[v1.7] 39k+ DPS with INFERNAL BLOW, +239% life, +6.8% regen, +145% armor, TRIPLE curses + blinds!

Hey guys,

I am trying to build an Infernal blow/Avatar of Fire templar. and this build seems to be a good starting point.
Would you think the build is still good as it is? or has there been any changes that affected the viability of this build. or anything that could be improved here?

any feedback is appreaciated.
I guess this is such a niche build that no one ever considered it.
anyways if you wanna comment on the viability I'm not holding you back :)
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:

You cannot follow this build. All auras other than Clarity are now percentage based, and even if you change up the passive tree to take all the reduced mana reservation nodes, you certainly aren't going to be able to get away with using Blood Magic unless your intention from the get-go is to do a low-life build and you the gear to support it.... assuming such a build is even possible.... you won't have any Energy Shield.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Feb 24, 2014, 1:34:21 PM
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:

You cannot follow this build. All auras other than Clarity are now percentage based, and even if you change up the passive tree to take all the reduced mana reservation nodes, you certainly aren't going to be able to get away with using Blood Magic unless your intention from the get-go is to do a low-life build and you the gear to support it.... assuming such a build is even possible.... you won't have any Energy Shield.

I see. Anyone know any good build that uses Avatar of Fire + Infernal Blow with 1H+shield?
I'll just offer my current opinion on this build. It's not a professional opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. Or many grains of salt.

First, as was already mentioned, the percentage-based nature of auras means this build can no longer effectively use any aura except Clarity, which is basically useless after you take Blood Magic (though still good for party members who eat through their mana).

Second, with the lack of auras and run-of-the-mill gear, your DPS is nothing to write home about when you party up with five other people unless one of those people has Anger on or something. This may have been mentioned already, but IB doesn't increase its damage in scale with how much monster health increases as more people join your party. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is what it is.

Third, unlike the area DPS skills most builds use, IB needs to physically connect with a target in order to do damage. This isn't much of an issue when running solo, but with five other people rolling/spinning/bashing/exploding all around you, and a smorgasbord of junk items dropping at the same time, it may be difficult to find a target to properly hit.

That said, the triple curses may have some utilities when your fellow party members are geared for dealing heavy elemental damage. If they utilize their own curses, see what they use and apply your own curses after them. Very few builds seem to use more than just one curse, so slap a Temporal Chains and Elemental Weakness on the faster enemies after one of your party members uses something like Warlord's Mark or Projectile Weakness. Fast, hard-to-hit enemies like snakes are less of a threat when they have Temporal Chains on them. Ultimately, though, I'm honestly not sure how useful curses are exactly for fellow party members whose builds are geared towards hitting fast and hard, as I've never really played a high-damage build while being in a party with a templar running this build, at least not yet.

The "blinding Arc totem" thing is interesting and can nullify the advantage of high-DPS foes (as long as nobody in your party has Unwavering Stance) and let you chip in against curse immune monsters, though I get the feeling that there's got to be a skill that affects a wider area and hit more enemies than Arc. Any suggestions?
if u could post a update
by anyy chance

maybe also ur opinion bout dual wield daedys the fire dmg 1h axe
or 1h shield with ur skillbuild? lil optimized obviously
I am wondering if you had time to figure out if your :: [v1.7] 39k+ DPS with INFERNAL BLOW, +239% life, +6.8% regen, +145% armor, TRIPLE curses + blinds! :: build is still working afther this new patch / expansion ... from 5 march 2014 .

And Why is it that when I click the skill tree links from first page / page 1 it shows the link page but to many of the skills are not used over there . ?
Ghastly_Gannet summed it well there.

I haven't played Path of Exile for more than a year now, so this build is certainly outlived.

I cannot update it, as I have no idea of the current game status and got no time to play the game at this point!

...maybe one day! :)
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
Im alive!
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info