Atziri Kill as a Summoner/Ambush League (Success!)

Spoiler

Just a shoutout to all summoners that Atziri is do-able. However a companion is required for added safety. Solo might be possible but you need to pay attention to alot more details.

This was accomplished on our 4th attempt. First 2 attempt was when were were specced EB/MOM/AA. But this combination proved very difficult against the fight with the trio bosses as degen bypassed most of the defensive mechanisms of MOM + AA.

So to counter this we respecced into CI to avoid this chaos degen. This made it easier to focus on the minions survivability as they love to enter these heavy chaos degen areas and suicide.

3rd run was a semi success. Defeated trio boss with 1 member down and no ports left. We were still not used to our CI builds and committed certain mistakes. Also accidentally lost my entire army to chaos degen during the fight. So I slowly proceeded to Atziri to test waters.

4th run. With the experience from previous runs we quickly devised plans to avoid death and counter the boss attacks. Main idea was to survive trio boss. As Atziri is much much easier to fight with as a summoner.

As CI, auras were hard to come by so we had to split the auras among the 2 of us.
Hatred + Grace + Discipline on myself
Purity + Vitality + Haste + Clarity on Alpha_X

This would be much easier if we had better gear but as this is a new league. We made do with whatever we had. We also did not have access to quality gems and lvl 20 gems which made it alot harder.

IRL Friend and fellow guildmate who made it possible: Alpha_X

My gear:
Spoiler

Alpha_X gear:
Spoiler
"
"
Alpha_X wrote:
Companion gear:

No snapshotting was used in this fight on my end. I wore the sidhebreath the entire time as zombies died very often and had to recast every once in a while.

Alpha_X had to snapshot auras on his spectre 5L due to socket constraints.

Other than that, no Chober/Midnight or any other summoner equips were used to snapshot.

Here are some information about the bosses

Phase 1: Duo Vaal
Boss attacks/moves
Laser beam - Instant shock(standard Vaal lightning beam)

Lightning ball - instead of swinging his arm to summon adds, vaal summons multiple lightning balls instead

Blizzard - aoe blizzard similar to firestorm

Vaal smash - Standard vaal smash

2nd vaal becomes "super turbo" mode when first one dies

Strategy used

-Evangelist blocks most ranged attacks from vaal, however blizzard might still hit through the shield sometimes(maybe desync).

-Rotate clockwise/anticlockwise to avoid standing in blizzard)

-Other than that. Desecrate + flesh offering for turbo minions and dps both constructs down.

-Curse used: Vulnerability

Phase 2: Trio Bosses(harder than Atziri for summoners)
Boss attacks/moves

Cyclone Axe - Cyclone which might apply corrupting blood stacks. Also the path he cyclones is covered in desecrate ground. Marked with chaos degen red tar(hard to see but if you look out for it you can spot it)

Cleave attack that also seems to apply corrupting blood stacks.

Dual Striker - Didnt notice much about this guy. Except he just dual strikes :P. Lease dangerous of the 3 IMO.

ROA Tentacle "Mom" - Uses Vaal ROA I believe. Normal ROA too.(1 is duration based, other is a normal attack)
Has a direct spike throw attack, not sure of damage type.

Boss spread black tar which deals chaos degen? on death. Make sure to kill them in corners or you will not have room to run around

Strategy used

-Desecrate before hand to get some corpses ready.

-Skele Totem to boost army size/soak up damage.

-Dps down Axe with Vulnerability curse.

-Use smoke mine to teleport minions away from his cyclone desecrate ground as it pretty much rapes them if you don't.

-Evangelist will block most of the attacks from Tentacle ROA, similar steps taken to avoid duration based ROA as the Vaal blizzard, rotate in a closewise/anticlockwise direction.

-Make sure bosses slain at corners so you have room to move about. That black tar AOE is significant so if you accidentally kill one in the middle and cannot tank its degen. You will have limited mobility on the map.

