Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

"
Sowun wrote:
Hey was wondering since Vaal pact doesn't allow life regen, instead of grabbing Finesse through Heart of Oak, you go left and spend one more point for 8% Ias / 20% acc / 24% Proj Dmg. Or is that 30% chance to avoid being stun that useful?

I'm curious about this too
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
cjc0013 wrote:
Sitting on a godly 1.7k hp! Shoot first or die!!!!

1.7K is impressive!
I am at 3.2K and life ain't easy for me. How do you handle grapplers, devourers, jumping chimeras, proximity shield rares and fast bosses that will not go down in 1-2 hits (Gorge, Precinct, Shrine etc.)?

And I guess that packs of blue Porcupine Goliaths must also be dangerous, as they die and shoot pikes at you all at the same time.

It seems you are one error, or one fast critter that manages to run just between two split arrows away from death. Or is it just me (a lumbering dinosaur who needs to L2P)?

At 28k split arrow almost everything including rares die in 1 - 2 hits. I do have acrobatic's.
I avoid bosses that can kill me. I am only level 83 and I still have a ton of life nodes to get. I try to kill stuff off screen, it's fairly easy with this build. Like I said before its shoot first or die.
I see you have life leech linked with weapon elemental damage.. So basically everytime you damage something you get that life leeched? Regardless of whether you used a default attack or split arrow (which is not linked to it)?...

More noobish question, your Windripper has 6sockets... Are all the gems linked to each other? Or just the ones that connects each other???

Like for example your windripper......... 'increased critical damage' is linked into 'split arrow', 'split arrow' is linked into 'chain', 'chain' is linked into 'life leech', 'life leech' into 'blood magic', 'blood magic' into 'weapon elemental damage'.
Is the 'split arrow' linked to just 'increased critical damage' and 'chain' or all? Is split arrow just have life leech indirectly when it chains (as in its original attack doesnt life leech (but the chaining does)?
Easier question is if you remove the 'chain gem' would split arrow still have life leech?
"
Ultimaac0 wrote:
"
Sowun wrote:
Hey was wondering since Vaal pact doesn't allow life regen, instead of grabbing Finesse through Heart of Oak, you go left and spend one more point for 8% Ias / 20% acc / 24% Proj Dmg. Or is that 30% chance to avoid being stun that useful?

I'm curious about this too

Since you already get the 8% attack speed and 20% accuracy from Finesse, you would essentially be trading off an extra skill point and 24% proj damage instead of the current 20 dex, 30% block/stun recovery, 4% max hp, and 30% chance to avoid being stunned.

Using that extra skill point alone makes this not worth it, at least for me.
"
I see you have life leech linked with weapon elemental damage.. So basically everytime you damage something you get that life leeched? Regardless of whether you used a default attack or split arrow (which is not linked to it)?...

More noobish question, your Windripper has 6sockets... Are all the gems linked to each other? Or just the ones that connects each other???

Like for example your windripper......... 'increased critical damage' is linked into 'split arrow', 'split arrow' is linked into 'chain', 'chain' is linked into 'life leech', 'life leech' into 'blood magic', 'blood magic' into 'weapon elemental damage'.
Is the 'split arrow' linked to just 'increased critical damage' and 'chain' or all? Is split arrow just have life leech indirectly when it chains (as in its original attack doesnt life leech (but the chaining does)?
Easier question is if you remove the 'chain gem' would split arrow still have life leech?

First of all, no, your auto attack doesn't leech life. Only the skill linked with the life leech, in this case Split arrow, will get leech. Using Vaal Pact, yes you get that life leeched back instantly every time you use split arrow.

How 6L work is you have 1 skill gem,again in this case split arrow, and 5 support gems all linked together. All 5 of those supports are linked to the skill gem effectively buffing it but at the cost of using more mana. Each support gem has a mana multiplier, be is 120% or 150% or whatever, that makes the base cost of your skill gem go up. This is why we link it with blood magic since the mana costs would be crazy and using life leech gets back more HP than the shots costs, assuming you are actually hitting stuff.
"
Ceuro wrote:
Each support gem has a mana multiplier, be is 120% or 150% or whatever, that makes the base cost of your skill gem go up. This is why we link it with blood magic since the mana costs would be crazy and using life leech gets back more HP than the shots costs, assuming you are actually hitting stuff.

Though it should be noted that this starts to work fairly late in the build: you need to do an ungodly amount of damage to ensure that you leech back enough to pay for both the blood-magicked-mana cost and the occasional healing.

Reasonable gear, level 75+, around level 18 auras, and a 5L skill is roughly where the breakeven point seemed to lie for me. Before that Life Gain on Hit worked better.

On maps with Enfeeble it still hurts, but I am inching closer to getting the exalteds for a 6L Volls, and when I can add Increase Critical Damage, the leeching should start for real.

EDIT: I did get a 6L Volls, and the carnage has started. 13K chain kicks ass.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 18, 2014, 1:29:05 PM
Could someone explain me why my dps is half than op one?:D

Im lvl 89 and doing 9k Split and 23k elemental
Last edited by Freud88 on Apr 18, 2014, 5:48:33 AM
"
Freud88 wrote:
Could someone explain me why my dps is half than op one?:D

Im lvl 89 and doing 9k Split and 23k elemental

Link your tree, you have no idea how much of a difference those nodes make.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgX5DkgPqw_EEZYV8Ba_GYoZ1RqPHaoi6iQ8JP0mlSepKjgtgy9vMHwzDDZ7OdQ6WDsoO3xGcUk7SVFKyFFHVUtaUlptXvpf4WBDYeJirGNDayRtbG17bj1uqm-eb_JwUnC7fXV_xoMJhxmH24w2jX2Nv4_6lwabXZu1naOdqqCfoaSio6dcqJqpbqp_qri0o7VItfK4yrvjwFHDOsSiykrKj9N-1QDWndkT2mThiOHb44TlGedU53To1usU8ELyl_Pq9tr7Cfyr_rr-yP_e

sorry you are right:)
Last edited by Freud88 on Apr 18, 2014, 5:58:23 AM
"
Freud88 wrote:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgX5DkgPqw_EEZYV8Ba_GYoZ1RqPHaoi6iQ8JP0mlSepKjgtgy9vMHwzDDZ7OdQ6WDsoO3xGcUk7SVFKyFFHVUtaUlptXvpf4WBDYeJirGNDayRtbG17bj1uqm-eb_JwUnC7fXV_xoMJhxmH24w2jX2Nv4_6lwabXZu1naOdqqCfoaSio6dcqJqpbqp_qri0o7VItfK4yrvjwFHDOsSiykrKj9N-1QDWndkT2mThiOHb44TlGedU53To1usU8ELyl_Pq9tr7Cfyr_rr-yP_e

sorry you are right:)

Okay, basically the OP's DPS is so much more since he has 5 power charges in his DPS screenshot - he generates them with his Voll's Protector. Also, Anger is only level 17 so that contributes a lil bit. He also uses the hat which increases crit chance. The tree is fine. He has quality Inc Crit Damage gem as well etc... which all adds up.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 18, 2014, 6:05:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info