Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

Guys what's your feelings about harbinger with like 9crit chance and approx 1.3 as without ele damage? Will it work fine or there is no sense to try?
Some side by side numbers for those asking about if this would work with a Harbinger or Lioneye's. I just switched to this setup using my CoC spec, which is nearly identical passive skill tree to Mathil's (minus Vaal Pact because I'm only level 83 and don't have enough points for everything yet):

Windripper stats (without Chain):

Spoiler

Lioneye's stats (without Chain):

Spoiler

(Halve those numbers if you switch Chain for Projectile Attack Damage.)

The high physical base adds to Fire and Hatred's bonuses, so I think any bow would do with a little bit of tweaking around its strengths and weaknesses.
Last edited by feyith on Apr 19, 2014, 2:02:29 PM
"
catface wrote:
Guys what's your feelings about harbinger with like 9crit chance and approx 1.3 as without ele damage? Will it work fine or there is no sense to try?

It will work but with 9 crit, 1.3 AS and no ele dmg, it is in everyway inferior. It will work to an extent but I believe without a Windripper the best rare would be a good AS thicket.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
feyith wrote:
Some side by side numbers for those asking about if this would work with a Harbinger or Lioneye's. I just switched to this setup using my CoC spec, which is nearly identical passive skill tree to Mathil's (minus Vaal Pact because I'm only level 83 and don't have enough points for everything yet):

Windripper stats (without Chain):

Spoiler

Lioneye's stats (without Chain):

Spoiler

(Halve those numbers if you switch Chain for Projectile Attack Damage.)

The high physical base adds to Fire and Hatred's bonuses, so I think any bow would do with a little bit of tweaking around its strengths and weaknesses.

Wow... how are those numbers even possible? Does the Occ Vest make that much of a difference? I'd love to see the rest of your gear. I'm just missing a good amulet/Voll's and I'll be almost complete, but my offence tab is only 5400 (at lvl 72, but using lvl 20 auras).

Oh, and to OP - I absolutely love this build. So much damage, so much fun!
Last edited by Archetype90 on Apr 19, 2014, 5:53:38 PM
I should clarify those numbers are with party buffs. I usually only run Anger and the more defensive auras. Self-buffed, it's about ~31K Windripper and ~37K Lioneye's (with Chain: ~17K/~16K, respectively). The rest of my gear is pretty +Physical heavy, which I think is why I can run it on mana and hit similar numbers on a 5-link with lower APS and fewer auras.

Spoiler
Last edited by feyith on Apr 20, 2014, 1:34:04 AM
@Feyith

I have a feeling your DPS using Windripper is lower because you have mediocre to low rolls of the "Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons" mod on your jewelry and quiver. The gear in the OP all have fairly high values for this mod. At around 30 for the quiver, belt, rings, and amulet that comes out to around a 150% increase.

@Anyone

What would happen if we used a Voltaxic instead of Windripper? We'd be losing a lot of crit so the passive tree would probably need a rework. Would we lose a lot of damage? Thanks for indulging my curiosity.
Last edited by mechclams on Apr 23, 2014, 2:17:34 AM
"
mechclams wrote:

@Anyone

What would happen if we used a Voltaxic instead of Windripper? We'd be losing a lot of crit so the passive tree would probably need a rework. Would we lose a lot of damage? Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Voltaxic likely won't work at all. Low crit, low AS. The only point of Voltaxic is an anti-reflect super safe build, and this build is pretty much the opposite.
"
bamboomaster wrote:
Voltaxic likely won't work at all. Low crit, low AS. The only point of Voltaxic is an anti-reflect super safe build, and this build is pretty much the opposite.

