[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
DeusxM wrote:
Hello ninedeadeyes,

First, great build. One of my characters is built around it. However, because I have a bloodseeker I was not using vaal pact on my character. Now, I certainly could drop it and grab a higher pDPS claw, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts in regards to a balanced tree for a dual claw build that was n't going for vaal pact. For reference, my equipment was similar to xroni001's that you have linked in your OP. My tree was also similar. Would you simply avoid the Vaal node, or would you change the tree more than that? Also what are your (or anyone else's) thoughts on bloodseeker vs vaal pact in general?

Thanks in Advance.

Well the advantage of going bloodseeker is you get life regen but your claws will not be higher than 200k dps+

I have talked to some people who have combined one bloodseeker with a normal 300dps claw and others with a soul taker.

I have linked a guide cater towards non-Vaal Pact Dual Claw. He has not updated it to 1.3.0 but I assume he will do soon

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/461565

I've not used bloodseekers before because never had the spare currency to get a pair but I would assume my newest version of my passive tree is so hp focus I will need high dps claws to do enough damage.

Hey again,

Thanks for the response. Yes the lack of damage is a concern. before 1.3 I used one bloodseeker with a 286dps claw and it seemed to be working pretty well, but admittedly I needed more health (the leech wasn't a problem). I had been hoping that whomever wrote that guide would update to 1.3 as well, but there hasn't been any activity on the thread in awhile. Worst case I may play around with the tree and see if I can figure out a decent build myself, if I do Ill post it here. Thanks again for your guide though, it served me well pre-1.3.
What armour is better for this build - pure Evasion or Evasion/Armour?
"
Garfunkel wrote:

A strange question. What the point of having Eva/Armor if you pick Acrobatics. Pure Eva would be better for sure, tho it might end up with a good socket/links Eva/anything armor.
"
Helokity wrote:
"
Garfunkel wrote:

A strange question. What the point of having Eva/Armor if you pick Acrobatics. Pure Eva would be better for sure, tho it might end up with a good socket/links Eva/anything armor.
\
You have 50% less armour due to Acrobatics that doesn't mean 100% less that 's why I asked. Thanks for your reply
"
Garfunkel wrote:

You have 50% less armour due to Acrobatics that doesn't mean 100% less that 's why I asked. Thanks for your reply

Well, with no +% Armor in skill tree we would have all Armor purely from the items, it's a small number, and then we're picking Acrobatics - and our small number becomes an itty bitty, while truly tanky armorers keeps it up to a few thousands. Armor as a basic defensive stat should be pumpep by a fair bit of points invested to be really effective.
It's still a good way to learn things - to ask and to answer, mate. Cheers!
Even with 25% reduction I'll be like don't go armour because armour is only really good at super high number.. With 50% reduction you will never get to those numbers but then again you can give it a try and see if you can create a build from it but I wouldn't do it myself.
updated with all Apex boss kill in Atziri and Video Section, Enjoy :)
Thanks for the effort!

Ive been playing this build for a while now.
I made some changes to your 1.3 deathless version for myself. It adds 4k dps with the same amount of defence/hp (Level 90; Lightning Coil build):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AW1FCAV9hX9Fr8ZtCP2JP0mlSoLKjgs6TBxMHwx-zWSNj06QjrhPC09PkX0R35KfUt4TZJN41BHUUdR2VVLVvpbr2BBYeJieWKsY3Bkr2VNZ5tnoGyMbWxuaW9XcFJyqXasd9d343gNfyuE2Yd2idOKOIw2jX2Nv5J9mG-bWJ2qotmmV6Z_qW6tja4-sJKw2LGztMW1SLXytz69Nr6KvqfC7MT2xq7K089-1CPV-NaK2L3cI90N3ajjn-RR5c_nVOoY7UHvDvJF8-r3MvzF_gr-j_-T_94=
Last edited by recsiem on Dec 24, 2014, 5:50:23 PM
Thanks for this guide. I followed it for my first Torment character and reached level 85 with it today. Died a bunch of times early on mainly to rushing my way through to endgame and not really caring about it, though at the point now, of course, where dying is a pain if you want to continue to level. My only real tweak to your Butcher build is taking the Quickstep cluster instead of going to Aspect of the Panther. I will probably take the Celerity cluster next and, then, if still wanting go further the Panther node. I really like move speed :) I do wish there was more crit multi close by to grab (Throatseeker doesn't seem worth it). However, not sure if I'm going to go too much farther with this build, getting the itch to start a second Torment char ;)

My current DPS with the below gear is 31.8K with Herald of Ash and Hatred and 20.5K without either. This is with only a 5L and no quality gems. I did get lucky with a couple good deals on claws (30c+5 regret for a ~280 pDPS one and 12c on a 260 pDPS one). The darn body armor cost me 30c just for the base and I had bad luck linking it (over 200 fuse for the 5L). Otherwise, pretty cheap set up. My only issue is I tend to run out of mana on occasion after re-speccing out of Mind Drinker node in conjunction with increasing my attacks per second. I might re-spec into it or mebbe even try for slower claws. If getting the colors wouldn't be a pain, I'd swap faster attacks gem with increased crit damage.
Spoiler
Last edited by puaiohi on Dec 24, 2014, 11:41:44 PM
"
recsiem wrote:
Thanks for the effort!

Ive been playing this build for a while now.
I made some changes to your 1.3 deathless version for myself. It adds 4k dps with the same amount of defence/hp (Level 90; Lightning Coil build):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AW1FCAV9hX9Fr8ZtCP2JP0mlSoLKjgs6TBxMHwx-zWSNj06QjrhPC09PkX0R35KfUt4TZJN41BHUUdR2VVLVvpbr2BBYeJieWKsY3Bkr2VNZ5tnoGyMbWxuaW9XcFJyqXasd9d343gNfyuE2Yd2idOKOIw2jX2Nv5J9mG-bWJ2qotmmV6Z_qW6tja4-sJKw2LGztMW1SLXytz69Nr6KvqfC7MT2xq7K089-1CPV-NaK2L3cI90N3ajjn-RR5c_nVOoY7UHvDvJF8-r3MvzF_gr-j_-T_94=

Interesting take on the build :)

I'm going to say you will get less defence with your version since you don't have the hp bonus from passive tree and since you are not using carcass jack or taking the area of effect nodes near the priest, your penalty of damage for melee splash is going to be very high whilst mine I actually get +4% damage to AOE with the two thing combined whilst you will need to -16% to your dps stat to find out your true AOE dps.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Dec 25, 2014, 7:04:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info