[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
solley wrote:
Have you ever tried to incorporate Steel Spirit Jewel?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Steel_Spirit

AND....

I have had no luck with weapons. Still looking for a decent Reaver Sword. Present is 169-250 physical with 4L. What can I do?

Thanks

don't really think the expenditure of extra points into DEX will warrant the use of that jewel, especially since i don't think the damage will be that much better. like you can just put a jewel that does +14% physical damage with 2h weapons and +12% damage with 2h swords and you're ahead of the game.

if you want, you can buy a sword...a cheap unique is Rigwald's Charge (used to be Rivaldi's Charge). send me a message in game and we'll sort it out!
Should I upgrade 'cast on damage taken' gem? In your guide i see it with (lvl 1) addition. I asked this question in game, but all I got is 'yes and no', 'if you are stacking armor then yes'. Can you explain please?
"
Dargenn wrote:
Should I upgrade 'cast on damage taken' gem? In your guide i see it with (lvl 1) addition. I asked this question in game, but all I got is 'yes and no', 'if you are stacking armor then yes'. Can you explain please?

I leave it at level 1 because it triggers all the time. If you look up specifics on the skill, the higher the level, the more damage you need to take for it to work.

So I keep the rest of the skills attached to it (supports don't matter...you can level them all the way) to a character level requirement of 38 or lower. This ensures level 1 CWDT will trigger those skills. In this build, as a melee character, you will get hit a lot and therefore staying at level 1 keeps immortal call up frequently (at the cost of shortened duration) and it also casts everything else frequently (currently blood rage and enfeeble for me).

I have seen both schools of thought as far as whether or not to level. For example, since this build has a relatively high armor rating, you could really go either way. If you level the gem more, you can have increased duration of immortal call so you will get hit harder but be immune to physical damage for longer. A lot of ranged builds or glass cannon builds may consider keeping the level of the gem somewhat high in order to have enough time to get out of danger.

Keep in mind that elemental damage can still kill you while IC is active.

In short, there is no direct good or bad answer...it's really a matter of preference and play style.

People also sometimes set up multiple CWDT arrangements (one high level and one low level).

If I can answer anything else more specifically, let me know.
Would Daresso's or Belly of the Beast be good with this build? Also how do you avoid mana issues with ST spam?

Last edited by OneReality13 on Jan 19, 2016, 2:37:24 AM
"
OneReality13 wrote:
Would Daresso's or Belly of the Beast be good with this build? Also how do you avoid mana issues with ST spam?

With regard to Daresso's, if you read some recent posts, I swapped to it and I do like it for this build. Not required, but definitely useful, especially if you can take care of getting more life and capping resists elsewhere.

With regard to Belly of the Beast, you'd have to make the call. Compared to Daresso's or a good rare chest, how much does your life go up? If it's like 500 or more, then you might want to use it (assuming you have one). If it's only a couple hundred but you have to sacrifice more resists and armor/evasion, maybe not.

Remember, one main thing I drive home here is that you can make this work cheaply. However, if you want to spent a lot of currency on certain items, the output will scale.

As far as mana issues, I also touched on this quite a bit in the post. However, here are some options:

1) use mana flasks until you are dealing enough physical damage with some mana leech and/or regen to get it back fast enough

2) use elreon rings with -X mana cost for skills

3) use items with mana leech, such as wurm's molt (leather belt) which is very cheap and endgame viable

4) temporarily (or even permanently) spec into some mana leech or regen nodes, such as mana flows or the leech nodes to the right of the duelist area

if you need more help/info, i will need to see your gear, gem setup and skill tree. good luck!
Thank you for such a detailed answer and such a detailed guide. This build was the first build I enjoyed in this game. I understand where you are coming from in your answers.
"
OneReality13 wrote:
Thank you for such a detailed answer and such a detailed guide. This build was the first build I enjoyed in this game. I understand where you are coming from in your answers.

Any time!
Hey man, I just have another question. What is the primary difference between using LMP vs GMP for this build? Also will you be creating a guide for the dual claw shadow?
Last edited by OneReality13 on Jan 23, 2016, 11:55:01 PM
"
OneReality13 wrote:
Hey man, I just have another question. What is the primary difference between using LMP vs GMP for this build? Also will you be creating a guide for the dual claw shadow?

1. LMP does more damage than GMP and I find that LMP covers plenty of AOE so the additional AOE from GMP is unncecessary in my opinion. Also, GMP costs more mana. By all means try it out and if you think it works better, use it.

2. I am tempted to make a guide because of the differences in play style and some tree choices, but since I based the build off grindst0ne's build, I won't. I spent a bunch of time over the last couple of weeks discussing options with him and he included some of my suggestions in his post. The original post is at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1326484/page/1

I believe he actually based his build off someone else's too.

That being said, if you have any questions about the dual claw build, by all means let me know. You can post in his post or PM me about it.

Good luck!
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 25, 2016, 6:34:57 AM
started an FAQ section in the OP since I get asked the same questions a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info