[v1.7] 39k+ DPS with INFERNAL BLOW, +239% life, +6.8% regen, +145% armor, TRIPLE curses + blinds!

"
fae76 wrote:

What I start to miss in this build is mobility. 3 curses, Molten Shell, Enduring Cry, Arc-Totem and Infernal Blow fill up all quick slots (I prefer to keep the LMB for move only) so there is no quick slot left for Lightning Warp or Leap Slam. Sometimes this would be very useful. Yesterday for example I encountered a room full of skeleton mages and 3 Necros. I could not get to the Necros because the other mobs kept blocking the entrance and got resurrected nearly as fast as I could kill them.

There isn't anything to resurrect, when you explode the corpses with infernal blow.

One of the pros of the build. :)
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
"
nocebo wrote:

There isn't anything to resurrect, when you explode the corpses with infernal blow.

One of the pros of the build. :)

For some reason not all the bodies explode all the time. But your right nevertheless! Probably I was using my alt weapon with Heavy Strike, this would also explain why it took so long. Maybe I should go to bed a lot earlier ;-)

A mobility skill would still be nice tough.

I'm surprised how extremely efficient Temporal Chains combined with Blind is. Right now I'm level 57 and farming Fellshrine merciless. My gear sucks big time (16% phy reduction, 16% evasion, -3/3/23 resists). This combo and the 4 endurance charges is what keeps me alive, well most of the time at least (groups of rare archers are really deadly).

How do you deal with desync? Since IB is a single target skill I'm often ending up in the middle of mobs even tough I attacked one at the border of the group. I think what happens is that the right mob gets hit, but on the server side the mob I'm attacking is actually somewhere else and then my toon first moves to wherever the server thinks my target is :-S
Do you experience this too? Do you shift-click? I tried shift-clicking, but miss a lot.
Last edited by fae76 on Jun 2, 2013, 2:51:54 PM
"
fae76 wrote:
For some reason not all the bodies explode all the time. But your right nevertheless!

Infernal blow only destroys the corpse if the target explodes - not if the target is killed by some other guy's explosion and does not himself explode. If you're not using melee splash, that means you destroy only one corpse at a time. If you are using melee splash you will destroy lots of corpses, but the radius on the explosion is larger than on the melee splash, so you will still generate some corpses farther away from you.

"
A mobility skill would still be nice tough.

I can't stand to play without one personally. It is what made me quit playing my puncher.

"
I'm surprised how extremely efficient Temporal Chains combined with Blind is. Right now I'm level 57 and farming Fellshrine merciless. My gear sucks big time (16% phy reduction, 16% evasion, -3/3/23 resists). This combo and the 4 endurance charges is what keeps me alive, well most of the time at least (groups of rare archers are really deadly).

Temporal chains is great for ranged characters. Generally speaking for melee characters enfeeble is better. It synergizes very well with armor and endurance charges.
"
fae76 wrote:

How do you deal with desync? Since IB is a single target skill I'm often ending up in the middle of mobs even tough I attacked one at the border of the group. I think what happens is that the right mob gets hit, but on the server side the mob I'm attacking is actually somewhere else and then my toon first moves to wherever the server thinks my target is :-S
Do you experience this too? Do you shift-click? I tried shift-clicking, but miss a lot.

Those two together are both proper debuffs indeed!

I haven't really suffered from desync... lucky me, I guess?

Yes, and I do shift-click.
"
nocebo wrote:
I haven't really suffered from desync... lucky me, I guess?

Yes, and I do shift-click.

Lucky indeed. It happens all the time to me. Regularly Molten Shell's explosion center is not on the center of the screen but a couple of cm off, sometimes 1/4 of the screen. Same for Infernal Blow mobs half a screen away explode, but not the ones directly in front of me. I'm not sure if this is server load related because when I check my latency with F1 it's very rarely above 50ms...

By the way, to trigger Elemental Equilibrium I'm back to Arc. It's much more reliable to blind than Ice Nova.
"
fae76 wrote:

By the way, to trigger Elemental Equilibrium I'm back to Arc. It's much more reliable to blind than Ice Nova.

...yeap! :D
Curious to see how the 0.11 patch is effecting the build.

More damage, armor getting buffed, but then again you will lose 3% max resists...then again reflect is 2% less than it was (18% from 20%).
Last edited by nocebo on Jun 5, 2013, 10:18:24 PM
nocebo, two questions. My apologies if you've already answered them, but I didn't see them discussed too in-depth in the thread.

1. Given the slight decrease in survivability and slight increase in damage with the newest patch, and also given that this build already has damage almost to excess, do you think switching elemental weakness for enfeeble would be a good plan for toughness?

2. Do you stand by 1 passive point for the bandit reward in cruel? I'm inclined to agree with you there as the two newly revamped options (18% physical damage and 8% attack speed) don't overly benefit a build already doing excessive damage, however I wanted to see if the values being tweaked by 33-50% changed your mind.

Thanks.
I want to folow IB + Splash build. There are 2 paths to folow it seems (both with life and life regen). Builds and questions are:

1. Pure physical 2h mace. To pick up only passives that increase physical damage with 2h maces, meelee and attack speed with those. And some fire and radius close by.

2. Ignoring physical damage nodes (most) and only taking fire and such nodes.

What is better of those? Or some mix of two?

PS. I have doubts if explosion is really needed above 20% mobs life especially with Splash gem. You will damage few mobs for a lot more with physical damage nodes only and such and they when 1st one explodes they will all explode to death and chain explosions. With improved radius from quality + passives I think that will suffice. But maybe Im wrong.

Or it will be equal with fire build to raise 50% fire portion + explosion.

Can someone please explain those differencies with above so I can finally stop researching on this subject and actually go to play the game. I cant play now cause I used full respec and cant use any of my gems so I cant continue playing before I fill up some of my passive tree :)

PSS. What are essential keystones and must-use passives to this kind of build (for better choise from above)?

Thanks in advance
"
Chadsius wrote:
nocebo, two questions. My apologies if you've already answered them, but I didn't see them discussed too in-depth in the thread.

1. Given the slight decrease in survivability and slight increase in damage with the newest patch, and also given that this build already has damage almost to excess, do you think switching elemental weakness for enfeeble would be a good plan for toughness?

2. Do you stand by 1 passive point for the bandit reward in cruel? I'm inclined to agree with you there as the two newly revamped options (18% physical damage and 8% attack speed) don't overly benefit a build already doing excessive damage, however I wanted to see if the values being tweaked by 33-50% changed your mind.

Thanks.

Greetings, Chadsius.

As I've pointed earlier, I haven't played PoE since mid March or so. My knowledge of the game, is outdated to say at the least...

To your questions!

1) Yes, I suppose you could swap elemental weakness for enfeeble. I probably would do that in hardcore myself. Although if you are forming a stable party you are constantly playing with, there should be every single curse around anyways.

2) The 8% attack speed would most probably give the highest DPS output, but then again we are coming back to the question #1 - is it really necessary?

I have no idea of the new, reworked passive skill tree. It all comes to that - will you gain something better? Will you get increased survivability with the last passive point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info