Vaal Glacial Hammer Teaser Screenshot and Recent Hotfix Patch Notes

Nice, thanks for the update!

Any info on when season 7 starts? Want to try out racing again.
Soooo it looks like we won't get any interesting skills for a while if even more developpement time goes into the useless Vaal stuff :/
"
saintshield07 wrote:
vaal should be activated by the number of times you use your skills not on how many things you killed specially they are not usable on bosses since there is not enough weak mobs.

This, or on a short timer, problem with how many time you use a skill would be that faster attack would blow it out of proportion.
Would also had liked it if it was on the "normal" gem linked and all, but the trigger wouldn't gain from the links. Its hard as it is to fit more gems into the gear.
I had hoped these vaal gems would implemented some kind of tactical on use ability, that I for one actually miss from "that other game".

Ps: how about making endurance cry give at least 2 charges vs bosses (like an boss would count as 10-20 monster?) considering frenzy, power charges ain´t effected negativity in the same way.

So to clearify:

Vaal gem should just be on the normal gem you normally would use (like you mix the desired vaal gem with your normal gem). (have a cap on how many vaal gems can be used/maybe add an passive that inc. number of vaal gems that can be used on the same time, open up new builds?)

Now the vaal gem skill get a timer (would be best, since trigger from skill use would favor fast attacks, and the function that are now doesn't work on most bosses or are reliable). And are just for the laugh a few times, and then ditched since you wont have room for em.
Last edited by mrgrin on Mar 11, 2014, 4:27:22 AM
"
Axylxys wrote:
Soooo it looks like we won't get any interesting skills for a while if even more developpement time goes into the useless Vaal stuff :/

Normally I'd disagree with this but I am slowly starting to agree. The Vaal skills are wacky and such, but they rapidly lose their usefulness as you level up. There just aren't enough gem slots to go around. By the time you hit merciless, there is no way you are still using any. If you are, you are probably gimping yourself by doing so.
This is just my opinion. I'd much rather have skills I can build around and have fun with on a regular basis than ones based on a kill counter that really aren't worth my time. Since all it does is limit the other cool things I can have on a character. Barely enough gem slots as it is.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I want Ball Lightning! Gimmie gimmie!
@KogaNox
Making glacial hammer build this time for my solo character but I'm still far from convinced of any vaal skill that could be worth keeping a socket for...
Cut the souls on Vaal Gems - Add Cooldown :)
"
mrgrin wrote:
"
saintshield07 wrote:
vaal should be activated by the number of times you use your skills not on how many things you killed specially they are not usable on bosses since there is not enough weak mobs.

This, or on a short timer, problem with how many time you use a skill would be that faster attack would blow it out of proportion.
Would also had liked it if it was on the "normal" gem linked and all, but the trigger wouldn't gain from the links. Its hard as it is to fit more gems into the gear.
I had hoped these vaal gems would implemented some kind of tactical on use ability, that I for one actually miss from "that other game".

Ps: how about making endurance cry give at least 2 charges vs bosses (like an boss would count as 10-20 monster?) considering frenzy, power charges ain´t effected negativity in the same way.

So to clearify:

Vaal gem should just be on the normal gem you normally would use (like you mix the desired vaal gem with your normal gem). (have a cap on how many vaal gems can be used/maybe add an passive that inc. number of vaal gems that can be used on the same time, open up new builds?)

Now the vaal gem skill get a timer (would be best, since trigger from skill use would favor fast attacks, and the function that are now doesn't work on most bosses or are reliable). And are just for the laugh a few times, and then ditched since you wont have room for em.

My vote for ideal Vaal gems is this:

1. Vaal gems act as their conventional counterparts when not charged. No need to waste an extra slot. This would make it so there's no real downside to using Vaal gems.

2. Vaal gems receive a variable amount of souls based on the rarity of the enemy. White mobs grant one, Blues grant two, Rares grant three to five, and Unique enemies would grant ten. This would greatly improve the pacing of Vaal skills and make big kills feel more satisfying. The old amount of souls needed would likely need to be reinstated to account for faster gaining of souls.

3. Currently, you collect Vaal gems much too quickly. This is thanks to the Vessels only being able to drop map pieces or Vaal gems. I'd recommend adding Vaal Orbs as a possible drop, to slow the rate we get gems by at least a little bit. Another possible drop from Vessels could be a spray of corrupted items, showcasing the strange properties while only providing something actually useful every once in a while.

Now, any of these changes on their own would be an improvement, but all would be amazing.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome expansion and new Leagues :) so much fun!
there really should be a method (besides kills) that reduces the CD. Like CD reduction on critical hit or whatever
See my stats: http://poestatistics.com/users/wiraqucha/
Seems not updated for whatever reason: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=265406
Discontinued profile: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=40468

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info