Armour and Weapon's Appearance

Hi all, I have not found much information on this and would like to ask.

When equipping different types of armour and weapons, does the characters appearance change? For example does equipping gloves or a helm change what that characters hands and head look like? Or are their only specific types of armour that change the characters appearance.

I thought it might be good to make a preview video of one character, or all the characters, equipping different armour types and weapons just to see some of the variety in this game.

Please and Thank You.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Yup, armour changes the look of your character. Helmets, boots, gloves, chest armour, weapon, and shields all change appearance. Amulets and rings do not.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
Nor do belts.

You will find that the different lines of equipment have a certain theme, depending on the attributes it is focused on.
You know, something that worried me about this game when I saw videos and I might be wrong due to the fact that we haven't seen high-end content yet and it's far from there.... A lot of games including Diablo series and a lot of high-end MMORPG's irritate me by doing this... they will have a super powerful item that has a shitty graphic and 3D model.... I hate that, lol I understand that the low lvl stuff has to look simple, but I personally feel a lot better when I can see my character's progression in it's appearance... so why eliminate simple looks from some of the very powerful items? It's just me.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 13, 2011, 7:37:40 AM
"
bkboggy wrote:
You know, something that worried me about this game when I saw videos and I might be wrong due to the fact that we haven't seen high-end content yet and it's far from there.... A lot of games including Diablo series and a lot of high-end MMORPG's irritate me by doing this... they will have a super powerful item that has a shitty graphic and 3D model.... I hate that, lol I understand that the low lvl stuff has to look simple, but I personally feel a lot better when I can see my character's progression in it's appearance... so why eliminate simple looks from some of the very powerful items? It's just me.

In the Alpha (and some of Beta), we are sharing item icons/models between items until the rest are finished. Once they're all in, the high level ones will look sufficiently awesome.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Awesome, I'm glad you guys have taken that into consideration. I'm sure you know what I meant by that post. I've had several lvl 85's in WoW that had some of the very powerful items that looked... god... I'd rather wear lower lvl stuff that looked better, lol
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
ditto on bkboggy's point visual progression for me is more important the stat progression, in torchlight i deliberatly didn't equip awesome spec'd gear due to its look.

Do we know if vanity items are in the game? especially with weapons, if i want to play a 2H hammer wielder but only have good 2H swords i'd like it if they could look like hammers.
Last edited by Seoh28 on Jul 13, 2011, 8:08:03 AM
Id rather not have wow style god armours >.>

Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Jul 13, 2011, 8:09:08 AM
I'm more of medieval look kind of guy, and seems that so far all the items look like that in this game. But I'd rather have lvl 1 character to look like a peasant and a lvl 90 character to look like a full plate armor knight.... as an example. Some of those WoW items looked ridiculous and cheesy. I liked a lvl 40 item that dropped from one of the dungeons... Strat? It was a blue kite shield with golden rim and two swords crossing over it. Looked simple, slick, medieval and awesome. I liked it over anything else I've ever found in that game.
"
Seoh28 wrote:
ditto on bkboggy's point visual progression for me is more important the stat progression, in torchlight i deliberatly didn't equip awesome spec'd gear due to its look.

Do we know if vanity items are in the game? especially with weapons, if i want to play a 2H hammer wielder but only have good 2H swords i'd like it if they could look like hammers.

That would kinda be like... really cheap for pvp. Ill make sure to abuse it if its implemented : P
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Jul 13, 2011, 8:29:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info