Atziri Kill as a Summoner/Ambush League (Success!)

Does smoke mine move your minions?
"
Heartsease wrote:
Nice job of you and your evangelists :)

p.s. Maybe could try Bone Offering to block some of spells in fight 3?

Bone offering would be decent if you're solo-ing the boss. But since we're in a pair it is easy resummon. 1 guy desecrate*3 and the other spams raise zombie.

Also during the fight I noticed her attacks followed a certain pattern. She will use each attack about 1 time, with the exception of the small flameblast.

Eg. After healing mode > Big flameblast > storm call > puncture spears > small flameblast > storm call > small flameblast. (Might be in a different order but similar to this)

During this period of massive aoe abilities we were spamming smoke mine and stacking everything under the evangelist shields. After the chain of attacks she will not attack that aggressively for a while then we can dps her during that period. Most zombies alive if the smoke mine spam done correctly.

"
Waves_blade wrote:
Does smoke mine move your minions?

Smoke mine teleports you and your minions/totems to your mine when detonated. Very good skill to "unstuck" minions or get them where you want them to be.
awesome job doing it as a summoner.

I'm actually respeccing after 90 achieve into flameblast since summoners seem so gimp against this instance.

Are the vaal/trio enemies immune to burn? I should have enough spell block + hp/mom + leech to withstand atziri however fighting 3 bosses at once is a pain, if I can channel a 30k flameblast + 10 second burn they should be fine.
gg :)
@GrimBandit
Great to see it is possible, but is it really? You had a party, had to respec your build, no that is not a good boss design. Build check bosses are the worst (even worse than gear check ones), especially in a game marketed for build diversity. Atziri is a fail, more so than dominus was (since there it was just a technical issue of low fps that they refuse to adress and a a bit of a gear check).
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Great to see it is possible, but is it really? You had a party, had to respec your build, no that is not a good boss design. Build check bosses are the worst (even worse than gear check ones), especially in a game marketed for build diversity. Atziri is a fail, more so than dominus was (since there it was just a technical issue of low fps that they refuse to adress and a a bit of a gear check).

Personally I feel that it was more of a gear check rather than build check. This early in the league I did not have the currency to buy/craft decent gear. As a result I lacked in chaos resist and HP.

Prior to my respec, I had only about ~2k hp with ~3k mana with MOM, lvl 18 AA. Chaos resist was at -20%. Most hits were negated by armour + AA combo but degen was a real pain.

The main weakness of my build was Degen as it ignored MOM and dealt the full damage on HP.

So I kinda took the easy way out and went CI. Since EB and CI gear depend heavily on ES gear, I felt that I would not lose out too much if I went CI.

Turned out it was a much easier way to hard counter my main weakness while still maintaining the core skills. Though it could have been done by using X exalts and buying really good gear =/.

But all in all, it feels more rewarding to defeat a boss using whatever I had rather than steamrolling with BIS gear. Though Evangelists took out most of the difficulty :P /hyprocite
How many in your party and what were their builds? Nevermind I see both summoners. Congrats.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Mar 16, 2014, 4:37:31 AM
Topic insinuates you did it solo. Even the first few sentences allude to such. "Blah blah blah, oh but you'll need a buddy for auras. :)"

Whatever. Might as well have done it in a 6 person party.

Grats on beating her, but meh. Don't mislead people in your post.
"
Tonuk wrote:
Topic insinuates you did it solo. Even the first few sentences allude to such. "Blah blah blah, oh but you'll need a buddy for auras. :)"

Whatever. Might as well have done it in a 6 person party.

Grats on beating her, but meh. Don't mislead people in your post.

such mad jelly, just be happy for them what the hell ?
I do wonder if a 20Q minion life/zombie can survive the flameblast. It sounds like the fight isn't a lot of fun having to re-summon the minions constantly. The evangelist shield sounds like a bug but I pray it's not because that sounds like the only reasonable way to beat the fight.

I see a few curses there between the two of you. Was Enfeeble the main go-to for her? Relates back to one shot zombie kills, was that with Enfeeble or without? Also were you specced into Minion Instability? That would essentially knock off 30% of their health. I've been thinking of going triple curse, enfeeble/temporal chains/vulnerability, with rejuventation totem, possibly vitality, in hopes the life leech and delay of her attacks from temporal chains would be enough for them to regen back to full/a safe zone. Maybe dual desecrate totems (each totem gets 3 charges) to create a mass of corpses for Bone/Flesh Offering to maintain the spell block/damage -> leech.

It sounds like the fight might be doable solo as a summoner with every +minion health item you can get your hands on.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info