San Francisco Fan Meetup and Atziri Kill Progress Update

"
60x7 wrote:
All those guys and one asian chick...dangerous.

You need to grow up.

Nice to see female gamers represented at the meetup. For her trouble she gets a snide remark from a sexist pig.

yeah I'm sure she was there just to see if she could turn it into an orgy....gezzzus. yes I was being sarcastic.

The sexism in the game community on POE is ridiculous. Get it all the time on global channels and now its in forums as well?

You'd be surprised at how many female gamers there are, not only in PoE but in most large MMO games as well.

Sexism in my view is simply the flip side of Rascism, and needs to be dealt with as such.
Looking forward to Cut-Throat.
"
unsmith wrote:

I'd be very interested to know how many people have attempted Atziri in Invasion so far, and i'll be very interested to see if and when anyone actually manages to complete it. Even more interested see someone do it solo.

Yes, this ... it looks extremely hard [I see GGG-Staff smiling here ;)]

Looks like a nice MeetUp, seems I just was in SF at the wrong Week ...
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
The guy in red ,lol.
o.O where is Chris wearing his signature OP shirt!?

Here is a link as a refresher :D
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo62pp4aOH5R1hm4KXT4OOgo77L77dMLXSblyC5yj57ofL5Wga
How about an Europen Fan Meetup?
At least we have a separate server so I guess there's quite a player base here ...

Not being a German citizen I'd refer to the guy mentioning Munich (beer).

Munich (alternatively Frankfurt) is quite accessible accross Europe by taking a flight or train: 1 hour from Vienna, 1.5 hours from London, 2 hours Madrid, ...

Invite the top European streamers: WillyWonka, Nugi, Kripp (as long as he stays in Greece) for podium discussion/PvP against each other?
Will GGG say anything about the countless wasted hours trying to go for the first 50 atziri kills on ambush by people who were playing stun/ignite/freeze builds prior to atziri character information becoming public?

Basically this challenge was the epitome of your game : RNG.

Don't utilize stun : Check

Don't utilize freeze : check

Don't utilize burn : check

you can now call your build a viable atziri killer.

My problem is not even with the fact she is imune to all these status ailments, but with the fact this was kept a secret before the challenge started.

Wp GGG, wasted my 1 week off on a stun character to try and go for the challenge. Needles to say i was dissapoint when i reached lvl 75 on day four and saw the video with "unwavering" on Atziri.

I think i saw a mental "Fuck you" middle finger from you chris. Thanks for releasing this info pre-challenge creating a true challenge based on creative counter design by players instead of RNG based build viability.

Still love the challenge and hope more will come, but i hope you guys learn something from this mistake, since you shafted a whole lot of players who put a lot of effort in this challenge to just get a big "Fuck you" from GGG 4 days in the challenge.

Peace
-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Will GGG say anything about the countless wasted hours trying to go for the first 50 atziri kills on ambush by people who were playing stun/ignite/freeze builds prior to atziri character information becoming public?

Basically this challenge was the epitome of your game : RNG.

Don't utilize stun : Check

Don't utilize freeze : check

Don't utilize burn : check

you can now call your build a viable atziri killer.

My problem is not even with the fact she is imune to all these status ailments, but with the fact this was kept a secret before the challenge started.

Wp GGG, wasted my 1 week off on a stun character to try and go for the challenge. Needles to say i was dissapoint when i reached lvl 75 on day four and saw the video with "unwavering" on Atziri.

I think i saw a mental "Fuck you" middle finger from you chris. Thanks for releasing this info pre-challenge creating a true challenge based on creative counter design by players instead of RNG based build viability.

Still love the challenge and hope more will come, but i hope you guys learn something from this mistake, since you shafted a whole lot of players who put a lot of effort in this challenge to just get a big "Fuck you" from GGG 4 days in the challenge.

Peace
-Boem-

Funnily enough, I actually want to see how good the monster defensive mods can be when fully stacked. Atziri is missing 2 of them - ARMORED and CURSE IMMUNE. She has Resists Elemental and Resists Chaos so the lack of Armored gives physical chars a bit of a bonus in comparison. And I want to see what players can do when they're deprived of their curses.

I'd like to see her get those mods too so we can see just how hard a monster stacking all the defense mods can be. To make up for this, GGG can cut her HP/damage by 20-25% since I'm no fan of the cheap way of making bosses difficult - giving them huge HP pools and damage.
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 17, 2014, 5:23:11 PM
"
Korguan wrote:
How about an Europen Fan Meetup?

+1 would love this! (pssst Sweden would be best for this because of reasons)
Just got atziri done on Ambush, I hope I'm top 50. :)

Wish I can be at the meet up, but I live in New York.
I like Apples!!!

★ Master Crafting Service ★ Level 8 Elreon, Tora, Vagan, Cata, Haku, Vorici ★ Level 5 Leo ★ Level 8 craft - 10c ★ Multiple level 8 Crafts - 20c ★ Rest are free, donate if you wish to donate it helps me out ★ Thread: 1519129 ★ Vouches Appreciated ★
Last edited by AppleEater on Mar 17, 2014, 6:19:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info