Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

Hi,

not sure if anyone is interested or not since I use a different tree and gear, but this is just the Windripper thread to go.
Anyway I just did uber with windripper tornado shot. Pretty happy with that.
hi, i must say its an awesome clear speed build,but any suggestions on a single target gem setup or just using tornado is the best choice?
"
HighBlow wrote:
hi, i must say its an awesome clear speed build,but any suggestions on a single target gem setup or just using tornado is the best choice?

Physical bow uses trap but I don't think it works well with ele bow cause the focus is not on dmg per hit, so I would choose the bow skill with the highest base damage, Burning Arrow. It also costs only 5 Mana up to lvl 5.
"
low_Unam wrote:
Hi,

not sure if anyone is interested or not since I use a different tree and gear, but this is just the Windripper thread to go.

I would like to see your gear and skilltree you used for uber :)
"
low_Unam wrote:
Hi,

Grats! Did you use a Lightning Coil?
Hi,

thanks!
I linked my gear and tree are linked on the bottom of page 49, but I did use pointblank instead of faster attacks for my lmp TS singeltarget to not 1 shot myself in the splitphase.

And yes, I did use the Lightning coil, left me with 4k hp.
Last edited by low_Unam on Mar 9, 2015, 5:56:29 AM
"
low_Unam wrote:
Hi,

thanks!
I linked my gear and tree are linked on the bottom of page 49, but I did use pointblank instead of faster attacks for my lmp TS singeltarget to not 1 shot myself in the splitphase.

And yes, I did use the Lightning coil, left me with 4k hp.

Well, you did not link your chest there.
Oh, sorry.

the chest is that one:

Gems linked in it usally are: TS, GMP, pcoc, inc crit dmg, WED and faster attacks
@low_Unam
First off, grats on your Uber kill. Nice to know that this build (or a similar one) is Uber capable in 1.3.

My windripper character is a work-in-progress, only level 82 and still leveling gems, working on gear and gem upgrades. Nonetheless, my tooltip tornado shot DPS in my hideout with anger, wrath, herald of ice and herald of thunder all up is only 12,000. According to your post on page 49, your DPS low_Unam is, if I'm interpreting your post correctly, 43,600, over 3 times my current figure. It's really hard to believe that gear/gem/bow upgrades are going to bring my DPS total anywhere near 43,600.

For comparison, this is my current gear (I know that the bow crit chance can be improved, the gems can be leveled and made 20 quality and that I can get crit chance on jewelry - but again, it's hard to imagine that these upgrades will result in a more than threefold increase in DPS):
Spoiler

And this is my skill tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjCC4Kmw5ID6sPxBGWFr8ZihmOGo8fQSF2I_Yk_SaVKgsqTS2DL28wfDH6NZI51D8nSn1KyEtXTZJRR1FMUzVVS1b6W69d8mHiY0NnoG6qb55v8nBScLtw1XLDdvd3B3fXeOt9W311fyt_xoMJhs6HE4d2idOMNo19lwabjZu1nKSgn6KjqwusR6_rtUi18rvjwOPBM8HFwzrEospKzAbTftaK2L3ZE90N45_nCudU7Bjtg-968bPz6vba-wn8xf66_94=

==========
low_Unam, are you able to run 2 auras and 2 heralds wearing Rat's Nest with your tree?

Finally, would you mind relinking your bow or body armor with the skill gems you used to achieve the 43,600 total (I know this will be the third time linking but the other times lacked the gems used).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 11, 2015, 2:15:05 AM
Hi,

it is no problem linking my Gear again, that is the gear I use:
Spoiler
this gem and a 2nd movespeed flask was the only change for uber

I can guess why your dmg is lower, your aruas are not that high lvled, you lack critchance and multi of your gear you lack a lot of accuracy both on gear and in the tree I have more points to spend so I can take some more dmg nodes. But I don't think that will help you too much if I just mention this so maybe it helps you a bit more if I explain my build: (it is a bit longer hence, the spoiler)

Spoiler
To answer your questions I have to mention again how OP the Acuitys are the insta leech is also applied to mana.
So I am focusing my build on beeing critcapped, hence I can get the build working with almost no mana nodes. To have enough mana to still fire without blanks I had to do two things. First I had to use the amu I use, some phys dmg and mana leech; since only berek's grip allows us to leech mana of ele dmg and I think the amu way is better over all (Bereks is an insane ring but a very good rare ring just offers more dmg and the resists I really need).
And second I am not using Wrath + Anger and 2 Heralds, but I am using Wrath + HoI both with empower in +1 boots and HoT for a bit of autocursing to generate frenzy! charges. This combo doesn't need as much mana as 2 auras + 2 Heralds and only has a bit less dmg. But it also allowed me to use rats for a great dmg boost and to have 133 mana unreserved (with just 637 total mana). So I can fire 3 shots without hitting anything and with a mana falsk way more. The moment I hit even just 1 opponent I leech more then the 40 mana my shot is consuming, so I can fire endlessly at opponents.