So there would be a sharp decrease in damage? Wouldn't Chaos damage get around problems like monster armor and resists?
"
bamboomaster wrote:
Is it possible for a ranger to do a similar sort of build? Vaal Pact seems very far off from the ranger starting point and would require that I take a lot of extra nodes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSim4274_66fXXTfu967g4j9u_wWkhW-vzFZ6CHdkp9Gtv5YxXwOlgEfocZ51Qk_dUAveY-z1FHMHxv8jnUMwwZ1f_elwYtgxmK-wn22hqPm7XDOspKb56DCRmGrEfrLCpNPydKyG6qtfKpbio4bEZybDIJUzVtbLVIbXtVSyaVjDblGbQ4-_VQQqIuDkjjhMBR8-pwUha_napirNadEZado_yrcLvZEy9vf8YnqVptJDynXElRoqMPxDt8uMqH22Hi4duhpDWSiPGgn2ND

In my opinion the Ranger build is even inferior to the Scion one. Better stats, more life, more Evasion and pretty much the same offensive numbers just a tiny bit less crit% but tbh it doesnt matter that much if you have 80% or 83,5% chance to crit. And the tree is very flexible. You can get some more crit%, AS, life, one more frenzy charge, resist, Ondar's and/or Acrobatics.

Anyway thanks for that awesome build Mathil, although i like my tree more :)
Just to post here incase anyone is wondering how leveling feels with this spec, it's ok for the most part but you hit 2 bumps along the road

First bump if around like lvl 20 when mana cost keeps rising and you're running out of mana even without 2 flasks, although it might be easier to just level with spectral throw i decided i want to do split arro all the way, i dislike leveling with different stuf, doesn't feel like i'm playing the full build

i decided to use Split Arrow-Added lightning damage and Storm cloud bow for leveling, after you make it through the more rough levels from 20-35 you can start using your 5l or 6l Volls, i had a 6L in my case, i put all the gems in it and started killing myself due to bloodmagic cost, so i went without chain for a while, swapped it for LGOH and ran these 2 in combination

with so much LGOH and on kill it's easy to run blood magic even on 6l, later when my health pool became bigger and got some decent leveling gear i swapped chain back in, big increase in dps

for single target i didn't even bother with Ele hit, i just used my standard attack, i ran wrath and anger as soon as i can run them both, single target for bosses was painful but manageable

After these 2 initial bumps it's a cruise, at like lvl 40-50 i got some good flat ele dmg jewelry i had in my shop(flat ele beats %ele for leveling) and my dps skyrocketed

I'm still using Storm cloud bow at lvl 61 and the dps is amazing, no need for buying a transitioning thicket bow, you can run with it until Windripper

After some sarn farming i'll be getting the Windripper so i'll come back to tell you how the transition feels at lvl 66

Also there was some discussion whether heart of oak is worth it, it absolutely is, 30% chance to avoid stun is almost mandatory in this spec, your defenses are so low due to not having a real chest that if you get stunned in a bad situation you could instadie, your defense is basicly killing stuff fast

Chance to avoid stun coupled with stun recovery, would be good if you could get some more on the belt too, just don't sacrifice resists or life for it, you can get up to 50%+ stun recovery and 30% chance to avoid stun, that's basicly like a mini Unwawering stance

plus side, after heart of the Oak there's a good Accuracy and Attacks speed node, both desirable stats in this build

My tree in the end is gonna be slightly different thant what OP suggested i decided to sacrifice some crit multi and accuracy to get more life so here's my a bit less YOLO tree as it will be at lvl 90

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgX5DkgPqxGWFfAWvxmKGdUajxrbHaoj9iQ8JP0mlSepKjgtgy9vMHwyCTMMOdQ6WDsoRnFJUUp9SshRR1M1VUtW-lpIWlJabWBDYeJirGNDZ6BsRm1sbXtuPW6qb55v8nBScLtw1XJsfXV_xoMJhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_lwabXZu1naOdqqCfoaSnXKiaqW6qf6q4tUi18rvjwFHDOsSiykrTftUA1p3ZE9724Yjh2-OE51TndOjW6xTuDu_w8ELyl_Pq9tr5Y_sJ_Kv8xf66_sj_3g==

total 212% life, 410% crit, 90%crit multi

i'll substitute the loss of some crit multi from the tree with 20% inc crit dmg and crit umlti rolls on ammy and quiver

if i decide leveling past 90, the rest of crit multi nodes would probably be the way to go, maybe an additional accuracy node if i can't get it on more than one piece of gear and it dips too low
IGN JustifiedF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info