1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

:><<
Really kind of difficult to grasp all of this QQ about standard legacy items. For me, and clearly the majority of other players, the temporary leagues are where it is at. Having playing similar games at high levels the endless wait for a ladder reset was mind-numbingly dull.

If you want to play in standard then play in standard. These legacy items you complain about are obtainable... but what's the point? Its easy to reach 80+ on multiple characters and try different builds, while gaining currency the whole time in any league.

The attraction of this game (for most) is the exploration of new character possibilities and making new successful characters every four months in a virgin league. If the attraction of the game (for you) is to build the one perfect character with using any item from the past leagues, then standard is there for you. Why complain about the one thing that lets you get what you want if you are that type of player?

This call asking for all the items to be reset is senseless. If you want that, HELLO!!!! It exists every four months. Really what all the QQ is about is;

A: I haven't played the game from day one

B: I want instant satisfaction of absolute power so I can get bored and quit right after I get it

C: Before I do that, I will moan endlessly about the lack of exciting end-game content for the .0001% of the player base that could do it

PoE is, quite frankly, the best concept I have seen in keeping a game fresh. D2 became as stale as old cheese left in a pile of cow dung about 3 months into every ladder. Lets keep in mind D2 was a GREAT game. I don't even want to discuss the complete failure that I feel D3 was. Endlessly running the same bosses in the hopes of getting a drop that would allow you to endlessly run the next boss in the line, was a permanent feature of both games.

So to sum up;

You want access to legacy items;

Play Standard long enough until you get everything you want, then quit

You want a fair and balanced game where everyone starts equally;

You get it every four months, with brief pauses in between and new content every time. Quit when you don't want that anymore.

Oh yeah, game is FREE by the way. QQ less, enjoy free stuff more.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
OP build = 150% Effectiveness
Normal build =100% Effectiveness

Buffing normal build to 150% Effectiveness

To prevent power creep, Effectiveness gets scaled down to 100% across the board.

This is the same as:

Normal build = 100% Effectiveness

Nerfing OP build to 100% Effectiveness

This!

On the legacy item problem: An advantage in terms of OP items some older player may have over a new player doesn't mean, that the new player suffers any disadvantage. As long as the new player is able to get viable gear (which the upcoming path is not denying imho) the above mentioned gap is of no meaning, because you don't compete against other players. You kill stuff. Just because someone who put way more time in the game may kill stuff faster than a new player, doesn't influence the effectiveness of the new player. They both kill stuff. The viability of a build should be measured on its power to make monsters dead, not if there are OP builds with OP legacy gear which make monsters more dead that dead.

Just my 2 cents
"NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME!" - Diablo in his good old times...
"
Zegedron wrote:
Thanks you GG you destroy my build. Nerf vaal pact ...

wanna re install d3 with me?

i remember when 1.0 games didnt need to nerf stuff every other week. Vaal pact is one of the most build enabling passives enabling ppl to beat reflect and with a huge new like this one im gonna have to say i think im done.... But as i can see the aegis block tank can still afk most bosses as long as they have a legacy aegis.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Normal build =100% Effectiveness

Buffing normal build to 150% Effectiveness

To prevent power creep, Effectiveness gets scaled down to 100% across the board.

This is the same as:

Normal build = 100% Effectiveness

Nerfing OP build to 100% Effectiveness

Bolded part is what never happens.

It always happen OP build is nerfed to 50% and less effectivness
well... this is long lol, I'm extremely hypeeeeeeeeeeeeed
a question to ggg. the question need a strait answer.. i dident read 60 pages to look for it.

if u got a item with iiq on it already... if the item after the patch is divined... the stat will as always role in the current bracket it is?.. this ofc not counters Uniques since there is no brackets.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Will current percentages on uniques that exist in the game now stay the same and thus become legacy? or will they all be changed?
well, that was a fun read. to sum it up the way i read it...
nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf legacy legacy legacy.
That Vaal Pact change, Mother of god!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info