Cast when damage taken (enduring cry + immortal call)

Hi!

I need some advice how leveling CWDT with immotal call. I have two setups:

In weapon: CWDT (lvl4) - Immortal call (lvl5) - Increase Duration (high-lvl)
In boots: CWDT(lvl1)-Enduring Cry (lvl5)-Enfeeble (lvl5)-Molten Shell (lvl7)

I have 7 enduring charges. If I jump in a huge pack of mobs, then my enduring charge can goes up 6 or 7 then immortal call discharge it, it's good. But, if I'm fighting for a boss my charges never higher then 2. My question is that it's worth to level higher my second CWDT with immortal call to get more charges or I won't have 4 sec to one more enduring cry to cast?

For example:
cwdt lvl1(with enduring cry): I get 440 dmg, get 1-2 charges
cwdt lvl7(with immortal call): I get 880 dmg, will I have more charges?

Thanks!
Last edited by Pethy on Mar 14, 2014, 5:41:20 AM
It's worth it to level a 2nd CWDT to a higher level so you can add Molten Shell as 4th link. Low MS = waste. High MS = another source of dmg mitigation.
the question is, do you really need to use that immortal call when you take a tiny 5hp hit? or that elemental spell hit? (the hit that pushes you over 880 damage taken) or would you be better off with 7 endurance charges?

Some clues:
- immortal call only stops physical damage
- only signifigant physical damage can stun you
- the only damage worth being immune to is signifigant physical damage

see where i'm going with this?

use CWDT-enduring cry and CWS-immortal call

you'll build up and maintain 7 charges on all non-life threatening damage, yet if you get hit by a big hit and get stunned you'll trigger the immunity (long lasting immunity because you'll have 7 endurance charges built up)

PS - CWS also lets you level up gems attached to it, such as high level molten shell and high level immortal call

best combination in the game
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Mar 14, 2014, 11:06:06 AM
"
demivion wrote:
the question is, do you really need to use that immortal call when you take a tiny 5hp hit? or that elemental spell hit? (the hit that pushes you over 880 damage taken) or would you be better off with 7 endurance charges?

Some clues:

you'll build up and maintain 7 charges on all non-life threatening damage, yet if you get hit by a big hit and get stunned you'll trigger the immunity (long lasting immunity because you'll have 7 endurance charges built up)

PS - CWS also lets you level up gems attached to it, such as high level molten shell and high level immortal call

Yeah this is the best way to use it.
1x lvl 1 cwdt with enduring cry and 1x max lvl cwdt with immortal call and molten shell
Thanks guys!
I have enduring cry and immortal call with cast when damage taken but they never casts. Anyone know why?
You probably leveled EC and IC beyond the max level supported by your CwDT.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
demivion wrote:

Some clues:

good post!
At level 20, Cast When Stunned only provides 51% chance of triggering Immortal Call. There's still a chance it won't activate especially when you need it the most.
Trigger gems are just a "free" bonus defense. You can't rely on them to save you from bad situations.

The most reliable option is two 2Ls with Enduring Cry + Spell Echo and Immortal Call + Increased Duration. You have to cast them manually, but you get much more benefit from your links this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info