[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

"
thundrim wrote:
I have a few chests i cant decide between, but is belly of the beast 6 link viable for late endgame maps and atziri?

Sure, it's viable, I used to use a rare 6L chest, so pretty much any chest is good, Belly, Coil or Carcass have obviously some good stats for melee builds.
Did you guys see the unique gems that grant +4 range when unarmed, another that adds 5-10 phys damage per buff and the one that increase aoe range by 22%?

Seems FB cyclone will have now best range (8 with this gem vs 7 on 2h axe). Will you include this in tree or did not tried yet?
"
Asag wrote:
Did you guys see the unique gems that grant +4 range when unarmed, another that adds 5-10 phys damage per buff and the one that increase aoe range by 22%?

Seems FB cyclone will have now best range (8 with this gem vs 7 on 2h axe). Will you include this in tree or did not tried yet?

thats on the beta -> they will prob change that :/
"
Asag wrote:

Those jewels are insane, but yea, plan is to include the better jewels on the tree, although I assume they will be pricey at first.
Hey! So I'm just comming back and I remember testing stuff about this but I would like to know some more experienced players opinion on this. I'm planning to have a facebreaker cyclone marauder or duelist in the new expansion (HC league!) when it comes out and would like to know what is the go to helmet+chest combination. Obviously abyssus offers a lot of dmg but has a downside of taking 40% more physical dmg which can be countered by a Lightning Coil (up to 30% now I think) or is the new BoR still the go to helmet now with only 6% block (iirc?)? There is also Daresso's Defiance and Belly of the Beast and I'm pretty sure there are some unique helmets that I don't know of cause I've been taking a year long break and just came back to playing this fantastic game. Main point is that I want to make a HC atziri viable build and that requires great defenses + I want to maximize dmg with that great survivability. The abyssus + carcass combo seems to me not so HC viable but this is where I need your help cause I haven't had the chance to use any of the above mentioned combinations. So anyways, I'd like to know some experienced players opinion on this one. Looking forward to your answers, thanks!

edit: so I've been talking with other fellow experienced players and they tend to bring me towards abyssus+carcass combo, they say the downside effect of abyssus does not make a huge difference in survivability and this combination definitely provides the most dmg possible. What do you guys think? I have never had the chance to use abyssus so I can't really tell, does it really not make a noticable difference that I should be worrying about when playing HC end game? (possibly killing Atziri as well that I've never done)
Last edited by attiGT on Jun 9, 2015, 1:38:36 AM
"
hitreza wrote:
"
Asag wrote:

thats on the beta -> they will prob change that :/

aaaaand i was right :D
Guess I should write some thoughts about the expansion...

At first glance I'm thinking on dropping IR, not sure yet, need to experiment a bit with it, dropping it means we can grab the extra aura effect nodes on the duelist side, we'll see (will still need that mana reserve jewel to run 3 auras again).
Also I'll try to Abyssal Cry into the build, the anti-reflect damage seems very tempting, as for jewel sockets, getting 3 should be no problem for any build, specially with the extra talent points from act4. Life leech getting a "nerf" was unexpected, again, need to do more tests to see what the minimum leech required is (although I assume Blood Rage will be enough).

Probably will rewrite most of the guide after a week or so of playing it on live..
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Jul 2, 2015, 5:48:10 PM
Following this guide for Cyclone Facebreaker and it's going really well so far. Great guide Shakka.

I 6 linked a Carcass Jack (first 6 link I do myself yay!) and chromed it with 3R Vorici but I got RRRRBG.
Spoiler

Before I recolor it to get 2 greens, is there a red gem I could use to compensate faster attack? Life leech is always possible but I have a decent amount of leech already so I'm not sure if it's necessary. I'm not sure how useful Weapon Elemental Damage or Physical to Lightning would scale in a Facebreaker build. Technically, with Hatred and Added Fire, almost 50% of our damage is elemental for WEP, and Physical to Lightning still takes my FB's physical scaling but I never see anyone go or even mention elemental FB so I might be forgetting something.

Also, when spinning and going in a straight line, should I be doing a bunch of small spins or can I aim far in the distance? Do the number of attacks done per cyclone change depending on distance traveled?
"
Namcap wrote:

Before I recolor it to get 2 greens, is there a red gem I could use to compensate faster attack?

Also, when spinning and going in a straight line, should I be doing a bunch of small spins or can I aim far in the distance? Do the number of attacks done per cyclone change depending on distance traveled?

In 2.0 there's a red support gem called Fortify which gives melee physical damage+, which I had plans on using instead of Added fire, you could use that instead of faster attacks, you'll end up hitting harder, but at slower speed. Weapon elemental damage gem doesn't work with unarmed.

As for how to cyclone, try not to get locked with cyclone traveling greater distances, it's better to use it for small distances (like the size of the current monster group you're fighting).
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Jul 3, 2015, 5:09:43 AM
hey, i used this build in the last temp league, do you think following this would still work in the new leagues? This was my first time doing melee and it owned btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info