[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

Questions:

1. Is this gear enough for Dominus farming? - running really low on currency so need to make some back

try it out and see what happens.. It also depends on what level you are at. To be honest
those claws ( 1 at 200 dps an the other arud 180 dps) might not cut it. I would recommend at
250dps claws or there about. I only started mfing and dominus runs around level 84 so I am not sure how effective it is before that.

2. I bought a 6l carcass and rolled a 4R 2G. seems kind of rare and hard to roll 4 red so i'm going to keep it (while posting it for 50ex one poe.xyz) instead of rolling for a blue like you have. Which do you think is a better combination for the 4th red socket?

(Endurance charge on stun or added fire damage or melee damage on full life or ????) + Dual strike , multi strike, faster attack, melee physical, melee splash

Fire damage because it compliments with your critical chance but if I were you I'll try to sell it and make a killing and use the profit made buy end game gear for everything else.

I'm interested in endurance charge on stun but don't really know if its worth it. Is reduce stun threshold and my %life damage to the minion the only way to calculate stun? If i can't stun Dominus/boss because of low damage (using mf gear), shouldn't i use another red gem instead?

Never really used it but the issue is if you are an acrobatic build you barely get hit hence barely get stunned.. Also if you followed my build I have got anti-stun which decrease the amount of stun even more. The problem with getting stun is that you stop attacking and the only thing that is keeping you alive is .. you guess it .. your life leech. Also if you follow my build you should be getting endurance charge from your Cast On Damage link.

and think my biggest recommendation is to sell your 6 linked carcass ( for a profit ) and then use the currency to get end game everything.. All items should have 60 to 90 maximium life and
give good resistance as well as other good stuff like hight critical strike chance, mulipler, increase physical damage . I think the worst thing is your amulet, since you are vaal pact you don't gain any life regen and since you are not elemental damage focus you gain little from that stat too and the main thing it has no life.

Thinking adding Hatred and add fire damage?
or
WED gem with Hatred/Anger?

Hatred with added fire damage.. The problem with WED is that you are primally a phyiscal damage character but use Hatred and Anger because you have high crit hence it is use more for the freeze and burn stack than actual damage.

3. I've added flicker strike for added mobility, crit and atk speed buff when boss farming. I whirl away when im taking too much dmg, then flicker back for buff.

Well the problem with flicker you need frenzy charge. I did actually theory craft a frenzy charge, Blood rage dual claw alternative which you will find lower down on the guide.
When I used it without being specilised in frenzy charge and blood rage it was a bit pants but if it is working for you than go for it .. Generally I don't whirl too much only to escape or if I am chasing a monster but generally prefer to tank.

ANY feedback is much apprecaited!

Thanks for the guide, loving the play style of this build so far! - my claws are bad i know :(

You are welcome :) Thanks for the nice comments !!
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 15, 2014, 2:42:29 AM
Back with an update!
I've managed to get to level 80 without any trouble. I can run higher level maps, but yesterday I've been stress testing my current state at this map

Did not worked out so well :D but I managed to full clear it.
I am still having a great time playing this build and still only with bloodseekers at 16K dps + a little over 3K HP.
This is my slightly updated gear, I expect getting a vaal pact and better claws sometimes today/tommorow, if I can find something with a reasonable price.

Spoiler

I can't really change the amulet because + strenght and when I look up similiar stats, only crazy amulets pop up for ridiculous price so for now I am stuck with this.
Also I can't keep my mana full without mana potions so I have 2 mana pots always with me with 69% increased evasion during flask effect and it's really helping so I don't mind mana problems at the moment. :D With that I have 2x sapphire flash with "Dispel chilled and frozen" on it, because frozen is just well... Annoying and deadly and 1 life flask for rare situations, barely using it really.

Oh and here is my look! I simply love it.
kiwi nation
Last edited by Kujar3 on Apr 15, 2014, 7:17:05 AM
"
Kujar3 wrote:
Back with an update!
I've managed to get to level 80 without any trouble. I can run higher level maps, but yesterday I've been stress testing my current state at this map

I am still having a great time playing this build and still only with bloodseekers at 16K dps + a little over 3K HP.
This is my slightly updated gear, I expect getting a vaal pact and better claws sometimes today/tommorow, if I can find something with a reasonable price.

Spoiler

I can't really change the amulet because + strenght and when I look up similiar stats, only crazy amulets pop up for ridiculous price so for now I am stuck with this.
Also I can't keep my mana full without mana potions so I have 2 mana pots always with me with 69% increased evasion during flask effect and it's really helping so I don't mind mana problems at the moment. :D With that I have 2x sapphire flash with "Dispel chilled and frozen" on it, because frozen is just well... Annoying and deadly and 1 life flask for rare situations, barely using it really.

Congrats !! and to be honest anything over 72 Maps I generally do in a group because
I use higher end maps for exp points and the best way to get exp points is doing it in a
group.

The only thing I will add is a 'portal gem' so you don't need to waste your portal scrolls.

Yeah I am assuming the low physical damage of the claws means that you do not leech enough mana to maintain your attack, can't be helped with blood seekers :(

I can see both your topaz ring and amulet hasn't got health but then again if your
character can do level 71 /72 maps then it is whatever since anything higher you will do in a group..

