[v1.7] 39k+ DPS with INFERNAL BLOW, +239% life, +6.8% regen, +145% armor, TRIPLE curses + blinds!

"
fae76 wrote:
Is it just me or did playing melee actually get harder since 0.11? I'm leveling a new toon and every 2nd hit stuns me. 1500 max live (+130% live @lvl 49, on my way to more) this seems quite strange to me. My armor is mediocre at best (~30% reduction) but resistances are all > 70%

Im not entirely sure, but I thought the stun threshold had something to do with the maximum life. Or more accurately - sorta similar to shocks. There is a threshold for damage (% of your max life) that enemies need to deal in physical damage, in order to stun. This would explain what you are encountering.
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
Last edited by nocebo on Jun 11, 2013, 11:27:40 AM
"
nocebo wrote:
Im not entirely sure, but I thought the stun threshold had something to do with the maximum life. Or more accurately - sorta similar to shocks. There is a threshold for damage (% of your max life) that enemies need to deal in physical damage, in order to stun. This would explain what you are encountering.

Except they also scaled down the damage monsters deal, so that as a percentage of your health globe (and thus for the purposes of stun threshold) it should be about the same.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jun 11, 2013, 4:13:35 PM
Whoa... closing 95k views on this guide!

Wish I had similar listens on my tunes (soundtrackish/soundscapish) on Soundcloud!

...and as this is nothing but a shameful advertise, be sure to check it out!

Artifex 28 @ Soundcloud

P.S. Erotic picture of me there as well!
Last edited by nocebo on Jun 13, 2013, 6:30:24 PM
"
nocebo wrote:
P.S. Erotic picture of me there as well!

I was going to click, but then I got scared. O_o
Hahah! It's not that scary. :p
Remember my build variation I posted on page 39?

My toon has level 61 now and the build works quit well. There are a couple of learnings I would like to share with you guys.

- being able to chill mobs is a great additional defense. Mobs suffering form chill and Temporal Chains attack and move so slowly its a joke. It's a very crowd control.

- chilling mobs offers the option to drop Temporal Chains and go for Enfeeble or Critical Weakness instead.

- Glacial Hammer with Elemental Proliferation is a great way to deal with Elemental Reflect mobs. Simply attack the boss and watch how Elemental Proliferation freezes every mob around without reflecting damage (if you crit, they burn but DoT is not reflected).

- My build so far does not use Endurance Charges. This is something I definitively have to change. The loss in survivability is simply to big. I sometimes struggle to land the first hit. If mobs hit me first I get stunned which interrupts my attack. Because 2H attacks are generally slow the possibility that another mob hits first is high. If I get surrounded I can get stunned so many times that it becomes hard to land a hit. Luckily this is never a stun-lock and I am still able to move. I then have to disengage and re-engage which is annoying. Once I land a hit and the chilling/freezing kicks in I'm fine and can easily stand in the middle of big packs many times without taking additional damage.

- It is doable to play on Mana but I can run into Mana shortages (using 2 mana pots). Blood Magic is way more convenient. To freeze mobs with Infernal Blow I need Hatred and this is why I decided against Blood Magic. However I might drop Hatred. Usually chilling is enough and when I really need the occasional freeze I can always swap to Glacial Hammer for a hit or two. The Freeze duration with Glacial Hammer is normally more than 2 seconds, enough to land more attacks and kill the pack or to disengage or heal. Maybe after investing more passive points into inc crit multiplier it will be possible to freeze without Hatred as well.

- Actually neither critical hits nor Hatred are required to benefit form chill. I found a pair of unique gloves named Hrimsorrow. They do convert 25% of physical damage into cold. With them Infernal Blow does enough cold damage to chill mobs for a useful time. I tested this with my toon that follows the OPs build and I think they would be a valuable addition to OPs build at least if one is willing to use Elemental Proliferation (of course dps will be lower, at least without crit).

edit:
- Contrary to my fears, accuracy is not an issue so far. I do have some gear with +accuracy though. My chance to hit has been >90% while leveling There were two exceptions: One at the very beginning and the second around lvl40 where it drooped to 85% for 1 or 2 levels.

- So far I did not invest heavily in crit chance or crit damage (only 3 points into Pure Brutality cluster) which gives me 15% crit chance. I feel I freeze regularly and when I do, its normally long enough to kill the pack before mobs unfreeze.

- I'm not using Elemental Equilibrium so far. This is only noticeable while fighting mobs with elemental resistance. Otherwise I'm one- or two-shooting most tight mob-packs.
Last edited by fae76 on Jun 17, 2013, 10:06:00 AM
Been playing Rift lately. Free 2 play, but seems to work as well!
Nice build, im going to start a char but in hardcore, do you think is viable? Im also like to know if you would change anithing in the build, like adding Multistrike or meelesplash. or maybe not going to elemntal equilibrium but going to Iron reflexes since the latest patch armor is more important.

Hope you can help me out,

Thank You,

Ngbaka
"
Ngbaka wrote:
Nice build, im going to start a char but in hardcore, do you think is viable? Im also like to know if you would change anithing in the build, like adding Multistrike or meelesplash. or maybe not going to elemntal equilibrium but going to Iron reflexes since the latest patch armor is more important.

Hope you can help me out,

Thank You,

Ngbaka

Could anyone help me out?
"
Ngbaka wrote:
Could anyone help me out?

Well I cannot comment on HC or Multistrike, but Melee Splash is great for this build. Single target dps suffers but my farm speed at least doubled after switching to Melee Splash.
Last edited by fae76 on Jun 21, 2013, 2:23:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info