Atziri Kill as a Summoner/Ambush League (Success!)

"
Stt3r0 wrote:
evangelists block the aoe? Then any ranged can just roll over this fight ... how hard is to get 1 spectre with increased duration and faster casting?

Problem with them is, they move pretty fast and it's not easy to stay under their shield. AND they cause horrible desyncs, at least for me. I was not able yet to kill Temple Piety without dying, even under Evangelist Shields (again, desync hell).
And of course the shield is not up 100% of the time, even with increased duration and it is useless if the enemy is also under the shield. So Increased AoE should be used carefuly.
"
Subxeno wrote:
Congrats on the kill :D

I've been trying to farm the fragments myself to give her a shot, where do you guys go to get yours? I've just been running around random places like Docks/City of Sarn/Sceptre of God hoping to get lucky...Is there a better method?

Thanks, we farmed for our fragments at city of sarn. Reasons being:

1. The area is relatively small and you could quickly remake an instance if there isn't any corrupted area
2. The boss of the corrupted area in city of sarn is considered manageable for us and thus we are able to kill it fast. However the bosses may differ in difficulty for each individual & build.
Congratulations!

My summoner will never even attempt but I'm very happy to see that a summoner (or even 2) can do it.

"
So to counter this we respecced into CI to avoid this chaos degen.

*sigh*

One other thought. The debuff to undying evangelists is coming. Enjoy them while you can.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
Congratulations!

My summoner will never even attempt but I'm very happy to see that a summoner (or even 2) can do it.

"
So to counter this we respecced into CI to avoid this chaos degen.

*sigh*

One other thought. The debuff to undying evangelists is coming. Enjoy them while you can.

Already tried solo on my standard league summoner.

Stacked chaos resist to a whopping 68%!!! Was able to walk through the tar without insta-gibbing. :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/844528

But well, if evangelists are really gonna get the debuff, guess no more atziri runs for me :(
i don't _know_ of course, but it seems likely.

Gz and thanks for the information.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
plasticeyes wrote:

If Evangelist are debuffed it means two things.

1. GGG has nerfed the mechanic that makes Evangelists an interesting encounter for ranged characters (Proximity Shield). This affects all players, not just summoners.

2. Flame Sentinels become the dominant specter (they already deal higher DPS).
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
all nerfable by simply making sure that buffs don't work.

remove the ability of increased duration to extend bubble time.
remove the ability of conc effect to work on their attacks etc...

in fact, i should probably stop giving them ideas.

they simply nerf the supports just as they did for BM and minion life. AND THAT WAS A MINION SUPPORT GEM.

it's just a matter of time.

anyway. doesn't matter. right now, a summoner _can_ do it. and that's cool.

especially considering my summoner just died twice in a level 68 map and probably has better gear than the guy who just beat atziri. that's _really_ cool.

the most disappointing thing to me is that it looks like your summoner _must_ be CI. Which means I'll never even attempt because it's far too late for me to go CI.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
especially considering my summoner just died twice in a level 68 map and probably has better gear than the guy who just beat atziri. that's _really_ cool.

I know my ambush summoner has better gear than was used, and I would not dream of engaging Atziri at this point in time.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i don't _know_ of course, but it seems likely.

Summoner is the last build I use, all others are more or less dead by nerf. If GGG also nerfs these fun Summoner builds, I quit.
Still don't know why the players themselfs always cry for nerfs for every thing that may be bring some FUN in PoE. Sad thing is, GGG instant listens to these people, that's why BM's were nerfed, various Uniques etc.
Who cares except the Mobs in PoE if you can kill them a little bit easier? Or is this always and only about PvP and players just don't want to have opponents with to mighty skills/mechanics?

I just don't understand this behaviour. I'm happy for every little "OP" mechanic I can find just to stay a little bit longer alife in this unforgiving game. (Solo/self found by the way).

And then people wonder, why more and more users stop playing PoE. I thought PoE is meant to be FUN, not punishing.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Mar 18, 2014, 7:36:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info