I am not too sure how well it will fair doing level 75 maps + but I only really started
doing them around level 86+ because I was getting enough exp from low level 70 maps.

I might actually add a feedback/Review section at the bottom of my page tonight to let people read what the experience of the build is and of course I'll add your level 80 review of it :)

and yes you do look awesome !! I luv how in this game you can dress your character up looking like a monster ( I've been mistaken by players as a bad guy a few times whilst playing, lol )
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 15, 2014, 7:48:58 AM
"
Kujar3 wrote:
Back with an update!

Spoiler

Hey Kujar, can you post your offense an defensive stats?
Thanks!
"
D6vil wrote:
Hey Kujar, can you post your offense an defensive stats?

Here you go
kiwi nation
At the moment I am level 68 with the build with small differences. I haven't taken Vaal pact and the life leech nodes yet, not sure if I have to later either. I wanted to try the build with Abyssus, so I did. I am also not using Power Charges yet, I don't have any crit nodes taken, only flat damage and +% Physical damage ones. When you look at my DPS note that I have only 1 claw that has good DPS, the other is really low for this level.

It works really great, I had 25K DPS at level 60 with Tabula Rasa and Abyssus, but of course I could only do Docks and other low danger areas without dying to the +44% physical damage the mobs do to me because of Abyssus.

Then I tried Abyssus + 5L Carcass Jack. Still had 12K DPS (lost a lot because of the fact that I could only find RRRGB CJ and could not link faster attacks in. I used Power Charge on Crit which was fine. I don't really care about the area effect on Carcass Jack and it's really hard to get the 3 Red slots on it, so I gave up on it pretty quick. Might go back to it later though.

Then I was wondering how I could negate the incoming extra physical damage and immediately bought a Lightning Coil, 5linked it and it works like a charm. I have around 16K DPS, mobs have a hard time doing damage to me with capped lightning resistance and all the eva / block / dodge nodes this build uses.

Can't wait to see what my damage is going to be when I take all the crit nodes and the life leech etc. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a lot for the guide, when I have my final version I'll link it, too.

Cheers.
"
At the moment I am level 68 with the build with small differences. I haven't taken Vaal pact and the life leech nodes yet, not sure if I have to later either. I wanted to try the build with Abyssus, so I did. I am also not using Power Charges yet, I don't have any crit nodes taken, only flat damage and +% Physical damage ones. When you look at my DPS note that I have only 1 claw that has good DPS, the other is really low for this level.

It works really great, I had 25K DPS at level 60 with Tabula Rasa and Abyssus, but of course I could only do Docks and other low danger areas without dying to the +44% physical damage the mobs do to me because of Abyssus.

Then I tried Abyssus + 5L Carcass Jack. Still had 12K DPS (lost a lot because of the fact that I could only find RRRGB CJ and could not link faster attacks in. I used Power Charge on Crit which was fine. I don't really care about the area effect on Carcass Jack and it's really hard to get the 3 Red slots on it, so I gave up on it pretty quick. Might go back to it later though.

Then I was wondering how I could negate the incoming extra physical damage and immediately bought a Lightning Coil, 5linked it and it works like a charm. I have around 16K DPS, mobs have a hard time doing damage to me with capped lightning resistance and all the eva / block / dodge nodes this build uses.

Can't wait to see what my damage is going to be when I take all the crit nodes and the life leech etc. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a lot for the guide, when I have my final version I'll link it, too.

Cheers.

Good that it worked out :) .. I might recommend the 'Abyssus' into Dylane 'lightening coil build section as well as to the budget gear section :) ..Thanks for the feedback !!
This is a really fun build. I'd like reemphasize the need for the ~200dps claws. I'm at level 66 with a 145 and 110 dps claws and I'm just not making enough of a dent anymore. Quick question because I'm still a poor scrub at this game: is there's a good level to keep the clarity gem at?
"
Tritos wrote:
This is a really fun build. I'd like reemphasize the need for the ~200dps claws. I'm at level 66 with a 145 and 110 dps claws and I'm just not making enough of a dent anymore. Quick question because I'm still a poor scrub at this game: is there's a good level to keep the clarity gem at?

I actually recommend for end game 250 physical dps claws :)

Make sure it is physical because you do not life leech elemental damage

You will need to look at my 'gem section' but I think its a level 5 clarity at end game

At early game its like level 2 supported by both the mana leech uniques belt and glove ( look at progression level section)

"
D6vil wrote:
Great guide to start!

How come one of your claws has only one gems?

How much do you estimate this build would cost in Ambush?

Caracass only helps with aoe dmg? If i single target piety, i wouldn't really need caracass?

Post a video of you mapping high lvl map with mf gear please! If i commit to this build, it will be every cent i own..like to see how it works out on maps.

I have posted a new video of a Rare level 71 map with boss and exile kill with full MF gear :)

Could have posted the whole map clear video but the play style is pretty much the same so I thought 7 mins is a good time to cut it. Hope you enjoy !!
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 17, 2014, 3:10:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info