Servers.

So why is there an option on logg-in screen for regions if there is no EU server?
Besides,i don't think i could play with an average of 50-70 ping on 2mb/s connection if the server was located in states......so there has to be one closer to me (Baltic states)
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
So why is there an option on logg-in screen for regions if there is no EU server?
Besides,i don't think i could play with an average of 50-70 ping on 2mb/s connection if the server was located in states......so there has to be one closer to me (Baltic states)
The Europe option is a gateway to the server. It should improve latency for players in that area of the world.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Getting 230-270ping in Australia. It is noticeable. No LAN support and no Australian server is what will stop me from playing D3. It's wht stopped me from playing wow. I love PoE, bt I fear I will not be able to stomach the lag.
220-260 ping, Australia also. For whatever reason, I've adjusted to that after 10+ years of playing foreign games in Australia (i.e. all games) and think it's pretty normal. Well, I lived in the US for a few years and sure, ping plummeted but I didn't actually leave the place and feel like things were that much worse here. Odd.

Anyway -- it's been discussed, and servers in Australia/NZ are notoriously expensive. I'm sure GGG would love to host closer to home, but right now, I'm not sure it's economically viable.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
scale_e wrote:
Getting 230-270ping in Australia. It is noticeable. No LAN support and no Australian server is what will stop me from playing D3. It's wht stopped me from playing wow. I love PoE, bt I fear I will not be able to stomach the lag.

It's actually, not as bad as you think...I know a lot of other people from around the world, that's getting over 200ping and they can play just fine(my self included, the delay is only a bout a second or less). The lag spikes don't happen too often, so they aren't that noticeable.

Plus I'm sure in the very near future GGG will add a Oceanic server.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 13, 2012, 8:04:42 PM
Server lag is very minimal my laptop on bell internet(bell fucking sucks)has had 1 minor lag spike

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info