I will try it out, as soon as I find the last gem "minion life" for it ^^
Last edited by Afura on Aug 28, 2014, 8:23:16 AM
Better to use vaal summon skeletons instead :)
Herald of ash can work if you have quality on it, because it adds %fire damage
Lvl 20 y is 15% more fire damage (1%=0.75% increased Fire Damage)

The problem is to see if its worth loosing life for 15% increased fire dmg.
"
Darion88 wrote:
Herald of ash can work if you have quality on it, because it adds %fire damage
Lvl 20 y is 15% more fire damage (1%=0.75% increased Fire Damage)

The problem is to see if its worth loosing life for 15% increased fire dmg.

You could get less damage on the tree and more life to cancel it out - the question is, do you get more overall damage and life that way?
"
feuerbach wrote:
so i'm 66 and through merciless meanwhile and it's been quite easy overall. stuff is dying fast, and i'm dying almost never (playing rampage obv) although my gear is shit and i have only 2.5k life
only little problem: already grabbed all totem survival nodes but my totems are still dying quite fast against some mobs (titty bitches or the guys with FP for example)
is the only possibility to buff them further gem quality? or is there another way?

Frost Wall. Goddamn amazing and super underrated. Use it, love it.
IGN: Dmillz
"
m0e wrote:
"
expjah wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
OP you should really update the 1.2 skill tree to remove the Leather and Steel and Thick Skin nodes. They are much better spent elsewhere on the tree!

its an preview ill update it soon but its not only for leather and steel but also the dexterity towards it.

*if* you were to not get Leather and Steel and Thick Skin nodes, what would you get instead? (if double curse then ehh.. hoping for more totem dps / significant amount of hp)

edit: would this be an OK path to increase damage? (adding some crit / increased fire % nodes)

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL57N7w6nMLyfFHEUIPjr379QR-oYGJH3MnKprKpZ8yftKhPAGvxLxPZaK5BVZp5sFjwtLKenhPrShxnGrqPyGjg26RDMtz4kquNqK7b-ChZvjEbYvfiTNZK18m6qSsg_J2SEBqD5vaIA8B9KxHhp9q5M_69sxYp-4k99gFZRYNIhah6oGPIvpKxUSWP9Bg4Dxgn2xBUabOQijmT3prb6na6HZa-3MjQfAjbF2CSnCND1QZauswQHBUJVxoPbcXkXHBJp7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyYOlgsnBBYuJNeXaeU0f3a3Q==

If you're going to go crit you should go all out as a crit based Flame Totem (which has way higher dps late-game actually). No my tree is like this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_7w4nL-OfpKy8nxRxpzCezVW1wQT2rnhpSsT466PyLKdaKyoTWfOsqnKp9zLqGJBVwBr60mae42o26RZvJKo8LfiTjEYrthDMxq63PjWS2L3-Cj8nSshuqrXyJ-3E9ozP9kg9_BiRUEcUIFNSRZ2a4OvuKPok2IVt1YHR_aeUuJOxBbjQga_aOvxLhxlsFnsg_of5vQagZIReXVjlrJj315uhj0bsVSqNSRs22PFspwjyL1XGOlja3TH7f-Nj_QYOA8YJ9sMTp4S8NzlSeC9YBx0UGjjfvw==

However since I am playing on Rampage I went pretty damage heavy. You could easily drop a bit of it and go more defensive. Here is a block based version, you will notice that there are a TON of extra HP nodes/regen nodes you can grab right beside the path as well. Very diverse:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_7w4nL-OfpKy8nxRxpzCezVW1wQT2rnhpSsT466PyLKdaKyoTWfOsqnKp9zLqGJBVwBr60mae42o26RZvJKo8LfiTjEYrthDMxq63PjWS2L3-Cj8nSshuqrXyJ-3E9ozP9kg9_BiRUEcUIFNSRZ2a4OvuJNiFbdWB0f2nlLiT_EuHGWwW-b0GoGSEXl1Y5ayY99eboY9G7FUqjUkbNtjxbKcI8i9VxjpY2t0x-3_jY_0GDgPGCfanhLw3OVJ4L1gHHRQaON-_T32AVn7iUWCgtPMGqZU=

BTW you are seriously underestimating dual curse. Good luck finding nodes on the tree that provide as much damage as Elemental Weakness, or as much defence as Enfeeble/Temp Chains. Also you can go both Flammability/Ele Weakness + Enfeeble/Temp Chains for a mix of offence and defence. It's incredibly strong.
Do you have a recommended setup for a crit build? I would like to move to crit but I just can't see how someone could get more than like 25-30% crit chance which seems very low, so not sure it's worth the passive investment.
doing flame totems on beyond right now.

