Cast when damage taken (enduring cry + immortal call)

"
Shppy wrote:
"
Trigger gems are just a "free" bonus defense. You can't rely on them to save you from bad situations.

The most reliable option is two 2Ls with Enduring Cry + Spell Echo and Immortal Call + Increased Duration. You have to cast them manually, but you get much more benefit from your links this way.

I second this, I tried various triggers for EC and IC (including trying CoMK, which was kinda neat but not great versus bosses, unless they spawn minions), but I've always found that at the very least casting Immortal Call manually is best. Takes a little bit of time and costs some mana, but it's way easier to make sure it triggers when you want it so that you can be sure to rely on it.

Enduring Cry isn't bad to have attached to a trigger, but it can be a little iffy for building up enough charges for a meaningful IC or making sure the charges don't expire. I prefer to manually cast it, but triggering it is fine too.
against hard bosses, absolutely agree

at very least you have to self-cast EC

if you invest in endurance charges, and their duration, you can automate a really high level CWDT (lvl 18-19). it will trigger rarely and give a huge duration that will allow you to strategically recast ec when you want.
Last edited by grepman on Dec 9, 2014, 12:28:28 AM
"
Lenox2288 wrote:
Why not get max level gems on these setups? I don't understand why it's advantageous to keep them low level.

So they trigger as often as possible.

A low level CwDT cannot support high level spells.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Necros are for D2 rawr!
"
Kwonryu wrote:
"
Lenox2288 wrote:
Why not get max level gems on these setups? I don't understand why it's advantageous to keep them low level.

So they trigger as often as possible.

A low level CwDT cannot support high level spells.

How on earth was it possible to find such an old thread to necro?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info