1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
jamesl wrote:

LOL

do you not realize there are 4 month leagues where everyone starts off EXACTLY the same ?

empty stash, no items, no characters, no mules

you really don't understand this game at all

new players will want to play in the NEW leagues where they start off the same as everyone else

if they started in Standard or Hardcore they would already be behind, even if GGG deleted 1/2 the existing items from existing players

so OF COURSE they are going to want to start in the 4 month leagues, where they will be on equal footing, and they will will build up wealth just as everyone else does

LOL

Of course, because 4-month leagues last forever and people can play in them as long as they want, howsoever often they want, right?

It's been stated time and time again, since YOU apparently don't seem to grasp what the fuss is about: not every person enjoys being forced to create new characters every few months, jumping through the same old hoops over and over to level up all those characters, then having to essentially give up on them each time a league ends.

New 4-month leagues are an excellent idea, they aren't in question at all. It is the older leagues, places referred to as "dumpster leagues", that become worse and worse over time. Because of this, any new player wanting to continue developing his/her character into Standard has to basically give up or face insurmountable odds and live with them (knowing in the back of their minds that their character will be permanently limited because of how difficult and non-accommodating Standard is). Those options, a rock and a hard place, are terrible and not actual *options*. They are ultimatums. Who wants ultimatums when it comes to a hobby/enjoyment/distraction?

What do you mean insumountable odds? I'm new. My very first toon I made it to mericless Dominos doorstep self found hard core solo and would have killed him too if a DC didnt get me. Naw man game is totally doable for a noob like me and if i trade even more so. Cant wait for new league.

it's still very doable for new players to play in standard if they want to... they just (most likely) won't have those OP uniques.. are they saying they can't make a good build if they don't have any legacy unique items? if so, in my opinion, those people lack build creativity, not items! it's more than possible to make a good build using only rare items
IGN : MySecondBestiary
RIP BoR, but aweeeesome, Elemental damage is back on the road baby!
"
nikals wrote:
"
Peapodsp wrote:
"
nikals wrote:
MMMMHHHHHHHHHH DELICIOUS TEARS. YOUR SNIVELING GROWS ME STRONGER. KEEP SOBBING AND FEED ME THOSE TEARS!

What the actual fuck is wrong with some people here? If you don't like the game you don't have to play it ya know. The game is supposed to be harsh and unforgiving. If you don't enjoy that, you don't have to partake. And all of the balance changes were well justified in some way.

Keep in mind PoE is a FREE game. Stop acting like entitled little brats.

lol you do know people that play this game are funding it right? idiot

lol you do know that this game is free2play right? only those who really like the game will spend a lot of money on it, ie fund it. idiot

wow are you even out of school ?

free2play doesnt mean free, infact free software is another thing altogether. Free2play is just a business model like any other, actually is probably the most profitable right now.

Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I am sick of constant nerfs.
Now its Vaal Pact that got fucked up. And we have more legacy uniques.
Nerf to crit nodes and Maligaros why?

Why nerf everything to the ground what was fun against PvE?

DonT GGG see that PVP will always be fucked up, no matter what they do?
Just leave old "OP" things alone and buff other things, so people can try more stuff and not less.
And forget about PVP. Serious PVP players play Quakelive, Starcraft, fuck even this dumb games such as LoL oder Dota or something are much better for PVP.

Yeah and Vaal Orbs, add more RNG to fuckin RNG. Fight against the 4 titty monster? Gated behind RNG with these dumb fragments.

Good that the summer is coming. Can skip this season for an awesome summer with lot of weed and beer.
"
Chris wrote:

The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

So that means technically leeching life via fast melee attacks with Multistrike will be less effective?
I am not sure about that change, but as always - let´s see and find out...

"
Chris wrote:

The Vaal Oversoul's Smash is now fully considered an attack. It can now be evaded or blocked, but cannot be spell blocked.

THIS is just awesome! I can´t think of words to describe it. Thank You.

"
Chris wrote:

Spectral Throw: this now deals 46% of weapon damage at level 1, but increases as it levels. By level 15 of the gem, you will dealing 60% of weapon damage.

Since it currently starts with that 60% and will reach it by level 15 as well, I don´t think of a huge nerf but, of course, it will be not that strong in the beginning. I really like it!

"
Chris wrote:

Vaal Pact no longer suppresses life recovery from flasks. It still prevents life regeneration and now also reduces your leech by 60%

Finally Vaal Pact comes into consideration for life based Melees. :)

With a decent claw and 15% life leech via the claw passives at least + the new Vaal Pact keystone my ususal Reave Build may get a huge buff. Not sure about the life leech mechanic change as mentioned above, though.

"
Chris wrote:

Deshret's Vise has been renamed Meginord's Vise and the Attack Speed penalty has been removed from it. Old versions will not change.

Oh my! Those will be expensive as hell now. I absolutly like that change. Makes them a crazy melee item.