210%IIR farming piety 1.3k totem dps running herald of ice , 3.4k hp and 60%block

not sure if this is the best way to do it just kinda made this on the fly but i just wanted high enough dps for piety/dom and survivability with max block/spellblock and good regen.

heres my current build :

Current Build
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAog8u_1BQWGPG2F8_-6qgtPMG8i-krLyf7w4nL-Ofah6oGNIhJbzfvxRxpzCezYcZbBb8SyftGS7ZYVcNo_Isp1orKhNZ86yqp4SQVcAaGjhRYE99gFZ-4vrSZp7jajbpFm8kqhps5wudrgbpJ2HzvjwtxPavbEz_6dVeHwz3AnEEs_AfxYqiANi9_gq3Psau-JOMRiu2EMwDxgYOCfZj_XhpSsT46_autfI1kg==

Current Gear

planning on to use rathpiths and stone of lazhwar to get close to max spell block aswell heres my planned build aswell with max block/spellblock with the shield and ammy :

End Game Build
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAog8u_1BQWGPG2F8_8wbyL6SsvJ_vDicv459qHqgY0iElvN-_FHGnMJ7NhxlsFvxLJ-0ZLtlhVw2j8iynWisqE1nzrKqnhJBVwBoaOFFgT32AVn7i-tJmnuNqNukWbySqGmznC52uBuknYfO-PC3E9q9sTP_p1V4fDPcCcQSz8B_FiqIA2L3-Crc-xq74k4xGK7YQzAPGBg4J9mP9eGlKxPjr9q618jWSGJFQRxQg-b0GoGSEPydKyG6qGlVkozboAed07YTvYSEFLWBLeu_Dhl4TrK_nkamVWOV7IP6HwxN5wKC0-6rR_aeUuJOnCPZI

endgame i plan to have 5k+ hp , max resists+enough to wear double andvarius , max block/70%+spellblock , and probally around 300 life regen
i could always swap some totem dmg nodes for hp/resists for andvarius if need , my goal with this build is to farm piety and dom as fast as possible and still stay safe with max block/spellblock , im not planning on doing high maps with this but u probally could function as a mf culler switching some gems around
"
Namcap wrote:
Do you have a recommended setup for a crit build? I would like to move to crit but I just can't see how someone could get more than like 25-30% crit chance which seems very low, so not sure it's worth the passive investment.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989913
"
expjah wrote:

However since I am playing on Rampage I went pretty damage heavy. You could easily drop a bit of it and go more defensive.

Which level are you now and how much life you have? Ah yes and what is your endgame build in rampage now? I am using your preview skill tree on page 1, but it is very different from this new one here :)

I am level 73 (in rampage) and this is my current passiv tree:

I am thinking about to drop "leather and steel", it is really nice to have, but in my opinion feels like a waste of passiv nodes for me.
My damage could be a bit better too, my totems do only 775 dps, I have read some posts here where people were doing 1k damage :/ .
My life is 3,2k, it is good for rampage, but could be more cause level 70 maps can be really dangerous sometmes for me ^^ .
Well i am not sure which way to follow in my tree now, I need more life and dps ^^ , but I can go just for 1 of them. I am thinking about to drop leather and steel and then using the points for going to "heart of flame". I am the only one here with this problem? :D

PS: After thinking about to improve my skill tree, I have changed my skill tree to this:

I will take the 3 totem nodes that left over (but not the cast speed and not the quick recovery), then I will go to "heart of flame". For increasing my life, I will try to increased it with better gear. Should be possible I guess, still need more currency for it :)
Last edited by Afura on Aug 28, 2014, 5:22:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info