[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Hey Say_ten I just finished Act 10 and about to start the atlas. I was wondering if you could have a look at my character and let me know your thoughts on my gear and such?

Thank you

i will surely do so if you unhide your characters on here
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Hey Say_ten I just finished Act 10 and about to start the atlas. I was wondering if you could have a look at my character and let me know your thoughts on my gear and such?

Thank you

Sorry, I'm new. how do I do that?
"
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"

Thank you

Sorry, I'm new. how do I do that?

i need a macro for this lol

click your account name at the top left of the forum. click privacy options. uncheck the box that says hide all characters. win.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

i need a macro for this lol

click your account name at the top left of the forum. click privacy options. uncheck the box that says hide all characters. win.

LOL. Done. Thank you
"
LOL. Done. Thank you

your right ring and your belt are the only items that have any decent amount of life on them. if you don't fix that soon, everything is going to be one-shotting you.

get rid of that rotgut flask and run a basalt or a stibnite

your weapon's pdps is kinda low but you're not even map level yet so you can wait longer. you should be able to find an upgrade cheap.

same thing for the armor, though it might be a little more expensive to find a 5L upgrade from that.

overall you're probably fine since you didn't get the -60% resists yet and the regular game content isn't insanely difficult but you will need to incrementally upgrade everything as you start to map or you're going to feel stuck
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
LOL. Done. Thank you

your right ring and your belt are the only items that have any decent amount of life on them. if you don't fix that soon, everything is going to be one-shotting you.

get rid of that rotgut flask and run a basalt or a stibnite

your weapon's pdps is kinda low but you're not even map level yet so you can wait longer. you should be able to find an upgrade cheap.

same thing for the armor, though it might be a little more expensive to find a 5L upgrade from that.

overall you're probably fine since you didn't get the -60% resists yet and the regular game content isn't insanely difficult but you will need to incrementally upgrade everything as you start to map or you're going to feel stuck

I am doing maps, and already did get the 60% decrease.

I have been trying to find a decent weapon but poe.trade has had nothing even remotely decent for less than 15 chaos.

More life is a huge issue for sure, need to work on that right away.

Thank you!
Spoiler
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Samelx wrote:
Hey Say_ten I've been following your guide for a bit now (87) currently and I wanted to know your opinion on my Character. Items, gems everything. Also I don't know where to start using the xtra skill points I'm getting now. Maybe more life? point Blank? try to go for another socket?

I don't have much to buy stuff fyi... I'm working on it... still a newbie here

Thanks for the guide!
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Hey Say_ten. First, thanks a lot for your feedback! It helped me a lot... so I'm here reporting back!

Spoiler
alright lots of things you can improve on, including all your jewels. use this link and replace them all, save for maybe the one right under the scion start point...that one is ok...and you should be able to sell the one on the left (swords/melee crit) to the right buyer for at least 15c.

I have changed a few Jewels...not the best ones.. These new ones were rolled by me. Don't know what people are smoking but all the good, not even godly, jewels are overpriced for me or I'm just too poor lol. I keep checking your link (btw BIG help) in case I can catch one on a reasonable price.

Spoiler
how many extra points do you have? you can grab cloth and chain and the extra frenzy charge under the duelist. you could grab some more leech nodes.

Got two when I asked. I went for Cloth and chain and I'm thinking going for more leech nodes.

Spoiler
your flasks need work. buy an atziri's promise and put that in place of your quicksilver. then find a good stibnite and put that in place of one of your life flasks. you should only have to run one life flask.

Flask is where I got some work to do. I grabbed atziri and Tried to run with just one life flask but couldn't for now (died a couple of times)...I need some time to adjust. So for now, I'm adjusting to not have the quicksilver flask (big change for my play-style) and still running two life flasks. I rolled the stibnite below. Is it any good? or what should I look for this one? also I'm guessing a single Life Flask with bleeding removal/inmunity is ideal right?

Spoiler
belt sucks for late game. find a stygian with at least 85 life and at least 2 good resists. then find a jewel for it (life, sword damage, physical damage, etc).

I changed the belt for a stygian (See below). I was still running magnate basically for the elemental resistances. I haven't found an awesome jewel for it but what I have there got to do for now

Spoiler
boots are ok for now. gloves aren't terrible but could be better with flat phys and attack speed on them.

your weapon is also not great. lot of elemental damage on there but not enough physical, which is what you want. you could buy a 5L kondo's pride or doomsower and use that for now. also change ice bite out and add faster attacks.

Now on my equipment. Boots changed. I went Kondo's for the weapon. The gloves... I'm struggling with Mana (need help here) so I NEED to run at least one piece of armor with mana leech roll in it. I've changed the gloves for this ones
that I was keeping in the stash, and I have an xtra one that I'll change in soon
What do you think?

Spoiler
for your armor, i would consider swapping out damage on full life, mainly because you will get hit often. however, if you are kiting with ST from a decent distance, this might be totally fine.

Kiting is basically all I do sometimes lol, but I guess I can have a gem ready for boss fights which is where I found myself not being full life most of the time. What should I use as an alternative? Also I noticed you didn't comment on my volley support instead of lesser projectiles..which I can't still see the difference for this build.

Spoiler
helm needs more life but is ok if you still need the dex. your item rarity gem is doing nothing for you FYI.

I no longer need dex. What I do need to keep is some piece with good intellect and I knew about the rarity Gem! it was just a open slot I was using to level up. Now, since I've swap around a few things in my armor/build (thanks to you!) I found myself in a good position to try lightpoacher
what do you think? I know I'm missing maximum life wearing it but I've been enjoying it so far. btw what are you thougts on trying the gloves?
I got xtra ones with two abyssal sockets too plus I own the abyssal belt which I'm thinking on using soon...just a matter on getting my hands on good jewels.

Spoiler
also some of your gems are level 20 and you should consider flipping them to 20% quality (vendor level 20 gem with one gemcutter prism and get back the same gem at level 1, 20% quality).

Done the instant I read this... I totally forgot about it! Good thing those gems hit lvl 20 right before seeking your help.

Spoiler
all your jewelry is pretty bad. see if you can find pieces with at least 70 life and flat physical damage on them. add stats or resists as needed.

Same case with the passive tree jewels... good ones are way too expensive for me now. I've rolled and bought some cheap ones and I have a few ones to swap around once I get level 7 with two of the masters to re-enchant. (hopefully today)

get to work and report back!

Thanks a lot again and you can Check my stuff whenever you got time.

Last Questions:

What to upgrade the weapon next?

Chest Piece upgrade? or Should I try to 6L a better version of the same one.

Uber Labyrinth Doable ? 4600 hp now. Can increase by swaping helm.
Do we take Vaal Pact now that it's so close to the start of the tree or is it not worth grabbing?
I also would like to know if Vaal Pact is worth grabbing? extra leech, but no regen? what do you think?
"
Samelx wrote:

Hey Say_ten. First, thanks a lot for your feedback! It helped me a lot... so I'm here reporting back!

Thanks a lot again and you can Check my stuff whenever you got time.

Last Questions:

What to upgrade the weapon next?

Chest Piece upgrade? or Should I try to 6L a better version of the same one.

Uber Labyrinth Doable ? 4600 hp now. Can increase by swaping helm.

Your gear is a lot better now. Uber lab should be doable for you. For the armor I would try to save for a 6L but I would focus on a better weapon first. You will pretty much have to spend the money on a good rare one unfortunately. However you should be able to grind and level a little more for passive self to keep yourself going

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info