[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Dreamer92 wrote:

Oh god, I completely forgot about AA. I didn't use it at all before. The goal with it in this build to keep it up without our mana goind dry right? To have a higher mana regen than the mana-draining of AA? And only level AA if we can keep it that way?

If that's true, I will certainly aim for a armor/ES chest and similar shield. What do you think of Rathpith Globe as shield btw?

I'm using aurseize as gloves and I would love to keep it that way and some unique helmet with magic find, tho it's really shit in everything else so I guess I will need to get a better one. I wonder if I get a chest with armor/ES, the unique shield mentioned, and focusing on armor for the boots and helmet will I have enough. Enough to make 1 or 2 mistakes from time to time.

I guess if one has Rathpith Globe you may as well get a full armor chest, but it would be really hard (?) to get a preferred sockets. With Rathpith I would say EB is more than worth it, since it's giving us so much ES (and other good stuff).

Yes, weird how you disregarded AA... it's one of essential parts of defense. :) Melee fighters are meh, spell fighters can be managed... but ranged projectile ones can be extremelly nasty, especially fast attacking ones. AA "fixes" that, and helps with everything phys/fire in general, especially if fast attacking. Option for high lvl AA is wand with +2 cold/+1 lvl gem for +3 AA + empower for... yeah, better than voideye imo. You'd get 25 lvl AA .which is about -300 fire/phys per hit at max lvl, which is very noticable.

As for rathpiths... I've discussed it in the vid... ratpith and few other and some nodes... general AR/ES gear, tanky tanky if you need it.

Either watch the vid, or you can glean from the text file under it in the thread where I wrote basics of what I talked about in the vid.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
GoranH wrote:
"
Dreamer92 wrote:

Oh god, I completely forgot about AA. I didn't use it at all before. The goal with it in this build to keep it up without our mana goind dry right? To have a higher mana regen than the mana-draining of AA? And only level AA if we can keep it that way?

If that's true, I will certainly aim for a armor/ES chest and similar shield. What do you think of Rathpith Globe as shield btw?

I'm using aurseize as gloves and I would love to keep it that way and some unique helmet with magic find, tho it's really shit in everything else so I guess I will need to get a better one. I wonder if I get a chest with armor/ES, the unique shield mentioned, and focusing on armor for the boots and helmet will I have enough. Enough to make 1 or 2 mistakes from time to time.

I guess if one has Rathpith Globe you may as well get a full armor chest, but it would be really hard (?) to get a preferred sockets. With Rathpith I would say EB is more than worth it, since it's giving us so much ES (and other good stuff).

Yes, weird how you disregarded AA... it's one of essential parts of defense. :) Melee fighters are meh, spell fighters can be managed... but ranged projectile ones can be extremelly nasty, especially fast attacking ones. AA "fixes" that, and helps with everything phys/fire in general, especially if fast attacking. Option for high lvl AA is wand with +2 cold/+1 lvl gem for +3 AA + empower for... yeah, better than voideye imo. You'd get 25 lvl AA .which is about -300 fire/phys per hit at max lvl, which is very noticable.

As for rathpiths... I've discussed it in the vid... ratpith and few other and some nodes... general AR/ES gear, tanky tanky if you need it.

Either watch the vid, or you can glean from the text file under it in the thread where I wrote basics of what I talked about in the vid.

It still looks like I'll only use AA later. At act 2 merciless now.
Hi. Nice build. I will give a review later. Im at the moment in Act 2 Cruel/Invasion. What I dont get: How you get Dex? For LMP/GMP, Temporal Chains, AA? You dont level this gems? I accidently leveld my LMP and forgot that i wear a crappy ammu with + 50+ dex...Now i cant change that crap :( I think I have to buy a new one and dont level it, right?

Thx for build and hopefully an reply to my question.
found out about this build just now

what skills are suggested for leveling, and in what level ranges?

i'm in invasion
"
Ir4kandj7 wrote:
Hi. Nice build. I will give a review later. Im at the moment in Act 2 Cruel/Invasion. What I dont get: How you get Dex? For LMP/GMP, Temporal Chains, AA? You dont level this gems? I accidently leveld my LMP and forgot that i wear a crappy ammu with + 50+ dex...Now i cant change that crap :( I think I have to buy a new one and dont level it, right?

Temporal Chains is optional.
Personally I haven't leveled lmp for a long-long time :)

Btw, at merciless act 3 atm
"
cloudscraper wrote:
found out about this build just now

what skills are suggested for leveling, and in what level ranges?

i'm in invasion

It's mostly about feel....

For me, fire trap... then at normal brutus flameblast. Then act 3 searing bond + flameblast...
Then when you feel like it, anc bond + flame totem.. for me if I recall when you get lmp + fire pen and FT dmg is 250+. That's about it.

"
Ir4kandj7 wrote:

Dex you can get from passive tree +30 node, one more in shadow area... enough if you go for MoM route. Otherwise, it's very easy later on to get on gear (rings/gloves/ammy/helm/armor)... But still don't overlevel LMP as I've said... levels aren't amazing for it to justify wearing crappy ammy. You cna always gem + orb of regret.

Have fun!
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Just killed piety in merciless alone (invasion), at lvl 66 just like you. :D

Gear:

GoranH,

With using AA, Clarity and Discipline and EB ofc, how much mana and mana regen do you think is good (with which you can replace the mana flask(s) - have only one now)?

What AA lvl is when you say it's worth to drop the possibly 1000 ES (with Discipline) with EB for the minus physical damage taken when hit and for the minus fire damage taken when hit?

If I'm not wrong then a lvl 1 AA drains 5,7 mana/sec while standing still and 34,2 mana/sec while moving (5,7+28,5). Clearly for example it's not worth to drop 1000 ES if we can only run a lvl 1 AA without going dry (I know we can run a higher level one, I just said this to make my point).

The Combo of some of the passives and the Clarity&Discipline&EB is to maintain a higher lvl AA and to replace all of our previously might needed mana flask for hp or granite or w.e one needs.

And also of course I don't forget to put a reduced mana gem with clarity, discipline and AA. :3

By lvl 71 I will be able to get EB and will start to use AA, but ofc I might start to lvl it sooner, if I can calculate my mana regen. Clarity is still lvl 1 and I'm leveling Discipline for a long time now.

After that is done, and I'm satisfied with the work of AA, then I will consider this character to be done and will post the stats the gear (which is unlikely going to change). Will try not to die until then. For example by avoiding double unique boss dungeon maps (which I already have)...
lazy question: are the late game 110 points passive trees in OP viable for hardcore end-game (78 maps etc.)?
"
ishmael_ wrote:
lazy question: are the late game 110 points passive trees in OP viable for hardcore end-game (78 maps etc.)?

This build was made mostly for hardcore in mind... and beating general content and getting you ready into maps. That being said, entry maps self-found should do, mid-level map s you need to purchase some mostly cheap gear, and end-game maps (75 and up) you'll need to invest a bit, but not too much... Mostly to consider is general enemies and rares are fine... For boss fights, lvl 72 (such as Shock and Terror ie.) you'll need to know boss mechanics and how your particular build does against it. And for some boss fights, solo is very much prefered, being that only major downside of the build is you cannot leech dmg, such is the case with trap/totem builds. That's about it.

Personally your play is going to be the biggest factor here. Some people for example never use res flasks, granites, and disregard positioning, and mostly charge into everything, as clear speed is very good... which leads them to their demise. So if you're one of those whose play is decent and you're aware of your builds strengths and weaknesses I'd suggest you pick the shadow route and cloak of defiance... and/or sinvesting into templar block nodes getting uniques such as lahzar, ratpith's globe (strides if can get cheap) just to raise the tolerance for error ceiling, as we've already know you can get struck by ***tstorm suddenly where it's up to your reflexes and/or logout skills. I haven't tested marauder route (another option is going to marauder via ironwood), and MoM route (as I've preferred cloak of defiance largely). So there's that, but both at least in theory are made to fare very good. The vid I made touches on a few points in term of defense and uniques that can do good.

So all in, yes they are viable... however you can't afk, and need to be paying attention such is the case in hc leagues. And you'll have to invest some currency to do that and have knowledge of end-game bosses and pick your battles (preferably if it's your first time with this build go in solo, if it's your first time with these bosses... especially 75+, I suggest skipping where you can). :D

Hope that helps answer your question. Stay safe.
GoranH.

"
Dreamer92 wrote:
GoranH,

With using AA, Clarity and Discipline and EB ofc, how much mana and mana regen do you think is good (with which you can replace the mana flask(s) - have only one now)?

What AA lvl is when you say it's worth to drop the possibly 1000 ES (with Discipline) with EB for the minus physical damage taken when hit and for the minus fire damage taken when hit?

If I'm not wrong then a lvl 1 AA drains 5,7 mana/sec while standing still and 34,2 mana/sec while moving (5,7+28,5). Clearly for example it's not worth to drop 1000 ES if we can only run a lvl 1 AA without going dry (I know we can run a higher level one, I just said this to make my point).

The Combo of some of the passives and the Clarity&Discipline&EB is to maintain a higher lvl AA and to replace all of our previously might needed mana flask for hp or granite or w.e one needs.

And also of course I don't forget to put a reduced mana gem with clarity, discipline and AA. :3

By lvl 71 I will be able to get EB and will start to use AA, but ofc I might start to lvl it sooner, if I can calculate my mana regen. Clarity is still lvl 1 and I'm leveling Discipline for a long time now.

After that is done, and I'm satisfied with the work of AA, then I will consider this character to be done and will post the stats the gear (which is unlikely going to change). Will try not to die until then. For example by avoiding double unique boss dungeon maps (which I already have)...

For me as said in general ES isn't very good, as it doesn't have constant regen... and serves as a first hit defense pool kinda thing, you can do it... but AA is a lot better choice, unless as you've said it's lvl 1 and you have 1k+ ES. :)

So... I suggest start using AA when you have upwards of 100/150 mana regen with EB/Disc/Clar and level it appropriately. But AA shines only at higher levels, hence general idea is use it throughout your leveling as soon as you get EB and have some ES, then you can leveling clarity and getting mana regen becomes a joy... add in discipline at lvl 15 and up I'd say. It's usefulness depends on it's lvl and lvl of content. Since you've already done piety and all... I'd say get EB asap, try getting cloak of Def. and even see if you can get some cheap ES or AR/ES gear if not it's ok still and level AA as much as you can... as said lvl 25 AA would be mind-blowingly usefull, -300 fire/phys negation. heh

For me personally around lvl 15 and up it was very useful, giving me 102 fire/phys negation. But it starts going nicely at lvl 9 and onwards. I now have about 250 mana regen which I got fairly easily with which I can potentially maintain lvl 21 AA (static drain + moving drain as you've said ;) )... my AA is I think 14/15 now... can't recall. Projectile based attacks are scary in the game, tentacle miscreations, voidbearears can take you down easily... AA is a godsend for those, and it helps in general with mitigation. :)

Hope that helps, have fun!
GoranH.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info