Order of boss kill: Axe > Tentacle > Dual Striker(doesnt move much and tanks all the hits)

Each boss that dies will have a different result in the battle.
Axe death > Spawns miscreations
Dual Striker death > Spawns whipped miscreations
Tentacle "Mom" death > Spawns tentacle miscreations(not an issue with evangelist shield and dual striker face tanking everything)

Phase 3: Queen Atziri
Boss attacks/moves

Normal mode
Spear throw - Single spear throw, high damage.
Aoe Spear throw - Punctures anyone that is hit by it. Low damage, but puncture will be a nuisance.

Flameblast Large - 2 huge aoe flameblast are quickly channeled. Extremely high damage. 1 hit-ko 7k hp zombies with max(75%) fire res. Even those that survive will ignite and die soon after.

Flameblast small - Small aoe flameblast. Not that high damage. Zombies will not die to a 1 shot to this attack.

Storm call yellow/red - 2 different types of storm calls, denoted by coloured markings on the ground before it hits.

4 clone mode
Flameblast - Similar to normal mode Atziri.

Storm Call - Similar to normal mode Atziri.

Physical attack - Physical spear attacks from normal mode Atziri

Mirror - Avoid this at all costs. She is usually seen "fist bumping" the air. This clone has insane reflect mechanisms. If you see an unarmed atziri that constantly fist bumps the air I would suggest not to hit her =/ (needs confirmation, but we avoided it at all costs to be safe, she was the only one not attacking/no animation)

This mode is activated every 25% of her hp I believe.

Healing mode
Atziri enters a stasis mode and cannot be damaged. Multiple slow moving miscreations are sacrificed to heal her. Kill them while you can but take note when the wave stops because she will almost immediately follow up with a Large aoe flameblast or other attack.

Strategy used

-Evangelist shields block ALL her attacks. Just sit tight and spam smoke mine if they stray too far. Ironically they will also be your main dps since zombies do not survive long enough.

-Rotate desecrate/raise zombie to keep up the dps on her. Zombies constantly die so you have to be prepared to resummon them whenever possible. A good time will be when she is in healing mode.

-During healing mode, dps should be enough to kill most of the demons. Be wary of when the wave stops as you have to go a certain distance and smoke mine those evangelist to you.

-Skele totem was used in this fight to add a buffer/delay to resummon zombies in dire situations.

About 1000+ zombies were harmed during the production of this post. :P

EDIT:
Solo run on standard league with much better gear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/844528
Last edited by KenXtreme on Mar 18, 2014, 4:53:44 PM
You hella Bauss
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Companion gear:

Last edited by Alpha_X on Mar 15, 2014, 6:30:40 PM
gratz dude u succeded the ultimate boss with cheap gears .atleast u should have recorded using twitch hiro. where is the passive tree dude.ya two summon skeletotem is way too op .awesome explanation .some ppl with 999ex gears cant kill that bitch but with around less than 1ex u rocked the boss congratz to both of u
Hope I didnt miss out any details. Feel free to ask anything if need be.

"
gokulnath wrote:
gratz dude u succeded the ultimate boss with cheap gears .atleast u should have recorded using twitch hiro. where is the passive tree dude.ya two summon skeletotem is way too op .awesome explanation .some ppl with 999ex gears cant kill that bitch but with around less than 1ex u rocked the boss congratz to both of u

Thanks mate!

I would have but currently my setup is not that decent to handle both.

Plus the Atziri fight seemed super graphic intensive.. Especially after her 3rd healing phase. The amount of exploded corpse particles is too damn high! Seems that the massive amount of corpses together with the "bombed corpses" from flesh offering was extremely laggy D:
ill probabaly visit this thread again in a week when my solo summoner is ready to challenge her. grats OP
Wait, Evangelists can block Flameblast? I could agree on rest of the attacks but not this. Strange really.

Gz anyway but it seems like more of a one-time achievement if it involves several passive changes during run to succeed.
GZ, most impressive.
Summoner Witch is my main Chara in PoE and with Level 85 my most advanced. However, I play solo/self found and I would never try to conquer Atziri. I have to much desyncs for these kind of bosses and with Minions to much stuff happens on screen too. It's sad but at least it seems to be possible to kill her with an Summoner, even if it needs alot additional skills and strategies.
What Spectres besides Evangelists are recommended?
Gratz on the kill.

I hope to get there one day.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Nice job of you and your evangelists :)

p.s. Maybe could try Bone Offering to block some of spells in fight 3?
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info