[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Thanks for all, GoranH. Actually I always try to avoid any enemy attacks. But the problem is that some enemies move rapidly so I'm rarely able to place my totems in advance. In addittion, there are many kinds of projectiling enemies that can strike me as soon as I'm noticed. Then, my totems being destructed very fast leave me without any safety. As a result, I easily can get ripped and lose some XP what is terrible.

If the area is such that you're aware fast enemies are there... totems ahead and when you notice either warp or temp. chains. As for projectile enemies, I just stay as far back as I can and spam totems... totems usually agro everything... if there's a particularly nasty pack, back away... or just you yourself aggro a few of 'em, bit by bit.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Hey there, you asked if we could stop by to comment when done with cruel difficulty.

I tried invasion and died 2 times (low level) as a maraurder but i just managed to get to merciless with your build which is a whole lot for me.

I gotta say I love this build and I would highly recommend it to new playera that want to give hardcore league a go.

I myself am no good at hardcore league but with this build I managed to stay alive and reach merciless!
Soloing dominus in cruel was also a big achievement for me ^^

This build is really safe but has tons of damage, I love using the totems as a meatshield! thanks a lot for sharing the build with me!

Stefan

Bandits
- Oak
- Skill Point
- Skill Point

Does this mean that we kill off the other 2, and help Oak?
Hello,

So I made it to merciless in the 2 week race using this build. I have to say it's really awesome, however I would not call it newbie friednly. It's only cheap, but positioning yourself and your totems are very important, a lot of times means life or death, which in hardcore is though, one mistake and it might be enough - because we are anything but tanky.

I question the necessity of EB, I only plan to get it at later levels, probably that will mean that my character is completely finnished. However, I highly doubt that it's a good idea to take the shortcut to EB on hardcore leagues, as I doubt the ES gear as well. As you said, we do rely on potions, which means mana potions as well until a certain point. I believe that during end-game, maps, it's really nice not to have any mana potions and to have some granite as such instead, but until then it looks hard to maintain mana without potions, and if it's done by wearing ES gear and EB then I would say it's way-way-way too risky. We would have absolutely no armor.

The resistances are not really a problem and I only advise to get armor gear and take EB much later because I think it makes room for mistakes in end cruel and merciless.

Probably with a granite we can get out of tough situations even with EB, but I like the idea to rely on 1 or 2 mana potions and have armor (because tbh I have no problems with my mana if I have 1 or 2 potions for it) rather than relying on a granite.

Of course later I would really love to see the two auras: clarity and disciplnie with EB, and that I don't need any mana potions to cast my two flame totems and flammability.

So what I did is, I used the option 1 end-game tree you have, and went down to get totemic mastery, and the nearby health and such (everything there, like in option 1). I also got shamanistic fury, I honestly have no idea why you wouldn't get it in hardcore - the survivability and the damage of the totems seems to be as important as yours, since if they can't deal enough damage and/or can't survive anything, then they are useless, and so is your character.

Right now I plan to go the long route to EB, getting the fire damage, the hp, and the mana regen - we are getting so much mana regen, is EB really worth it? -, and I vision that the last point I'm spending is going for EB before saying that this character is done, let's have a new one. I hope I won't die until that. :)

Anyways, I want to thank you again for making this guide, this is what every guide should look like!

I have to add though that my "issues" with armor is might be due to the mf setup I'm using (120%) because I'm a greedy idiot.
Last edited by Dreamer92 on May 24, 2014, 5:43:07 AM
"
Rayfe wrote:
Bandits
- Oak
- Skill Point
- Skill Point

This means that on normal, you help oak and keel the two others.
On cruel you keel all for the skill point.
On merciless you murder all for da skillz point.
Last edited by Dreamer92 on May 24, 2014, 5:45:29 AM
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
"
Rayfe wrote:
Bandits
- Oak
- Skill Point
- Skill Point

This means that on normal, you help oak and keel the two others.
On cruel you keel all for the skill point.
On merciless you murder all for da skillz point.

Thank you for the clarification!
Hey man, I died in cruel (invasion). I was fighting one of those invisible snake things and it ran away, i was looking for it and i got hit by like 6 poison bombers and bleeding as soon as i turned a corner to find it (in market sewers lvl 49), it happened so fast that i misclicked my remove bleeding flask and i died instantly. Worst part was... I PICKED UP MY FIRST EXALT EVER, RIGHT BEFORE ENCOUNTERING THIS INVISIBLE MOB... i knew i should have went back to camp, it was a bad omen for sure.

Anyways, i LOVE this build, im gonna re try this same thing as i write this, i think i can definitely beat invasion with self found gear (thats why i love this build). Thanks for the great detail, not many guides are this in depth.
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Hello,

So I made it to merciless in the 2 week race using this build. I have to say it's really awesome, however I would not call it newbie friednly. It's only cheap, but positioning yourself and your totems are very important, a lot of times means life or death, which in hardcore is though, one mistake and it might be enough - because we are anything but tanky.

I question the necessity of EB...

Thanks for the feedback... about EB, for basic build it allows totem spamming and easy management of 5L or higher totems... or regular totem usage without relying at all on mana pots, freeing those spots for more important flasks, also AA shines at higher levels... if taking MoM or Cloak of Def route, it's essential, since ES at later level unless CI or low life shavs or Aegis isn't very good... so you use it as effective life pool, which is pretty awesome.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
"
talOngrip wrote:
Hey man, I died in cruel (invasion). I was fighting one of those invisible snake things and it ran away, i was looking for it and i got hit by like 6 poison bombers and bleeding as soon as i turned a corner to find it (in market sewers lvl 49), it happened so fast that i misclicked my remove bleeding flask and i died instantly. Worst part was... I PICKED UP MY FIRST EXALT EVER, RIGHT BEFORE ENCOUNTERING THIS INVISIBLE MOB... i knew i should have went back to camp, it was a bad omen for sure.

Anyways, i LOVE this build, im gonna re try this same thing as i write this, i think i can definitely beat invasion with self found gear (thats why i love this build). Thanks for the great detail, not many guides are this in depth.

General rule for hc... stash anything over 5+chaos in stash upon finding it. gz on Exalt, for me they are... quite rare. Got like one in my playtime. heh

Have fun!
"
GoranH wrote:
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Hello,

I question the necessity of EB...

Thanks for the feedback... about EB, for basic build it allows totem spamming and easy management of 5L or higher totems... or regular totem usage without relying at all on mana pots, freeing those spots for more important flasks, also AA shines at higher levels... if taking MoM or Cloak of Def route, it's essential, since ES at later level unless CI or low life shavs or Aegis isn't very good... so you use it as effective life pool, which is pretty awesome.

Oh god, I completely forgot about AA. I didn't use it at all before. The goal with it in this build to keep it up without our mana goind dry right? To have a higher mana regen than the mana-draining of AA? And only level AA if we can keep it that way?

If that's true, I will certainly aim for a armor/ES chest and similar shield. What do you think of Rathpith Globe as shield btw?

I'm using aurseize as gloves and I would love to keep it that way and some unique helmet with magic find, tho it's really shit in everything else so I guess I will need to get a better one. I wonder if I get a chest with armor/ES, the unique shield mentioned, and focusing on armor for the boots and helmet will I have enough. Enough to make 1 or 2 mistakes from time to time.

I guess if one has Rathpith Globe you may as well get a full armor chest, but it would be really hard (?) to get a preferred sockets. With Rathpith I would say EB is more than worth it, since it's giving us so much ES (and other good stuff).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info