[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

Someone answer please!! Is possibile ti make the same build but with daggers? Will work for the endgame?
"
Teevox wrote:
I'm lvl 68 at the moment and loving the build and playstyle.
I would like to get some feedback on my current gear and skills.
I know I need a lot of improvements but let me know what I should prioritize, any suggestions are appreciated.

I have quite low dps and survivability.

Stats:
Dual Strike dps: 9,460 With Auras: 14,105
Hp: 2,948
Evasion: 1,895
Resistance
Fire: max Cold: max Lightning: 30% Chaos: -60%

Also have a look at my skill tree if you can: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAdwFtRX9Fr8ZtCP2JpUqOCzpMHEwfDWSNj06QjwtRfRHfkp9S3hM_02SUEdRR1HZVUtW-mHiYqxkr2VNZ5tnoGjybIxtbG5pb1d313fjeA18S38rhNmHdoo4jDaNfY2_lnSdqqIAotmmf6c0qW6uPq9ssJKw2LGztMW1SLXytz69Nr6KvqfAnMLsxq7K09Qj1fjWiti93Q3dqOOE45_kUe1B7w7wH_zF_gr_kw==

Hi,

You will need to sort out your lightening since at -30% it is super low. You might want
to consider removing an offensive aura ( hatred or herald of ashes )
for purity of lightening if you can't add the lightening resist on anything else.

you need to put life on both your rings and amulet ( use your masters)

if you you got currency just buy similar rings with 70+ hp for all 3.

It would probably be better to swap out your lionseye paw for something
with hp, movement speed and element resist. Again 70 hp +.

To be honest I prefer the Bringer of Rain over the tabula Rasa and Alpha's Howl combination
but after you added hp on your trinkets as well as lightening resist and you still feel squishy then I would recommend changing but if it feels fine that just keep it that way.

Because you haven't got all your crit damage passive nodes you might consider putting in
added fire damage instead of crit dam because that only is good once you have super
high crit chance. ( Don't forget to slot the crit dam in a spare socket so that it will still
gain exp )

Hopefully this helps !!!

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jan 3, 2015, 7:08:42 PM
"
Orlo wrote:
Someone answer please!! Is possibile ti make the same build but with daggers? Will work for the endgame?

you will have to make some changes since some of my nodes are claw specific but 90% of it should be able to do.. Just a little warning.. Daggers in this game are super expensive but if you got the currency and can afford two good ones then good luck !!

Also you won't benefit from the life leech like claws, but if you are pretty smart you can probably
work around this..

I think my build is optimal for claws but I don't see why it can't be changed a little to make
a viable dagger build.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jan 3, 2015, 7:07:01 PM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Teevox wrote:
I know I need a lot of improvements but let me know what I should prioritize, any suggestions are appreciated.

Stats:
Resistance

Also have a look at my skill tree if you can: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAdwFtRX9Fr8ZtCP2JpUqOCzpMHEwfDWSNj06QjwtRfRHfkp9S3hM_02SUEdRR1HZVUtW-mHiYqxkr2VNZ5tnoGjybIxtbG5pb1d313fjeA18S38rhNmHdoo4jDaNfY2_lnSdqqIAotmmf6c0qW6uPq9ssJKw2LGztMW1SLXytz69Nr6KvqfAnMLsxq7K09Qj1fjWiti93Q3dqOOE45_kUe1B7w7wH_zF_gr_kw==

Hi,

You will need to sort out your lightening since at -30% it is super low. You might want
for purity of lightening if you can't add the lightening resist on anything else.

To be honest I prefer the Bringer of Rain over the tabula Rasa and Alpha's Howl combination
but after you added hp on your trinkets as well as lightening resist and you still feel squishy then I would recommend changing but if it feels fine that just keep it that way.

Because you haven't got all your crit damage passive nodes you might consider putting in
added fire damage instead of crit dam because that only is good once you have super
high crit chance. ( Don't forget to slot the crit dam in a spare socket so that it will still
gain exp )

Hopefully this helps !!!

This helped a ton, thank you!
I bought a new ring and amulet and replaced crit dam with added fire dmg.

