[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

Could this build run with Low-life?
using redbeak for dmg boost and wondertraps for IR?
"
garthhey wrote:
Could this build run with Low-life?
using redbeak for dmg boost and wondertraps for IR?

You would have to give up EB which in turn means you have to give up AA, unless you can find gears with high +max mana/mana reg and not to mention, you would need a shav or solaris as well
I am combining this build with Grave intentions Flame witch build in the witch section.

That build specifically focuses on low life but I wanted to play a scion as I recently unlocked her.

I have opted for the energy shield points rather than life points. Pain attunement is a huge boost. I am level 41 and have made the change to low life by using clarity level 8.

In boss fights I need to kite well and be mindful of chargers, jumpers and chaos ranged dudes.

My current gear is below

Spoiler

I am by no means optimised so I would appreciate any ideas and in put. my current build is below

God willingly I will find a Shavs else I will buy a solaris with my currency that I farmed... I hope.
^ Garth, that looks quite interesting, actually!

I've been chain-running maps up to 77 over the past few days (approaching level 90, finally), and I'm really happy with how the "Blue version" of the build is working out. Will buy 78 maps if I haven't found any by 90. I still believe that I can go lower on mana reg nodes (really only relevant after level 80ish), but I have yet to test this with level 23+ AA.

The only real issue with Flame Totems is how fragile they can be with some map mods or map bosses. Quality definitely helps, though I don't feel it's a priority. "Drop on mob" spam works well enough. It's mostly obscene amounts of elemental damage (Temple Piety, for example) or the machine-gun fire by miscreations (which the character herself is mostly immune to, thanks to AA) that are bothersome.

I also find once more than dual curses aren't overly important. I use them, but not often. For the most part Elemental Weakness takes care of everything and mobs melt quickly even without Flammability on top. (This is with a quality Elemental Weakness.)
I'd actually drop the 2 int nodes up there in the tree and take the 3 cast interruption ones instead. The reason is that it contains one that gives you +20dex/str. And a char that is low on equipment with bonus stats will need these.
STR isn't really a problem. The build is short of DEX, but not hugely so, and if gear can't compensate (it's not been a problem for me on my three characters that use this build), I'm not sure I'd want to spend three points on essentially 20 DEX. You can get 10 for each point by following the main line by the Totem Zeal cluster (down by Sentinel) or the 10 DEX point by Shamanistic Fury. But gear should really be sufficient, especially now with masters being able to add heaps of DEX on items.

I added this to the guide now too, but since many other totem build omit the Ironwood cluster (lower left of the tree), I experimented a bit without it. It's workable, but especially on 76-78 maps the totems go down fast even with that cluster, and without it, they die really quickly. Damage is not a problem, however, so I feel more comfortable with the Ironwood cluster and recommend keeping it. In one guide, I saw the recommendation for Cybil's Paw, but that's such performance drop (less dps, less casting speed, no projectile speed) in exchange for the totems leeching life that this isn't a route I want to take.

The fire nodes at the center top of the tree are very attractive, though, so if someone is fine with their mana and mana regeneration and can free up some of the related points, those are the nodes I would go for.

Anyway, I hit 90 with the build in softcore, with only self-found gear. So that goal is achieved. :) Dabbling a bit in HC now to do this same, but this is a long-term project. 78 maps are just fine with this build! (Better now with the AA+EB version than with the BM one, actually.)
Hello, this build is really fun. You did the great work here. I'm starting maps now with my Scion. Sadly I upgraded aura gems too much and I have little mana efficiency problems but it doesnt matter. I have a three dragons mask, cloak of defiance and windscream boots. Do you recommend any other unique pieces of gear which can make this character stronger?
I did this build also and i changed a little, went for more DPS, so far really liking it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAnEDxgQHBLMFWwYOBqAIZwn2DF8QWBDMFE0UcRZvGDwaOBpsHKcfAiSqKPopTyoTKo0rtiycLKcyNDWSNsU22DbpOlg_J0GHRKtG10kbSsRKyFOlVa5VxlnzWitdxmBtY_1khG6qcql4aYIQgpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaPppBVkzqdgJ2uogCj8qcIp4SnlKyYrKqvt7UEtfK3PriTvSfAGsau0f3YJNi92t3d89-w4XPjauQi6hjr7uw47FXtIPAf8Wz2rvcy-JP46_m9-ej-Cg==
what exactly are the defensives of this build? except for AA of course? Do you just rely on positioning to get hit as little as possible?
Thanks I'm currently leveling with a build similar to this. I find this cheap low level unique particularly useful for the totems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info