[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
Just wondering if mana upkeep was ok ? From the vid you seem to be struggling a little.

Yeah, really the only times I had any real mana problems was in prolonged and/or single target fights, but I think I'm gonna get the Wurm's Molt in addition to the Slitherpinch this time around. :)

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
If it is cool with you I'm going to put your quote in my review section :)

Absolutely!

Off to create a new Shadow, I go. :D
"
shortwired wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
Just wondering if mana upkeep was ok ? From the vid you seem to be struggling a little.

Yeah, really the only times I had any real mana problems was in prolonged and/or single target fights, but I think I'm gonna get the Wurm's Molt in addition to the Slitherpinch this time around. :)

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
If it is cool with you I'm going to put your quote in my review section :)

Absolutely!

Off to create a new Shadow, I go. :D

Hopefully they are not too expensive to buy in Hardcore leagues and good luck !!

UPDATE : I Have added a new Video of my build with Levelling gear running a 'easy' Rare Level 75 Maps. Its more to highlight the playing style rather stress testing

( added in the video Section )

(ps: Seriously I really can't be bothered paying 2EX for a Level 78 Map for stress testing purpose I'm not made of Exalts, lol. Also its always best to party after map level 72 for the experience bonus )

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 18, 2014, 4:27:35 AM
Made another stress test. This was pretty wild again. Level 78. Went to a rare Crematorium Map with Tabula Rasa + Abyssus. Died twice, once to desynch , once to freeze + insane amount of phys damage. There were all kinds of full physical monsters on the map, like the rock giants (elemtals / golems whatever they are) the spectral warriors native to the docks etc. Considering that I ran Grace but had no defense from the chest I'd say you might be able to get away with Abyssus + a regular chest with life instead of Lightning Coil. I am in a very tough spot because the cheapest 6L lightning coil on Ambush is 19exa and a 6L armor + eva or full eva (will be harder to chrom right) be it normal or rare with life + some res (ofc not tri) goes for about 12-15exa.

I'm thinking if I can do 76 (skipped the boss of course) in Tabula, that 44% + Physical might not be bad in a nice chest and I can finally get rid of all the lightning resist.

It is a really hard decision for me because I've never had this much currency at hand. The other thing I have against lightning coil is that if I made a different character it might not be able to use it, while any other armor would be fine and easier to sell.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by moonlightthief on Apr 18, 2014, 11:56:07 AM
My friend provided me his thought on the final build, what do you think? :)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAdwDhwW1DI0NSRutHhoj9iaVKCoqODBUMHEwfDSTOkJAVUp9S3hRR1PfVUtW-ljbWkhh4mNwZ6Bte25pb1dwcnRBd9d4DX11fyuE2Yd2jX2Nv5VmmVebg6luqn-quK7PsbO0xbVIvoq-p8S4xqLTftQj1fjWit0N3aje9ud06NbrFOuO7UHuDu967-Pv8PzF_rr_k5P80k3AD2VNR34l3xv6pBm3FziWLOkVICpNPydKyG6qtfLrLKxHNZKI8Q-rPWWSgKgaNkKQCiSdYlrd54Pb_EvOcWwW1RzmiIO9G_Y=

Edit:
Just wanted to let you know that I have finally upgraded from the second bloodseeker, as I said, it's hard to find something for a reasonable price so I ended up buying the second claw for 4ex and yolo exed the fire damage there. Also I reskined my Carcass Jack with Sacrificial Garb and damn it looks great!
Here are my final claws for now and unless I drop better one someday, I am probably not going to buy anything else

(and yes, I yolo exed the claw from this thread too)

Oh yeah, this is how my shadow looks now!
Spoiler

(still need to change those boots, I have a pair in stash that looks awesome with this -
I just have to get another skintransfer.

Level 84 now, ripped a few times because carless playstyle. Playing on standard after all :P maybe at level 90 I will start getting a bit more carfull. Running high level maps in parties is a breeze and most importantly, the build is still fun to me so yeah once again big + for this build.
kiwi nation
Last edited by Kujar3 on Apr 18, 2014, 7:55:49 PM
Hey Guys! Just an update on my gear. Doing about 15k dps after hatred. Running Purity lighting and elemental resistance . Cold res is a bit low but working on updating my gloves.

