how to avoid bleeding puncture

Fearing desync is a waste of time, I don't fear things I can't control. I can stop dying from bleed effects by being smart and paying attention.

I can't do that with desync.
Puncture bleed damage is based on the physical damage dealt by the initial hit, so having high Armour, Endurance Charges and Arctic Armour will greatly reduce the severity of the bleed effect. Note, however, that Armour and AA do not *directly* protect against physical damage over time, so they will only help if you have them up at the time you are Punctured, not if you acquire them while you are already bleeding.

You can also greatly reduce monsters' ability to Puncture you by casting Enfeeble on them. This gives a double reduction, in that it will make the initial hit less powerful, and it will also make the bleed a smaller proportion of the initial hit. That's because it's a generic debuff to the curse victim's damage, which includes damage on hitting and damage over time. (It also completely kills off critical multiplier for most monsters, so you won't take any extra damage on a critical puncture.)

On the other hand, getting Punctured while you are Shocked or cursed with Vulnerability, or by a monster that has some kind of generic (physical) damage boost, is very bad news, so be especially cautious in these situations.
"
mackdaddieab wrote:
Fearing desync is a waste of time, I don't fear things I can't control. I can stop dying from bleed effects by being smart and paying attention.

I can't do that with desync.

use autohotkey and bind a key to /oos.

if you pay attention you can often see that you are desynced and press that key.

it's been saving my ass because the desync has been extra-bad lately.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Mar 31, 2014, 1:30:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info