"
Chris wrote:

Bringer of Rain: Maximum Life has been reduced from 200-220 to 120-160. The supporting Blind is now level 6 and the supporting Faster Attacks is now level 12. On a legacy Bringer of Rain item, a Divine will reroll the Maximum Life, but not the level of the supports.

"My" beloved Bringer. :(

Spoiler
But I think giving up 3% blind chance and 6% attack speed is not a big deal all in all though... The life nerf truly hurts though...

"
Chris wrote:

Fixed a problem that could cause crashes on certain Creative sound hardware.

Wow! :) Am I supposed to use my Audigy Platinum 1 now correctly without "--softwareaudio" in the executable?

Thank You GGG for all the work, passion and devotion for PoE!
"
nikals wrote:
"
"
nikals wrote:
[Removed by Support] If you don't like the game you don't have to play it ya know. The game is supposed to be harsh and unforgiving. If you don't enjoy that, you don't have to partake. And all of the balance changes were well justified in some way.

Keep in mind PoE is a FREE game. [Removed by Support]

its all fun n games until all those [Removed by Support] quit and ggg pulls plugs on servers because they are no longer making a fortune...

they are helping your so called hc game stay alive lol dont take them for granted.

If someone supports a game they don't like it's their loss. I'm sure GGG would have enough funding and support without those who doesn't like the game. Those who like the game will obviously spend more money on it while those who don't will spend less.

funding doesnt only come from donor packs =/, id wager its mostly from microtrans... which generally is average players.

if you think a handful of people are going to pay 100$ a month to be able to continue playing poe, youre insane.

its going to take a lot more than a few dedicated people to keep servers alive, also lets be honest... this is a business for ggg, they are doing this to make money.
PN sounding very promising until the reworked skill tree changes are being listed...
dont want to complain about that fact at all but every skilltree change with respec made one of my main chars almost useless....
This time it will be my lvl85 Scion (spectral throw 2H Axe build) which is being nerfed jusr doubletime . skill and passives reduced so i guess bye bye viability and bye bye hours spent lvling - once again T_T

i just hope i'll be not chosing the class and build that for sure will be the one nerfed after the leagues :P

Nevertheless that is just a matter of theorycrafting skilltree after 2 or 3 dummy-chars to check the new skill stuff with....
THE Bigger issue is THAT WE STILL HAVE TO WAIT THE LAST HOURS until Release x_X

Cmon guys the last few hours of waiting are always the hardest so u maybe could at least keep that in mind for the next b9gger update and add like 10 hours more on the countdown which will then be just cut off and lets us celebrate the instalaunch then :P
just a thought on playing our minds to get rid off that awful pain in the ass type of waiting time..,. damn time's money time's short and most of all - WANT IT NOW haha...
Being patient is just so 90's - We don't do that kinda totally time-wasting things anymore these days in the age of highspeed internuts.
there were also statistics being made showing the average amount of tinme spent on pure waiting within a lifetime and damn waiting is just THE most useless thing that uses significantly high amounts of time being totally useless ....

By reading this to the end you might have gained a small impression of the topic i am talking about - what just even more shows how one is being forced to bore all others reading with quite a bit of nothing useful being said at all.
Yeah u got it - just killing some time because countdown timer must be counting wrong and tooo damn slow...
Mission Control - pls grant permission for quickstarting or i will begin to randomly push all the buttons i got in front of me and i am evil enough to push 2 or more just at the same time !!! i Swear ....

PS: this post is not intended to be a serious one or to be funny or so.
feel free to keep any grammar and spelling mistakes u are guaranteed to find.
Yeah i know i am such a nice person to offer them free.. enjoy or don't - your choice but dont eat text as it may be of low sense and may cause braindamage when consumed.
Standard: 85 ST Scion,
74 Fun Build COC Shadow and more
Ambush: 30'S and lvling Powdertoastmaaan
=================================================
Standard Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/779125
So when it updtes the patch ?, it says on this week, but from when, tomorrow a small part and the rest of it on whole week ?.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
"
So will the Vaal areas and Queen Atziri appear in standard league, or only in the new challenge leagues?

^^
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Just because there are Legacy items that costs 300 exalts, does not mean you cannot afford epic non-legacy items for dozens of chaoses or few exalts.
So, no economy is ruined. The nerfed items are not underpowered, only balanced. Standard League is oversaturated with many GG items that you can get for few chaoses, or few exalts.

Repeat

Just because there are Legacy items that costs 300 exalts, does not mean you cannot afford epic non-legacy items for dozens of chaoses or few exalts.
So, no economy is ruined. The nerfed items are not underpowered, only balanced. Standard League is oversaturated with many GG items that you can get for few chaoses, or few exalts.

Repeat

Repeat

Now, learn your lessons.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Last edited by Lordemore on Mar 4, 2014, 5:24:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info