Spent probably around 40ish ex on the build so far.

I love IRR. I exalted my amulet and got crit chance! then again and only got lightning dmg

Spoiler

Thanks!
"
Made another stress test. This was pretty wild again. Level 78. Went to a rare Crematorium Map with Tabula Rasa + Abyssus. Died twice, once to desynch , once to freeze + insane amount of phys damage. There were all kinds of full physical monsters on the map, like the rock giants (elemtals / golems whatever they are) the spectral warriors native to the docks etc. Considering that I ran Grace but had no defense from the chest I'd say you might be able to get away with Abyssus + a regular chest with life instead of Lightning Coil. I am in a very tough spot because the cheapest 6L lightning coil on Ambush is 19exa and a 6L armor + eva or full eva (will be harder to chrom right) be it normal or rare with life + some res (ofc not tri) goes for about 12-15exa.

I'm thinking if I can do 76 (skipped the boss of course) in Tabula, that 44% + Physical might not be bad in a nice chest and I can finally get rid of all the lightning resist.

It is a really hard decision for me because I've never had this much currency at hand. The other thing I have against lightning coil is that if I made a different character it might not be able to use it, while any other armor would be fine and easier to sell.

Any thoughts?

Dude that is insane if your build can easily do level 78 maps without too much issues. Not going to lie any thing above map level 73 I usually do it in a group.

Generally 6 links for 19ex is pretty cheap. I would recommend going MF for a bit or do a bit of trading.. It would be awesome to see a 6 linked lightening coil and Abyssus :)

It takes some time to generate Currency like that but you will get there :)

One of my claw costs 18 ex alone and my 6 linked carcass costs 28ex.. Its just a lot of
good trading and farming alts for ex ( and the odd good unique )

If you want to min max your build I would def save up enough ex for the 6 linked lightening coil but from what you told me, it seem like you def already strong enough to get to level 90 and maybe above :)
"
Kujar3 wrote:
My friend provided me his thought on the final build, what do you think? :)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAdwDhwW1DI0NSRutHhoj9iaVKCoqODBUMHEwfDSTOkJAVUp9S3hRR1PfVUtW-ljbWkhh4mNwZ6Bte25pb1dwcnRBd9d4DX11fyuE2Yd2jX2Nv5VmmVebg6luqn-quK7PsbO0xbVIvoq-p8S4xqLTftQj1fjWit0N3aje9ud06NbrFOuO7UHuDu967-Pv8PzF_rr_k5P80k3AD2VNR34l3xv6pBm3FziWLOkVICpNPydKyG6qtfLrLKxHNZKI8Q-rPWWSgKgaNkKQCiSdYlrd54Pb_EvOcWwW1RzmiIO9G_Y=

Edit:
Just wanted to let you know that I have finally upgraded from the second bloodseeker, as I said, it's hard to find something for a reasonable price so I ended up buying the second claw for 4ex and yolo exed the fire damage there. Also I reskined my Carcass Jack with Sacrificial Garb and damn it looks great!
Here are my final claws for now and unless I drop better one someday, I am probably not going to buy anything else

(and yes, I yolo exed the claw from this thread too)

Oh yeah, this is how my shadow looks now!
Spoiler

(still need to change those boots, I have a pair in stash that looks awesome with this -
I just have to get another skintransfer.

Level 84 now, ripped a few times because carless playstyle. Playing on standard after all :P maybe at level 90 I will start getting a bit more carfull. Running high level maps in parties is a breeze and most importantly, the build is still fun to me so yeah once again big + for this build.

Yo regarding your friends build.. I made some changes to it and see what he thinks.

Generally I took away those armour nodes because well basically they were pointless because you are using acrobatics

Due to the high amount of Evasion nodes I don't feel you need to invest so much in block
hence I've added more phyiscal attack nodes. Being none crit means that you need high damage for a good leech.

