[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

"
Ledebird wrote:
I'm using a 6L Voltaxic and changed the ICD gem to VM as you suggested, but it seems to have lowered the cold damage of my HOI enough to cause a lot less freezes on crit. So even though the tooltip dmg is higher with VM, I get less HOI on kill procs, assassins mark curses and power charge generation. I'm unsure if I should get more crit multi on my gear to fix this or maybe just go with VM and not take the 4th power charge on the tree.

UPDATE:
I replaced my %lightning dmg talisman with a crit multi and flat cold dmg amulet, which seems to greatly help with the shattering. 9% of my dmg output is now cold, so I don't think it will matter too much against reflect.

First of all, thank you for reading the main post.

Second. I would switch to ICD if at a certain point you stop shattering because the power charges are more important than the extra raw damage from VM. Herald of ice procs is extremely sensitive and will go from proccing often to never proccing based on how much flat cold damage you have from gear/ level of herald of ice/enemy resistance and map affixes.

Ideally you would try to get some flat cold damage on your ring as well once you swap to voltaxic since it has no cold damage.

"
First of all: great build and thanks for sharing!

I'm at 17k GMP / 3.5k life at lvl 80 using ur setup.

Equip:

Spoiler

Now I tried sth else and replaced chain with pcoc, got those 4 nodes to get piercing shot (40% pierce) and connected projectile weakness with curse on hit et voila: free pierce and dmg went up from 17k to 28k

Guess I'll stick to that setup since it seems more viable for me

Do what feels more comfortable for you.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
what is the gem VM?
"
demin54 wrote:
what is the gem VM?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Void_Manipulation
Thanks for sharing! Great build.

I have a question about the Vessel of Vinktar flask, is it not super good with the to attacks roll?

found this ammy too, not sure if super good or nah, cause it has no WED.

"using a Voltaxic"

IGN: Rhodos
Last edited by Doomtrain123 on Dec 24, 2015, 7:04:37 PM
"
Doomtrain123 wrote:
Thanks for sharing! Great build.

I have a question about the Vessel of Vinktar flask, is it not super good with the to attacks roll?

found this ammy too, not sure if super good or nah, cause it has no WED.

"using a Voltaxic"

That amulet is insane.

28 WED is only equal to about 40 flat ele damage on most builds that stack "increased" damage to about 250%. I can't imagine an amulet on talisman doing more dps than that thing other than some sort of insane T4 talisman with crit chance/crit multi implicit.

I dont see much point in vinktar especially if youre going voltaxic but i havent personally tested.

Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 26, 2015, 12:09:32 AM
Hey there, really loving the build so far, but I am currently at a loss as to how to push my DPS, as it is currently stuck at around 5k in town.

DPS breakdown:

In town: 4,989.8
With wrath, anger and herald of ice: 10,444.8

These are my current equipment:

Level 83

Jewels: Not sure how to link them from my passive tree, but 3 currently equipped so far

1. 14% Lightning damage, 4% atk and cast speed, 11% Fire and cold resists
2. 8% Damage, 6% Bow atk speed, 14% lightning resist
3. 14% Lightning damage, 11 dex and int

Could I get some pointers as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by Teary on Dec 25, 2015, 5:02:26 AM
"
Teary wrote:
Hey there, really loving the build so far, but I am currently at a loss as to how to push my DPS, as it is currently stuck at around 5k in town.

DPS breakdown:

In town: 4,989.8
With wrath, anger and herald of ice: 10,444.8

Jewels: Not sure how to link them from my passive tree, but 3 currently equipped so far

1. 14% Lightning damage, 4% atk and cast speed, 11% Fire and cold resists
2. 8% Damage, 6% Bow atk speed, 14% lightning resist
3. 14% Lightning damage, 11 dex and int

Could I get some pointers as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks a bunch!

There are a few areas where you can optimize dps:

-The pierce chance on your quiver means 10% of attacks will not chain. Which is unfortunate because its a great quiver
-Woe nail provides could gain a lot more ele damage or WED but overall not a bad ring.
-Amulet can gain tremendous amount more dps. Flat elemental damage rings/amulets should be cheap as dirt on standard.
-For jewels you will want 8 bow attack speed and 12 projectile damage and as much resists as you can find. ias/proj is only 1 chaos and you can regal them for life if youre lucky. ias/proj resists generally around 5 chaos even on talisman league.
-You'll gain a bit more dps with levels as you reach 90
-As an experiment can you take off anger aura and replace blood magic gem in the tabula rasa with an added light and faster attacks with crit damage and see if the net dps is higher? I would be more than willing to lend you the gems to test on standard. I would recommend the BM setup for players who want to run grace for a very tanky variant or prefer party play and non BM setup for those who prefer to solo and have more damage output potential.
-Finally, keep in mind voltaxic is not a true crit bow having only 6% but also keep in mind your damage number is primarily chaos damage which is completely unaffected by mob elemental resists or map mods that resist lightning or EE maps so in practice it is doing more than it says.

If you take a look at my accessories and jewels you'll see that they heavily prioritize damage while still giving my huge resists so i can free up other gear slots. Nearly every component is giving me dps and resist. The total cost was about 35 chaos for all 4 jewels and both rings.
gear

Cost breakdown:
Gear cost breakdown [As of date 12/20/2015] :
Armor: 1 exalt on day 1
Jewels: 20 chaos total
Diamond ring: 12 chaos
Bow: 9 chaos a few days ago
Helm: 5 chaos
Boots: 3 chaos day 1
Quiver: 2 chaos day 1
Gloves: 1 chaos
Coral ring: 1 chaos today
belt: self found
Talisman: self found
Flask: 2 chaos

Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 26, 2015, 12:57:40 PM
Thanks for the really quick and helpful response! I have just tried your suggested gem setup with crit damage and added light but without anger the dps remains about the same. In any event Ill change up my jewels as suggested and optimize my gear (in particular my rings/amulets) further before I post an update.

Hope you have had a very merry christmas!
Hey Nephalim,

I've been having a lot of fun with your build on Talisman SC! I was wondering about one of the Gems in your tabula link. I see you have Crit Damage in there. I'm currently having some problems getting shatters (And by extension, getting automatically generated Power Charges), so I moved from my previous 5L to a Tabula Rasa, I tried adding the Cold Damage Gem which seems to have made it a bit better but I still don't have a constant Power Charge pool. Would Crit Damage get me more shatters than Cold Damage? Since my crits will be doing more cold damage, as the multi is higher.
Hello there !

Thanks for the guide, your build seems pretty cool.

I started playing -in Standard- 3 weeks ago, so i'm pretty poor, but i've managed to loot a Kaom's Heart (38%fire/500life), a 2.0 Blood dance, an Alpha's Howl; and to trade a Voltaxic Rift.
Therefore, i'm considering using your build for my second character.

My question is: is it ok to use my non-legacy Kaom's Heart, or should i use another chest piece instead?

Thanks and merry Xmas!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info