PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Servers.

Are there more than one server? I heard its in New Zealand but i wonder if there is more than one? If there is only one how many players can it support at a time??

Thanks.
the closed beta server(s) is in texas. i dont know how many they have right now but it will all chance for open beta then again for launch anyways.
I believe GGG are planning on also having a server(s) in europe when the game is released.
"
Malice wrote:
I believe GGG are planning on also having a server(s) in europe when the game is released.

"A European server cluster will be added when the game is released"

Saw this on Twitter the other day.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"
Well I certainly hope that they manage their servers better than a certain "Riot Games." This company seems pretty on top of their game though so I'm sure it won't be a problem.
"
Citus wrote:
"
Malice wrote:

"A European server cluster will be added when the game is released"

Saw this on Twitter the other day.

Thats very good news!
I think this game needs to spread its servers rather than concentrate it in america and Europe. For example, have several in America and Europe and one server in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Asia, and South America instead of 10 servers in America and Europe alone. Now you might think I'm a bit nuts at this point, but Diablo 3 (Path of Exiles biggest competition) is run by Blizzard who don't support small areas as I have mentioned above (Asia not a minority anymore lol), and so by gaining popularity with the minority as well as majority - I can see a real global advantage for this game when it is released. I for one don't live in America or Eurpoe - so playing with 250ms latency is horrible, I would prefer this game over D3 if I had a server to join with latency of less than 100 purely because the gaming experience is far better, not because of graphics, gameplay etc.

Anyways, thats just my opinion.
I support games that support me, and so far:
Score:

PoE: 1 (being F2P)
D3: 0
Last edited by llariOnll on Mar 31, 2012, 2:56:27 PM
Despite high ping, there really isn't any lag at all.
I have been reading in other forums and some people said during this stress test they have as high as 700! And yet they said nothing is lagging at all!

For me I haven't played the stress test yet, but before that I always had around 200~270ms ping, and yet I never lagged at all(no item drop lag, no chat lag, nothing at all).

And servers in Asia is still too early, they're not localizing it yet...
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Mar 31, 2012, 10:41:26 PM
I'm living in Asia, and I did notice some delay from attacking to when the zombies react to the attack, though I guess this is to be expected considering that the server is halfway across the globe from me :D

I'm looking forward to trying out their European server later on which should be closer and hopefully allows a smoother gameplay experience.

Though I think a server in Australia should serve well for all players in Australia as well as Asia.
I'm in New Zealand, have some lag issues, seems to be evenings (5pm onwards) could be my internet. Definitely doesn't affect it enough to not be able to play

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info