Its similar to my build before I went crit but anyway enough talking

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBA4cFtQyNDUkPqxR1FSAa2xutHhoj9iSdJpUoKimlKjgqTSzpMFQwcTB8NJM1kjZCOJY6QjrtPWU_J0BVR35KfUrIS3hOKlFHU99VS1b6WNtaSFuvYeJiWmNwZU1noGwWbXtuaW6qb1dwcnRBd9d9dX8rg9uE2Yd2iPGNfY2_kAqSgJVmmVebg6gaqW6qf6q4rEeuz7GztMW1SLXytkG3F76nwA_EuMaiznHSTdN-1CPV-NaK3Q3dqN7253To1usU6yzrju1B7g7veu_j7_D8S_zF_rr_kw==

Nice pair of claws. Seriously you don't need to get anything better because 300dps claws are a rip off and they are not noticeably better.

Dude your character look sick.. A little tip if you want the chracter to pose in a sick way
get a portal gem.. When you activate the portal gem before the portal comes on click on the print screen and the character does an awesome pose :)
"
D6vil wrote:
Hey Guys! Just an update on my gear. Doing about 15k dps after hatred. Running Purity lighting and elemental resistance . Cold res is a bit low but working on updating my gloves.

Spent probably around 40ish ex on the build so far.

I love IRR. I exalted my amulet and got crit chance! then again and only got lightning dmg

Spoiler

Hahaha.. dude if I exalted crit chance I would have just kept it, lol

What is your IIR now ? :)

Yeah I assume that 6 linked carcass jack and claws were pretty costly.. How much did you spend of those items ?

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

Dude that is insane if your build can easily do level 78 maps without too much issues. Not going to lie any thing above map level 73 I usually do it in a group.

Generally 6 links for 19ex is pretty cheap. I would recommend going MF for a bit or do a bit of trading.. It would be awesome to see a 6 linked lightening coil and Abyssus :)

It takes some time to generate Currency like that but you will get there :)

One of my claw costs 18 ex alone and my 6 linked carcass costs 28ex.. Its just a lot of
good trading and farming alts for ex ( and the odd good unique )

If you want to min max your build I would def save up enough ex for the 6 linked lightening coil but from what you told me, it seem like you def already strong enough to get to level 90 and maybe above :)

There might be some misunderstandings here. First off, I am in Ambush, so the price of stuff is totally different. Secondly, the highest level map I did was 76 so far in solo. Thirdly, I have not switched to IIR gear yet because of the fact that I already have a full MF character (455/69 templar with dual totems) so I wanted to make a full DPS build out of this shadow. Seems like I succeeded with the help of your guide! I'll put my present build in a Spoiler if anyone's interested.

PRESENT BUILD, GEAR, STATS
Spoiler

Moonlightthief Level 79 Shadow on Ambush

LOOKS
Spoiler

CURRENT GEAR
Spoiler

I bought this as a normal 6link itemlevel 80 chest for 14 exa and so I started crafting it myself.
I needed life, +% armor + eva and fire resist mostly.
Would have really liked to get a very high +% armor and eva after life and fire... (that was what the Regal Orb gave me, but an insanely low % unfortunately).

So you can see I stopped using Lightnin Coil to mitigate the incoming +44% Physical Damage from Abyssus, I have a long way to go till level 90 will see if a normal chest will be enough.

CURRENT STATS
Spoiler

My DPS Ranges from 31K to 38K solo, depending on what auras I use. I usually have Clarity on, and depending on the map and the group if I'm not soloing I use: Hatred, Grace or Purity of Elements.

Basic Offense Stats

Buffed Offense Stats

CURRENT PASSIVE TREE

I still don't have any problem doing maps, I was on a 76 rare map with 8 mods with a friend, so I'd say the build can take almost anything with the full DPS style. I will report on the MF style too, when I am at 85+ and can get enough resistances with my MF gear.

I am loving the build, have a lot of fun playing and testint its limits. Also tried Dominus in solo, of course I did not have any problems with full DPS, tried MF gear too, but my resistances were so low with Andvarius Rings that I gave up and will only try again if I can get MF gear specifically for this toon (res, phys dmg, IIR would be nice, but hard to get).

I'll keep you guys posted. Any criticism is welcome!
Are you sure this is viable for Invasion? only 202% life, you posted it on Path of PoE as a guide for Invasion, and also why would you ever use evasion over armour in any hardcore league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info