I'm now at 71% lightning res
3,424 hp
2,020 evasion
10,972 dps without auras
Still at -60% chaos resistance though, how important is this to max?

Where do you think I should go next with my passive skills?
I can go for area of effect radius which would be useful for farming.
Or I can go towards strength and life.
Or towards elemental dmg or crit nodes.

Which way would you recommend I go to begin with?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAdwFtRX9Fr8ZtCP2JpUqOCzpMHEwfDWSNj06QjwtRfRHfkp9S3hM_02SUEdRR1HZVUtW-mHiYqxkr2VNZ5tnoGjybIxtbG5pb1d313fjeA18S38rgpuE2Yd2ijiMNo19jb-WdJo7naqiAKLZpn-nNKlurj6vbLCSsNixs7TFtUi18rc-vTa-ir6nwJzC7MauytPUI9X41orYvd0N3ajhc-OE45_kUe1B7w7wH_zF_gr_kw==

thanks again
"
Teevox wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Teevox wrote:

Stats:
Resistance

Hi,

gain exp )

Hopefully this helps !!!

This helped a ton, thank you!
I bought a new ring and amulet and replaced crit dam with added fire dmg.

I'm now at 71% lightning res
3,424 hp
2,020 evasion
10,972 dps without auras
Still at -60% chaos resistance though, how important is this to max?

Where do you think I should go next with my passive skills?
I can go for area of effect radius which would be useful for farming.
Or I can go towards strength and life.
Or towards elemental dmg or crit nodes.

Which way would you recommend I go to begin with?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAdwFtRX9Fr8ZtCP2JpUqOCzpMHEwfDWSNj06QjwtRfRHfkp9S3hM_02SUEdRR1HZVUtW-mHiYqxkr2VNZ5tnoGjybIxtbG5pb1d313fjeA18S38rgpuE2Yd2ijiMNo19jb-WdJo7naqiAKLZpn-nNKlurj6vbLCSsNixs7TFtUi18rc-vTa-ir6nwJzC7MauytPUI9X41orYvd0N3ajhc-OE45_kUe1B7w7wH_zF_gr_kw==

thanks again

I'll def go for amplify and then devotion health passive nodes and then slowly
work on your crit chance nodes for last.

If you do find it hard to level I would strongly suggest trading your alpha howl and
tabala rasa for a bringer of Rain or a 5 linked carcass Jack + GoldRim or good helmet

I can sell you these claws too

10 chaos for the 220 pdps claws

20 chaos for the 250+ pdps claws

Let me know if you are interested :)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jan 4, 2015, 9:12:54 AM
I will definitely replace the tabula rasa soon, but I found it very good for leveling and not that expensive.

I don't understand why those claws are better than mine (i'm pretty new to this game).
My claws have higher physical damage than those, what stat makes them good and how can you see pdps? (I assume its physical dps).

"
Teevox wrote:
I will definitely replace the tabula rasa soon, but I found it very good for leveling and not that expensive.

I don't understand why those claws are better than mine (i'm pretty new to this game).
My claws have higher physical damage than those, what stat makes them good and how can you see pdps? (I assume its physical dps).

to work out the pdps ( physical ) of the claw which is what is important you have to

add the two numbers up and / 2 and then x by attack speed.

So the better claw of the two ( of mine )

89 + 186 = 275 / 2 = 137.5 x1.88 = 258. 5

whilst your weaker claw will be

127+290= 417/ 2= 208.5 x 1.10 = 229.35

My claw also has a bit of elemental damage so roughly it has 30+ dps more than your weaker claw.

If you don't feel the 'advantage is big enough' don't worry about it :)
Is that Amplify node good reason enought to go Templar tree? It look little waste of point?
Concerning the -60 Chaos Resistance:

Still true for me and my gear is much better. Currently I see no point in it for general farming. For special occasions you might want to collect some stuff on your way...
"
arskatb wrote:
Is that Amplify node good reason enought to go Templar tree? It look little waste of point?

its the highest one passive node for AOE Damage so I wouldn't consider it a 'waste'.. Please
remember the damage penalty you get for using melee splash. Also has loads of hp near that area.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jan 5, 2015, 5:39:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info