Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #1

"
ald4r1s wrote:
don't be so happy about new things

1000 nerfs are incoming, few new features will not change a damn thing

ofc nerfs are ALWAYS a good thing...Never be OP thats why its called BALANCED.
Beta Member Since 2010
 Other than the fact that it has 1 white socket which is definitely a cool feature the damage stats on it are meh. So we are still all still forced to look for % increased physical damage mod to get any kind of a decent DPS. If white sockets on items is the new norm in patch 1.1.0 that would be awesome. If it is only on special items and not available as a standard color then it's just another nasty trick of dangling a carrot in front of us that we can never reach. If GGG does make it a part of the standard RGB colors but then sets the roll chance too low so that we only see it once in a blue moon then that is also too cruel. Hopefully we can get white sockets on gear more often than not.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Sweet cant wait to test it.
"
p00phAmmeR wrote:
What if corrupted is a part of series of affixes that can spawn rather than just one thing?

i think they said a while back that it was separate, so probably not an affix or prefix, or if is, its separate from the normal ones.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
Assuming chris isn't trolling...
The white socket will be from a recipe - clearly Chris is making use of it here and we all could be too (if it actually does exist ha) if only we knew what it is. Technically/theoretically/if it's actually true, the white socket is not a new feature.
The only new feature is the fact that the weapon is corrupted (POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS HERE FOR SOME I'M SURE...sorry).

I really hope that it does not make the item more powerful in exchange for doing damage to yourself when using it (i.e. blood magic). It couldn't be blood magic anyway because this already exists - why make a league that is blood magic...but called corrupted.
So....what could it be..
Corrupted could, as some have said, increase the overall power of a weapon or defence of armour. If this is the case, well then we are simply just setting the end game bar higher like in other games where older end gear becomes less valuable (i.e. a 400dps 1H is suddenly mediocre and everyone wants a 600dps corrupted 1h). I don't think GGG would do this.
So...what more is there?
A new 'style' (for want of a better word) of benefit - assuming you have to sacrifice something to enjoy the benefit of corruption. anyone got ideas on another benefit that could be given from a corrupted weapon that isn't purely based on increased damage or defence?

If a corrupted item is disadvantageous:
The red writing could as someone said be an unidentified mod, but it could also be red to indicate/warn that the item is corrupt.
This would lead to the blood magic effect (or something similar - i.e. a 'backlash' effect as someone termed it).
Again, thoughts on what negative effect a corrupted item could have -
So far i've seen people suggesting ethereal based effect (i.e. it is stronger but eventually 'corrodes' through use or time), which makes sense because this would also correlate with the sacrifice (sacrifice of gear). Again, I don't think GGG would encourage this because it can take so long to craft an item, who would possibly 'sacrifice' the whole item simply to be able to farm faster for a little while. The farming would reap rewards, sure, to simply spend on your next corrupted item...there would be little progression....most people in the four month leagues probably manage to get one or two 'awesome' weapons ('awesome' is proportional to the amount they play ... so someone who plays casually would have enough time in the four months to get themselves an exalt worth of weapon say and someone who plays A LOT probably saves up for a soul taker (or equivalent - just what jumped to my mind), it's not like they're going to be happy to sacrfice that are they?

bah....its getting late, hope i've given some food for thought and someone can come up with more theories on what it is that corrupted does - what needs to be sacrificed.

TL;DR - corrupted will benefit or disadvantage (possibly both) - i don't think it will be similar to blood magic because blood magic already exists; why call it corrupted. I don't think a corrupted item will 'corrode' from use because this sacrifice is too great (sacrificing an expensive item is not on people's agenda (unless you can justify such a sacrifice?). Finally, corrupted can't just simply enhance the weapons power by increasing its dps - what could be another way that a play would benefit from a corrupted item without devaluing all other gear and being able to have the corrupted item transfer to the normal leagues without being majorly OP in those normal leagues.

TL;DR the TL;DR - more theories on what corrupting does please...white sockets aren't new (if they do exist)...Chris just knows the recipe ;).
IGN: uCry
Corrupted - every time you use this gear/gem you lose 1 maxHp/1 maxEs.
Then they could have the final boss be immune to non-currupted gear/skills.

This is what sacrifice means, that would probably never happen though XD
Last edited by smichal52 on Feb 17, 2014, 8:16:48 AM
O.O
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.
Anyone else surprised that there isn't a fishing rod in his inv?
D3 sucks
Can't wait for next screenshot :O

edit/ I also hope that a corrupted item does not look the same as a non-corrupt one (some kind of effect on what would be a normal item so as to show that it is corrupted without hovering your mouse over to see that it has corrupted written on it.
IGN: uCry
Last edited by Cry on Feb 17, 2014, 8:34:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info