The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

Cool, all the PVPenis will filter into this league & swordfight ;) Does that mean an end to the qq forum tears? probably not but worth a shot.
BLAMT!
Might check it out, but I'll probably lose interest within 30 minutes. But it might be a step towards more interesting optional leagues, *cough* self found.

Also if this gtes rip of those small amount of repeating PvP whiners it can only be a good thing.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 12, 2014, 8:39:15 AM
this is freakin' awesome. Finally bringing back the Diablo 1/2 spirit. I can't wait. Just one suggestion - there is no reason to not have a hardcore cutthroat if you are going to make a softcore cutthroat league. I assure you that players who are playing HC would be more inclined to play HC CT for the same reason that they are playing in HC right now.
Suggestion:

Don't let all your gear drop. Just 1-4 randomized or something, so you can recover faster (ESPECIALLY on higher LEVELS where you HEAVILY depend on your gear).

All in all this is a great idea. I look forward to play this.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Zaqwert wrote:
Here's an idea:

Greatly increase the drop rates of everything, but make the charcters go into the void league at the end of the league, to prevent them from messing up other leagues.

This would allow players whose stuff gets taken to catch up with drops faster.

Awesome idea!

Also, to everyone saying they're not interested in pvp, why are you even posting here? this is not for you.

I second that Idea, get lost pvp haters!
"
monto01 wrote:
Additional ideas to:
http://4x.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1owh3o/how_to_make_long_term_cutthroat_work/

Skillgems dont drop:
If your items which contains your skillgems drop they are automatically removed and placed on a special stash tab.

I think it would be more fun if half of the gems also drop randomly when one is killed. Not all, but also not none. It would increase the adrenaline of dead.
I like, and therefore only play, co-op games. I like helping others and having others help me.

[rant] There are no hard feelings, no "I'm out for revenge," no "want's in it for me" when folks work together toward a common goal. When I'm in group, I don't grab up gear just to grab it. I don't want to steal gear anyone's gear just for spite or, for, that matter, any other reason. And I don't have the childish need to kill off other players just so I can feel good about myself. My self-worth comes from a completely different source. And because it comes from a completely different source, I can pass up gear. That is, if I don't need a piece of gear that drops and that is better off in the hands of another character class, I leave it alone and if I'm in a permanent allocation party, I will give it to that player. Folks who like to grab up gear just to grab it can play with a bunch 10 years old because that's what they are acting like. [/rant]

If this was to be made a permanent non-optional/mandatory part of the game across all leagues, you've lost me as a supporter PoE. Thank you for making and keeping it optional.
Cooooooooooooooool!
You won't have my gear.
I love where you guys are headed with this.

Suggestions:

1. Ears or some other form of kill trophy visible in game and on the forum.
2. Longer duration leagues once all the kinks are ironed out. It would be cool to have the league reset the first of every month. You could post ear counts for the players to show who has the most kills, highest level, etc each "season" and also offer some type of reward to the top players. Maybe some in game skins to show off in the following seasons.
Looks good so far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info