Because I can run my TS of mana I don't need to use BM gem, so I can work with 1 less "link" and I decided to use that link to use a more defensive chest then voll's protector and the pcoc on crit gem.

Also my defensive build allows me to play without LL gem in almost all situations.
I have 9% phys reduction, 40% evasion + ondars, 40% dodge, 45% spell dodge and the Lightning Coil
all that helps me a lot with any hits monsters can deal out.

Now the reflect topic:
Elemental reflect: with all that evasion and dodge I am not one shotting myself to reflect packs (I tuned my dps a lot to that, eg. using faster attack instead of added cold dmg) the dodge and evasion is even good enough to not die to the first hit on a -max or ele reflect map. And before the 2nd hit the cwdt warlords mark setup from my helmet kicks in and makes me leech my helth back on the 2nd hit and since I am critcapped that leech usually applies instantly. That is if I am not spotting the reflect pack, if I see it before I hit it I can just use Atzi's Promise to leech just right of the first hit. Or I use a normal topaz flask, since my wrath is lvl 26+ the 21 Herald of thunder a bout half my dmg is lightning dmg so the 10% maxres from that flask scale the refelct dmg down a lot. Also the flask is obv great with LC vs physical big hitters or dominus.
Running a ele reflect map I usually swap wed for LL, I could turn of auras or herlads or stuff but that is usually not worth it (my HO dps on gmp with LL is 29k so I can clear maps almost with the same speed).
Physreflect:
Guess what, no problem, in fact it is SUPER save to play physreflect maps, caue everything is cursed with warlords mark all the time.

This huge difference in defenses are what make my build so different from the OP, cause that allowes me to use an other gem slot for dmg again.

The only situations where I have to be "carefull" is when running in partys with aura bots, my dmg goes through the roof with these players and reflect could be a problem. 150k gmp dmg can happen then, so in partys I usually use LL all the time. And maps with -max and curseimmune could be a problem (I never rerolled that combo and I never died to reflect on them, but you have to be a bit more aware of reflect packs and/or be real quick with your flasks).

As mentioned befrore I have 2 legacy crit mutli rolls on my gear, that is true but not the reason why my dps is high, removing both of these I still have 29k hidoutdps replacing them with soemthing with non legacy multi and wed would be about the same dmg, if you can find them with crit chance you can save many passivpoints on crit as well and get more dmg again. But I have to use them to cap my resits and for the mana leech.

My tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgqbEYEWvxmKGY4ajx9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLMHEwfDH6Nj051DpCOrNHfkp9S1dLeE2STipRR1VLVvpbr15FYeJirGOnZU1noGyMbWxuaW-eb_JwUnDVcsN1y3b3dwd313jrfXV_K4MJhs6HE4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nfo2_kvObjZu1nKSdqqCfpHirC6_rtUi2Qbe2uXy9Nr6nwOPBM8HVwzrKSswGzerTftQj1fjWit0N3UbdqN7445_lGecK51TndOjW6mLssO2D73rxs_Pq9tr66_sJ_MX-uv_e

As you can see I have invested a lot into
- resits, cause I need them to wear the LC using a different chest will free these up
- accuracy, I couldn't find/afford gear with even one big accuracy roll that would allow different skilling as well
- attackspeed it is always a nice dps boost with elemental builds, but I could get more dps with a different way but then each hit would be to big and reflect might be harder to handle again
- crit, obv that I want crit cap and that I invest heavy into it, but since my quiver, my amu and one of my rings don't have any cirt chance I still had to take more then better gear would

- defenses (ondards, accro, phase acro and close to as much life as I can get) no life on amu, almost none on rings, very low quiver, if you get mirrored or super good gear you can maybe get rid of some of these nodes, but again I can't afford that

So with better gear the dps with this build should be super insane, imho. But I will not even try to aim for that, but tbh I invested a lot into the aura gems cause I can use these in many builds.

DPS not sure if that matters at all but if you want to check some numbers
Spoiler

all of these numbers are TS, GMP, pcoc, WED, FA, crit dmg
in town 13602
in hideout with auras 45879
4 power charges 55557
4 power 3 frenzy cahrges 58795 <- my normal solo maping aoe dps
4 power 3 frenzy cahrges + atziri's promise 67973
4 power 3 frenzy cahrges + atziri's promise + vaal haste 77910
Last edited by low_Unam on Mar 11, 2015, 7:13:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: