Sacrifice of the Vaal is now Live! Compete in our Launch Competition!

sweet!!!

Is this it?
"
Hermike wrote:
Thank you very much for destroy my build! I have a lot less live and vaal pact is shit! I work a lot to make my Duelist a good Character, than in this new patch you destroy it now worth nothing i can survive with my character on maps!
It is a pity, thah you dont think to your players Dear Team! You give us a kick in our asses!
Good luck!

I don't know i've got a vaal pact build level 88 and I actually think my character is much stronger now because he can use flask. He might have a little less health and a couple of minor things but if you have a think about the respec it shouldn't be impossible
Being that I'm kind of new at this (level 51 character is really nothing special and I die every time a monster burps too loud) I'm wondering what exactly does one do to participate in this challenge. It looks like you need to be in the Ambush or Invasion (League?) (is that separate from Cruel?), and it would seem you need to start with a new character - can someone actually clear this up? I have no idea what I'm doing here....

And about the difficulty of Ambush or Invasion - how does the base difficulty compare to Cruel or Normal?
Last edited by magusat999 on Mar 10, 2014, 10:57:01 AM
"
magusat999 wrote:
Being that I'm kind of new at this (level 51 character is really nothing special and I die every time a monster burps too loud) I'm wondering what exactly does one do to participate in this challenge. It looks like you need to be in the Ambush or Invasion (League?) (is that separate from Cruel?), and it would seem you need to start with a new character - can someone actually clear this up? I have no idea what I'm doing here....

And about the difficulty of Ambush or Invasion - how does the base difficulty compare to Cruel or Normal?

Normal/Cruel/Merciless have nothing to do with leagues.

Considering that you don't know what leagues are (how is that possible if you've played all the way to level 51?) you are probably in standard league. Nothing special with that league. If a character dies in hardcore league, they are moved to standard.

Last season (each is 4 months) there were Domination (random altars spawn which help monsters until a player interacts with them, at which point they help that player instead) and Nemesis (where rare - yellow - monsters had special nemesis mods in addition to their normal mods, these were displayed in orange text above the normal mods)

The features from these leagues are now in all leagues.

The new leagues (added with Sacrifice of the Vaal) are Ambush and Invasion.

Ambush contains randomly spawning Strongboxes, chests with their own item properties which spawn monsters when interacted with and items when the monsters are killed.

Invasion adds random monsters to areas that don't usually spawn there, including one boss per area.

I hope this helped.
"
magusat999 wrote:

Normal/Cruel/merciless are the difficulty levels in the game. They are the same in every league. You have to play through every difficulty level to reach the "Endgame", which are maps, special zones your char can go to.

Invasion and Ambush are new leagues, in which you do have to start with a new character and play through the content 3 times (once for each difficulty level) and then reach the endgame, and then, if you found all of the 4 fragments of sacrifice, you can enter the zone of Atziri (Apex of sacrifice) and fight the bosses there and then her (but you will obviously die as everyone else does).

If you are in Standard or Hardcore league (press tab and look in the upper right corner to see that), then you can enter the Atziri fight, but this is not part of the competition.

"
Avadon13 wrote:
"
magusat999 wrote:

Normal/Cruel/Merciless have nothing to do with leagues.

Considering that you don't know what leagues are (how is that possible if you've played all the way to level 51?) you are probably in standard league. Nothing special with that league. If a character dies in hardcore league, they are moved to standard.

Just to clarify I am level 51 because I played the same character all the way through Normal / Standard (see - I learned something already!) and about halfway through Cruel / Standard. Pretty easy to get to that level just by playing through the content - and still not know what the heck one is doing! Level 51 is nothing - I have Resolute Technique, some Minion Upgrades and little else besides enough Dexterity to handle a decent bow (I'm not that crazy about melee in this type of game).

What you said does help, thanks for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info