Armour and Weapon's Appearance

Wow armor is very cool yes. It just doesnt suit a dark game. Although their armour designs are slowly starting to go down hill if you look up teir 11 and 12.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
"
Rustychops wrote:
Wow armor is very cool yes. It just doesnt suit a dark game. Although their armour designs are slowly starting to go down hill if you look up teir 11 and 12.

You're right, the tier 11 and 12 sets do look like they are failing a bit. But they don't look to bad - tier 12 looks quite a bit better than the previous.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:
You know, a lot of people bag out on WOW and the style they use. But i'm going to be truthful and say that: I actually like the way the armour looks in WOW a lot. It is the best damned armour I have probably seen in any game. I love the huge shoulder pads and the magic protruding out of them. I like how the helms look like dragon skulls and all sorts of crazy looking demon heads.

It just looks cool and makes you look really overpowered!!! And you know what! I like that!!!

I agree...huge shoulder pads are great. And i liked it a lot in old times...but not now, when warrior has some bakery instead of shoulders ;) Just sayin my opinion.

But im pretty sure that PoE (coz of different style of graphics and stuff) won't fall like WoW nowadays. Atleast this is what i hope for, because I'm rly exited about PoE and i want to support it in every way i can.
I wanna hack'n'slash all daaaay long :)
I think when you find a new good bit of kit it must look different to your previous look. I hate games where you find a great new item and it does nothing to change your appearance.

One would hope that all major finds will enhance our appearences.
Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
"
bellabears wrote:
I think when you find a new good bit of kit it must look different to your previous look. I hate games where you find a great new item and it does nothing to change your appearance.

Couldn't agree with you more. But I wouldn't be surprised if the changes were slight; considering this falls under the cosmetic category, I would asume you could buy different skins for axes and armours etc.
I love lamp
"
jmackay wrote:
"
bellabears wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more. But I wouldn't be surprised if the changes were slight; considering this falls under the cosmetic category, I would asume you could buy different skins for axes and armours etc.

It would also be good if minor finds would also add to the appearance of the player. Have you ever seen a game, especially an ARPG, where say you equip an amulet and you can actually see it dangling around your neck... I know its pretty stupid, but that's when you can say: Shit this game is bloody detailed!

I just hope, please, that I don't run into to many armour or weapons that just recycle the same appearance. It's a long shot, and might not make to much of a difference, but this small feature is what adds that extra addiction and fun when exploring for loot!
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:
It would also be good if minor finds would also add to the appearance of the player. Have you ever seen a game, especially an ARPG, where say you equip an amulet and you can actually see it dangling around your neck... I know its pretty stupid, but that's when you can say: Shit this game is bloody detailed!

I just hope, please, that I don't run into to many armour or weapons that just recycle the same appearance. It's a long shot, and might not make to much of a difference, but this small feature is what adds that extra addiction and fun when exploring for loot!

I'm totally with you ;) Even "minor" changes of appearance , when you loot some new things COUNTS! :P Of course i meant by changing almost similiar items ;)

In case of really rare drops..like set items or something, i just hope it'll look glorious and gorgeous! ..like my character want so say : "Hey, im boss here!" :P hehe.

About that earrings,necklace stuff...thats pretty interesting idea, but i don't think so that many ppl would value this. It would take a lot of work, just imagine that details...
I wanna hack'n'slash all daaaay long :)
"
Conano wrote:
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

I'm totally with you ;) Even "minor" changes of appearance , when you loot some new things COUNTS! :P Of course i meant by changing almost similiar items ;)

In case of really rare drops..like set items or something, i just hope it'll look glorious and gorgeous! ..like my character want so say : "Hey, im boss here!" :P hehe.

About that earrings,necklace stuff...thats pretty interesting idea, but i don't think so that many ppl would value this. It would take a lot of work, just imagine that details...

Yeah... I was over-exaggerating with the amulet detail lol. But you get what I mean, just have a good variety of different looks with boots, gloves, chest plates, etc...
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
How about some armor like Kingdom Under Fire? I think every character in that game has a certain comparison to the characters in PoE.

Kendal could be used as a model to the Templar
http://images.wikia.com/kingdomunderfire/images/b/b8/Kuftc-human004.jpg

Also Regnier looks like the Marauder
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6571/2004122150015912je.jpg

I know they have big shoulders but this is just demonstrate some armors that would fit in the game without the glows and sparkles that you see in almost every MMORPG these days...
Last edited by Madbreather on Aug 22, 2011, 1:33:29 PM
Armor needs to be simple yet creative.

WoW caters to the 12 year olds and their A.D.D. with bright colors and flashy gear.

You can have great looking armor with out all that extra crap.
"This place is thick with the stench of ghouls"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info