[1.2.x] Blasting Cap Build - Flameblast / Summon Skeletons w/ videos / 中文翻譯 /

"
neurotech wrote:
What flasks do you use?

2 HP pots, 1 quicksilver, 1 jade, 1 ruby. You need remove bleeding, and remove curses the rest is up to you.

These are old pots back when I used to play this toon:

Last edited by Solishaw on Oct 6, 2014, 10:27:02 AM
You don't play this character any more? What do you play now?
"
neurotech wrote:

Been hard at work trying to development another OP fun build. You have to realize, I played this toon for close to 6 months straight. Needed to develop something new, keep things fresh. I still have this toon, fully geared and I occasionally hop on and burn stuff to ashes. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the build, but 5k+ hours, min maxing a build around one skill can get laborious :D.

Just started messing around with a couple ideas last week, but man I'm having a hell of time trying to out DPS this flameblast build for the same amount or slightly more in the exalt dept.
Last edited by Solishaw on Oct 6, 2014, 9:32:01 PM
"
"
neurotech wrote:

Been hard at work trying to development another OP fun build. You have to realize, I played this toon for close to 6 months straight. Needed to develop something new, keep things fresh. I still have this toon, fully geared and I occasionally hop on and burn stuff to ashes. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the build, but 5k+ hours, min maxing a build around one skill can get laborious :D.

Just started messing around with a couple ideas last week, but man I'm having a hell of time trying to out DPS this flameblast build for the same amount or slightly more in the exalt dept.

I totally understand. I feel like every time I get a character to 80 I get hit with a strong desire to try another build. 6 months is impressive!

Can't wait to see your next build. Keep us posted!
Can I use whirling blade/ Leap slam instead of Lightning warp?
"
13uster wrote:

Yes to both. You can have an offhand dagger and put whirling blades in there. Leap slam you could put into an active gem slot since it works with maces.

Just for the record, I personally feel lightning warp is absolutely king for movement speed with this spec.
"
"
13uster wrote:

Yes to both. You can have an offhand dagger and put whirling blades in there. Leap slam you could put into an active gem slot since it works with maces.

Just for the record, I personally feel lightning warp is absolutely king for movement speed with this spec.

I have some other question.

Is so happens that 50% of the times the enemies do not ignite, and i have to cast flameblast again to kill them. Is this normal or am i missing something?

Also, why is reduced mana needed for Lightning warp?

And, is there a reason you didnt 20q the gems in Alpha and doryanis?
Last edited by 13uster on Oct 8, 2014, 4:02:01 PM
I'm wondering whether Vaal Pact would be a worthwhile investment of points. Have you tried it? It seems it would make the leech a bit more reliable, but I'm not sure.

Also, it seems like the leech from the 2 x Doryani's scepters and the belt only applies to the initial blast, not the burn. Has this always been the case?
"
13uster wrote:
"
"
13uster wrote:

I have some other question.

Is so happens that 50% of the times the enemies do not ignite, and i have to cast flameblast again to kill them. Is this normal or am i missing something?

Also, why is reduced mana needed for Lightning warp?

And, is there a reason you didnt 20q the gems in Alpha and doryanis?

50% chance to ignite is low. You gain a huge amount of ignite chance by adding quality to your gems and cursing with flammability. I suspect that might be your issue, but without knowing your level, gear/gems I can only speculate.

I chose to use reduced mana with lit warp, so I can continually proc it for fast movement. It was hitting my available mana hard enough that it was effecting my flameblast stacking. Reduced mana completely fixed it.

Quality on the gems in alpha's howl is personal preference. It will only extend the range your aura's effect party mates.
"
neurotech wrote:
I'm wondering whether Vaal Pact would be a worthwhile investment of points. Have you tried it? It seems it would make the leech a bit more reliable, but I'm not sure.

Also, it seems like the leech from the 2 x Doryani's scepters and the belt only applies to the initial blast, not the burn. Has this always been the case?

I tested vaal pact and it's drawbacks actually made the build sketchier to play. 40% leech effectiveness, and no life regen affected my playstyle too much. Your mileage may vary, but I didn't like it.

The leech always has applied to the initial hit of flameblast. If it counted the DoT burn damage.. that'd way too OP.

Last edited by Solishaw on Oct 12, 2014, 4:39:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info